Small time SL reaction to the prospect of having Toulouse in their league

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

An opinion you are entitled to. Others may consider it stupid.

That's one of the things that happen when you declare your hand on an Internet forum

On a forum, when it's me and you arguing, yes.

When you are a chairman of a SL club, it carries more weight and influences the direction of the game. So, yeah they too are entitled to a view on things but they are also more responsible.

On 13/10/2021 at 19:51, Fevrover said:

2 year limit ? They've had over 25 years!!!

And other clubs have had how long?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

38 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Yeh. Small town club in the north of England versus other small town club in the north of England is REALLY serving us well isn’t it 🙄 Change or die.

The unique team names and places are a positive in our game. Look how many watched Batley and Featherstone in Toulouse. The crowds were no less because the opposition weren't from cities.

It was the same in Toronto where the traditional smaller teams attracted big crowds.

In the championship we have more experience about playing teams from other countries and interaction with their fans. There was never any issues about size of towns etc. It wasn't a factor. 

3 hours ago, Niels said:

The unique team names and places are a positive in our game. Look how many watched Batley and Featherstone in Toulouse. The crowds were no less because the opposition weren't from cities.

It was the same in Toronto where the traditional smaller teams attracted big crowds.

In the championship we have more experience about playing teams from other countries and interaction with their fans. There was never any issues about size of towns etc. It wasn't a factor. 

Nope. Far from it.  Team names had nothing to do with it in Toronto. At all.  No one cared who they were playing, just that they were playing.  The game was selling it's self, not the fixture.

I would imagine that it's the same with Toulouse.  It's probably the game selling it's self. Not who's coming to town

11 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Nope. Far from it.  Team names had nothing to do with it in Toronto. At all.  No one cared who they were playing, just that they were playing.  The game was selling it's self, not the fixture.

I would imagine that it's the same with Toulouse.  It's probably the game selling it's self. Not who's coming to town

That was my point.

The traditional small town teams attracted no less a crowd than those from larger cities. 

Archived