Change of ownership at York

5 hours ago, RP London said:

cards on the table.. I was at university with Jon and he is a good lad.. 

from my understanding of the situation and from memory of what was said when he became chairman he was not the money but the figure head/front of a group that was put together that did have cash. He has experience within the sport and within the sports admin so was a good person to put in charge rather than someone who did have money but no experience (something a few owners should probably have a look at!).

Campbell family , has Clint bought the job lot or are they still involved ?.

While I am here , maybe Clint is minted but not enough to buy into NRL , there are plenty of Country Oz sides probably in the same situation as York so why buy into an English side ?.

Off the top of my head the only RL Oz I can think of who has put down permanent roots over here is Tony Smith.

5 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Campbell family , has Clint bought the job lot or are they still involved ?.

While I am here , maybe Clint is minted but not enough to buy into NRL , there are plenty of Country Oz sides probably in the same situation as York so why buy into an English side ?.

Off the top of my head the only RL Oz I can think of who has put down permanent roots over here is Tony Smith.

You couldn't buy a team in Oz and take it to the NRL in the same way as with York to Super League now though.

Interview in today’s Press. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19856639.york-city-knights-owner-meet-rfl-academy-plans/

Appears he wants to do things properly and work on building an sustainable academy, not chuck a load of cash at players and use the club as a plaything. Pleased to hear he’s planning on doing that as there’s a lot of talented young players from York now playing in SL setups (about 16 or 17 players from the local amateur clubs I think), so hopefully soon they could have a proper pathway in their own city. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

32 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Interview in today’s Press. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19856639.york-city-knights-owner-meet-rfl-academy-plans/

Appears he wants to do things properly and work on building an sustainable academy, not chuck a load of cash at players and use the club as a plaything. Pleased to hear he’s planning on doing that as there’s a lot of talented young players from York now playing in SL setups (about 16 or 17 players from the local amateur clubs I think), so hopefully soon they could have a proper pathway in their own city. 

100% agree with this, I was talking to people yesterday and one guy was saying sign players now we don’t want to miss a year of super league. I had to tell him all the players have got clubs now you can’t just sign players to make a club a sustainable club.

Hopefully by getting a academy we can start producing our own players tap the local area get the kids wanting to play for York building from the bottom up will always make the club stronger for the future.

For me as a York fan I would like to see them Build and improve year on year if they get to super league(personally I prefer the champIonship) great but the main thing for me is to have a sustainable healthy club which will be here for many years to come.

We have all heard the promises that new owners make covering all sports but at the moment I can only take him on his word he’s saying the right things and making sense but time will tell.

I hear Clint is a lifelong Penrith Panthers maybe he could use his connections back in OZ to sign Nathan Cleary in 2023?? 😹

1 hour ago, Roger York said:

100% agree with this, I was talking to people yesterday and one guy was saying sign players now we don’t want to miss a year of super league. I had to tell him all the players have got clubs now you can’t just sign players to make a club a sustainable club.

Hopefully by getting a academy we can start producing our own players tap the local area get the kids wanting to play for York building from the bottom up will always make the club stronger for the future.

For me as a York fan I would like to see them Build and improve year on year if they get to super league(personally I prefer the champIonship) great but the main thing for me is to have a sustainable healthy club which will be here for many years to come.

We have all heard the promises that new owners make covering all sports but at the moment I can only take him on his word he’s saying the right things and making sense but time will tell.

I hear Clint is a lifelong Penrith Panthers maybe he could use his connections back in OZ to sign Nathan Cleary in 2023?? 😹

Just watched a Q and A video of him, he's going to do everything right it's a long term job.

Video interview on Twitter:

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

12 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

With an established stadium, fanbase, coach and affluent catchment area. Best club to grab atm. 

They are certainly an attractive prospect in many ways. 

I still think it will need investment to realise that though.

8 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

They need a playoff budget. Even with reduced central funding, they should be able to average 2,000 fans a game and bring in the hospitality income that makes them attractive to commercial sponsors to break even. Another year in Champ and they are likely to be a destination club for the best part time players .Unless you had a bucketload of cash to sort out London, York are the best placed.

Hospitality is vital in any sports club be it amateur, Semi and Pro but most sporting clubs outside the big Soccer clubs haven't a clue but it can be done.

16 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Some clubs are in better positions than others in terms of their catchment. I wouldn´t criticise say Dewsbury for not exploiting it but York is a thriving city and has the potential to capture some of that event market. 

We already do.

Archived