Departing players

Wakefield Ram

Is Barley's budget much bigger or Whitehaven's? I think with a good quick scrum half then we had the players this year to do better than we did. And it wasn't just the results the performances have been dull. Seemed we spent much of the season on 5 drives and an ineffective kick, trying not to lose rather than trying to win. 

Off the field it's hard with next to no staff but we need to market the club more and the new media manager has made a good start.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Is Barley's budget much bigger or Whitehaven's? I think with a good quick scrum half then we had the players this year to do better than we did. And it wasn't just the results the performances have been dull. Seemed we spent much of the season on 5 drives and an ineffective kick, trying not to lose rather than trying to win. 

Off the field it's hard with next to no staff but we need to market the club more and the new media manager has made a good start.

We do need to market the club better but trying to get them to do that is like peeing into the wind. Why aren’t we announcing more re signings? It must be two weeks now since we announced one. I was talking to Marquis Charles on Sunday and he said he said he’s trying to get a past players up and running again,he’s spoken to the club about it and guess what,nothing. And they wonder when supporters get disgruntled.

On 22/09/2021 at 06:21, graham fisher said:

We do need to market the club better but trying to get them to do that is like peeing into the wind. Why aren’t we announcing more re signings? It must be two weeks now since we announced one. I was talking to Marquis Charles on Sunday and he said he said he’s trying to get a past players up and running again,he’s spoken to the club about it and guess what,nothing. And they wonder when supporters get disgruntled.

Marquis,Dennis Bailey,Eddie Rombo,what a trio ,Lee needs to speak those three about how to score a few tries.

On 22/09/2021 at 05:04, Wakefield Ram said:

Batley’s off field staff within the Chief exc and GM and commercial manager must doing well for the coaching staff plus bissa and the sponsors help the club… plus it helps having rugby league people in the game 

On 22/09/2021 at 06:21, graham fisher said:

This is very sad. The club has a rich history with many great ex-players, coaches, etc still living locally. A vibrant ex-players association as well as things like launching a women’s team, a reserve team, regular community activities would get more people involved and give it more of a club feeling.

The new media man has made a good start but on the whole the club feels as though it is just 1 team fulfilling its fixtures from one season to the next and not a great deal more.

rambo.gif

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

This is very sad. The club has a rich history with many great ex-players, coaches, etc still living locally. A vibrant ex-players association as well as things like launching a women’s team, a reserve team, regular community activities would get more people involved and give it more of a club feeling.

The new media man has made a good start but on the whole the club feels as though it is just 1 team fulfilling its fixtures from one season to the next and not a great deal more.

Some of these things may happen sooner than you think. 

A reserve team proved impossible due to a lack of other teams to play and active discouragement from the RFL. A women's team would be welcomed and is now being encouraged by the RFL.

On the other hand a reduction of 60% in central funding will leave many clubs scratching around for money in 2022.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Bailey Lui

Gone to Sheffield 

Wish him all the best for the future at his new club from his shirt sponsor The Dewsbury Faithful 

All those concussion's might have done more damage than we realise signing for Sheffield 🤔

I thought he looked a decent player. However never got to see that much of him.   Either not selected because the coach didn’t “fancy him” or was always injured which was not communicated to the fans.

My feeling is/was that he was decent and be will most likely come back to haunt us next year.

rambo.gif

11 hours ago, Rambo said:

I thought he looked a decent player. However never got to see that much of him.   Either not selected because the coach didn’t “fancy him” or was always injured which was not communicated to the fans.

My feeling is/was that he was decent and be will most likely come back to haunt us next year.

He was a decent player when he was fit. He missed quite a lot of games due to head injuries,which apparently he’s suffered throughout his career,probably explains his decision to sign for Sheffield😉

Archived