Joe Mbu new Skolars coach

34 minutes ago, Quinskolar said:

London Skolars today announced former Skolar and Bronco player Joe Mbu as Head coach.  Joe was last coach at the Skolars in 2015

Just googled him, not a particularly inspiring appointment by them given his coaching history but I guess they’re short of money and he knows the club. Hope it works out for him. 

Good on him, not the most telented player at the Broncos, but always gave 100% effort. You do not have to be a great player to make a great coach and this is an opportunity for Joe to demonstrate what he can do with limited resources.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

42 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

What's he been doing since then?

Know he coached the Nigeria National team in the 2019 MEA championship, the comp wasnt held in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid but will be back in 2022 and he is still their coach I understand. Other than that, no idea.

With 50k less central funding, no/reduced travel expenses from rfl, Broncos p/t meaning the 2 london teams are competing more for same pool of players & taking their better players & if Broncos run reserves potentially more players leaving/increased difficulty recruiting players i really worry about Skolars future.

I just hope all the hard work put in by the board/sponsors/volunteers can keep the club going.

11 hours ago, dead man inc said:

With 50k less central funding, no/reduced travel expenses from rfl, Broncos p/t meaning the 2 london teams are competing more for same pool of players & taking their better players & if Broncos run reserves potentially more players leaving/increased difficulty recruiting players i really worry about Skolars future.

I just hope all the hard work put in by the board/sponsors/volunteers can keep the club going.

Yeah.

Right about now would be a good time to unveil the oft-discussed London RL strategy.

12 hours ago, dead man inc said:

50%? Cuts in central funding for League 1 clubs are over 80%. I worry about all the clubs in L1 that are facing that cut.

13 hours ago, dead man inc said:

A few seasons ago I felt we were on the verge of something. Investment was promised. Performances were pretty good and improving. Gates decent for L1 and lots of innovative ideas. Now? Sadly I struggle to see how we will be anything but struggling next season. I hope there’s a plan. I hope something is being worked out with Broncos that benefits both clubs. 

1 hour ago, PhilCarrington said:

50%? Cuts in central funding for League 1 clubs are over 80%. I worry about all the clubs in L1 that are facing that cut.

50k = £50,000. From what i have read (so no official confirmation) ball park figures seem to suggest central funding going down from around £65,000 to around £15,000

6 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

50k = £50,000. From what i have read (so no official confirmation) ball park figures seem to suggest central funding going down from around £65,000 to around £15,000

sorry misread your post, but there are also rumours of no travel grant, so the real drop is >£50k for many clubs.

1 hour ago, PhilCarrington said:

sorry misread your post, but there are also rumours of no travel grant, so the real drop is >£50k for many clubs.

We’re basically screwed whatever 😳😞😞

7 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Yeah.

Right about now would be a good time to unveil the oft-discussed London RL strategy.

Was there ever one? It was a massive blow when the development officers were cut.

Since then Broncos themselves seem to be hell bent on self implosion & alienating their own fans.

Coupled with fact Wigan are no longer supporting Skolars by bringing a team down for the capital challenge & add to that Keighley’s proposal at a recent RFL meeting to throw out Coventry, Skolars & West Wales!

Who needs enemies when you have friends like these😂

Archived