Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - Morgan

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer, Thornton, Pye

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka, Ferry

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 26

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Has Ben Heaton been released/ gone elsewhere/retired? I know he had a spate of injuries but his gladly experience would come in handy. I remember seeing him at York in a playoff semi at the end of his first period with us- he destroyed them in the first half; they couldn’t handle him.

I looked back, and he signed a 2 year contract. So don't know what happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley, Copland

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - Morgan

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer, Thornton, Pye, Arnold

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka, Ferry

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 27

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm not that familiar with League One so going around the forum to some of the better clubs in the division and asking if you think Oldham is a good chance of going straight back up to the Championship? Appreciate your feedback.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

3 hours ago, RayCee said:

Hello. I'm not that familiar with League One so going around the forum to some of the better clubs in the division and asking if you think Oldham is a good chance of going straight back up to the Championship? Appreciate your feedback.

We had a cracking game against a young, enthusiastic Wakefield team in a friendly game. Then an absolute horror show against amateur side Lock Lane in the challenge Cup , who by the way played superb. It's pretty much a complete new side, they are physically capable. Against Lock Lane I sensed a communication issue, if that can be addressed we should do OK. Regarding going straight back to the Championship, the jury is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned. I hope they can. 

I very much hope so but o fear that we are too inexperienced overall. There were some excellent signs against Wakefield and as mentioned Lock Lane was a horror show that hopefully will fire us up for the season. So many new players that it might take time to gel. A couple of injuries on key positions, especially half and full back will hurt us. On paper we’ve made great strides from the horrible end to last season. It’s anyone’s guess really. One thing for certain, with Oldham it won’t be boring.

For me I believe that the best chance of promotion is via the play offs. The one thing that the loss to Lane showed was thar  the players were quite quick to start bickering between themselves to the ref which does not bode well.

Hopefully this can and will be addressed. Still think we are lacking genuine pase and creativity in the centres. We need a edge of your seat player. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived