Squad 2022

On 06/09/2021 at 11:43, haskey said:

I agree with Michael Bates re MOM Chizzy defence was not of the best. I wonder if he got votes because of that try.

Take a look at how many tries he was involved with.  Plus I thought he generally taunted the Fax defence all afternoon - some wonderful passes.  Hall got the credit for the fancy offload leading to Blackmore's first but for me it was the precise bullet pass from Chizzy that gave him the space.

Anyway I don't think I've ever given Chizzy a mom nomination based on his defence.......

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Take a look at how many tries he was involved with.  Plus I thought he generally taunted the Fax defence all afternoon - some wonderful passes.  Hall got the credit for the fancy offload leading to Blackmore's first but for me it was the precise bullet pass from Chizzy that gave him the space.

Anyway I don't think I've ever given Chizzy a mom nomination based on his defence.......

Players bring different things to a game. Chizzy and Brown are pivotal to everything that goes on in a game. Jones is more off the cuff. Holmes excellent passer of the ball etc. Chizzy hasn't got the best tackling technique but defences are always aware of what he might and can do. He could be in the top three every week. His prime objective is to make other players stand out like he did/does with Brad Day for example and Craig Hall just revels in the luxury of having a fantastic half back to work with.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Another who seems to spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

I know he did his bicep pre - season and made his comeback in semi played in final and played in last four C%S games

Bottom line is we had all this talk about injuries last year with junior🤣

regarding NU it says  he;s  off-contract at the end of the season and it is understood he has been offered to Super League clubs, though it is not believed that an offer on the table at this stage.

The way james and frankie got snapped up you would have thought if owt were going to happen there would have been an offer

1 hour ago, POR said:

regarding NU it says  he;s  off-contract at the end of the season and it is understood he has been offered to Super League clubs, though it is not believed that an offer on the table at this stage.

The way james and frankie got snapped up you would have thought if owt were going to happen there would have been an offer

Nu takes up a quota spot. That makes it harder for clubs to justify bringing him in unless they're confident he'll be a significant contributor and a starter rather than just squad depth, and it's tough to get a regular starting gig at half back in SL, as the likes of Holmes and McLelland have found.

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nu takes up a quota spot. That makes it harder for clubs to justify bringing him in unless they're confident he'll be a significant contributor and a starter rather than just squad depth, and it's tough to get a regular starting gig at half back in SL, as the likes of Holmes and McLelland have found.

exactly but could he do a cam king and get an offer from back home 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Our backline is already top notch but he is a quality signing 

I’d play 

pickersgil*
Gale 

hardy

hall

briscoe *

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep. Top player and great news if true.  Just interesting about the part time thing though.....

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yep. Top player and great news if true.  Just interesting about the part time thing though.....

Maybe he has got a job lined up, but equally, most Leeds fans seem to think he was on a fairly modest salary by SL standards at Leeds and if the contract they offered him was similar or reduced it might be that we could at least match it, we do seem to have an increasing number of players who don't have a job outside rugby.

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Maybe he has got a job lined up, but equally, most Leeds fans seem to think he was on a fairly modest salary by SL standards at Leeds and if the contract they offered him was similar or reduced it might be that we could at least match it, we do seem to have an increasing number of players who don't have a job outside rugby.

That's all true but because article say's part time I think it's fair to assume that the big big world of rugby league expect FEV to still be a part time team in the championship next year😀

28 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Page 1 list updated. There's still some big names on the "pending" list.

Plenty of rumours of new arrivals and possible departures, but perhaps we'll have to wait for the end of the season for official confirmation,

You've got gadwin as a loan  but I thought we signed him for the remainder of the  season after he was released FAX