Wests Tigers - new logo etc

16 hours ago, Graham said:

NeZhuKE.jpg

😀

I always thought co-captains should have a limited capacity of two.

I think the same really for ‘next door but one’ maybe could in an emergency be stretched to next door but two but never next door but five or more.

Looks like real problems at the Tigers already given their lacklustre performance last week.

The coach can usually rely on the captain to lead by example, i.e. to give that little bit extra due the honour of being captain. I think this notion of giving it to five players is a ham-fisted way of trying to exhort more from those players, Maguire probably thinks at least I will have at least five blokes having a real go if I make them all captain. Clutching at straws if you ask me from a coach who can`t seem to inspire his group.

Crisis over, they looked the business against admittedly a Roosters side shorn of key players, today in the Trial game at Gosford promoting the ball well in conditions resembling a monsoon.

Equally Benji is back art the club in a no-playing role so I can resume my fandom of a player when he represented Wests and SGI was one of the few I would pay money to watch.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Titans logo is poor. For starters it's blue not gold. Being blue it is lost in the jersey. Fans want a big focus on gold, we are the GOLD Coast. We suffered a few jerseys that were dominated not just by blue but dark blue. Being on the border, we also suffer the QLD v NSW dynamic. We have both fanbases. But making it blue is the wrong way. It looks a lot better swapped out to gold colour. There needs to be a balance between light blue. gold and white.

Hopefully the club works that out and changes it. The Broncos did after bringing in a horrendous blue horse mascot in 2000. Now it is Maroon. They also tried to force blue into their club colours during that period.

It would be lovely if clubs wouldn't follow marketing trends so easily.

26.1.png

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

20 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

The new Titans logo is poor. For starters it's blue not gold. Being blue it is lost in the jersey. Fans want a big focus on gold, we are the GOLD Coast. We suffered a few jerseys that were dominated not just by blue but dark blue. Being on the border, we also suffer the QLD v NSW dynamic. We have both fanbases. But making it blue is the wrong way. It looks a lot better swapped out to gold colour. There needs to be a balance between light blue. gold and white.

Hopefully the club works that out and changes it. The Broncos did after bringing in a horrendous blue horse mascot in 2000. Now it is Maroon. They also tried to force blue into their club colours during that period.

It would be lovely if clubs wouldn't follow marketing trends so easily.

26.1.png

Im with you on that diehard. Cheap cash grab. How many times have teams like roosters and bunnies changed their logos and basic colours/shirt designs in over 100 years.

What needed changing was the outcome of games…they are well on the way to doing that so trying to cash in on improved results by these changes is crass.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Now getting trolled in commercials

I've said it before but this year it is really biting hard. When the old Magpies had no money - in calendar years starting with a 1 - we had a couple of old hands and a team full of teenagers got a chance to sell themselves to richer clubs by performing onfield. Not a great recipe for decades of glory but a realistic model for a club with no money. But now ...we're up against teams spending $10million/year on players and ... oh, hang on, we're also spending $10million/year on players. How? The simple average of 10mil divided by 30 players comes out to over $300K/year. How many of these players would get $300K at any other NRL club? Leilua probably, Kelma Tuilagi. But they're both going next year.

We've had Liddle on the books now since 2017 and he's played 4 or 5 games this year so he's probably due for his annual season-ending injury. I'm sure Maumalo only played on the weekend because Daine Laurie got Covid at the last minute. He could barely run and, if he wasn't injured, then that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a professional RL player. I don't know where James Roberts is and I don't care.

This week we only had 1 player in our NSW Cup team who's ever played NRL and I can't even remember who it was so he obviously made a huge impression. Basically, those losers who collected their cheques on the weekend at Cronulla are what we've got.

As a Wests fan I try to stay optimistic - I keep reminding myself that I'm 67 so I won't have to live too much longer.

Just finished watching a tape of the game and I am trying to recall a more woeful performance in the NRL. The Sharks were pretty poor in a lot of aspects so one wonders how it would have ended it they hadn't had the error rate they had. Not sure how Maguire still has a job because his team clearly aren't interested in playing for him.

Archived