Jump to content

Pre-Season Warm Up. Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield. Sunday 23rd January 2022.


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Righto! Since you ask......

All the summer era (post 1996) friendlies between Rovers & Wakefield:

23 January 2022   Featherstone       Wakefield        
22 January 2017   Featherstone   28   Wakefield   20   W
10 January 2016   Featherstone   18   Wakefield   22   L
11 January 2015   Wakefield   34   Featherstone   20   L
12 January 2014   Featherstone   24   Wakefield   8   W
13 January 2013   Wakefield   38   Featherstone   10   L
27 January 2008   Featherstone   28   Wakefield   38   L
4 February 2007   Featherstone   26   Wakefield   42   L
5 February 2006   Featherstone   26   Wakefield   48   L
23 January 2005   Featherstone   10   Wakefield   36   L
28 December 2003   Featherstone   14   Wakefield   34   L
29 December 2002   Featherstone   0   Wakefield   18   L
26 December 1997   Featherstone   18   Wakefield   12   W
                     
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       
                       

 

23 January 2022 Featherstone 22 Wakefield  18

Link to comment
Share on other sites


42 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Hope Koppy's knee isn't too bad, other than that very pleased with todays game.

Agree bbm,. How about voting we have had a good start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Hope Koppy's knee isn't too bad, other than that very pleased with todays game.

Yep that about sums up my feelings. He's one of our most important players in my view.

Thought the effort was great today, can't read too much into it as it's only a pre-season game but Wakey were pretty dire and I thought we were the better team over the 80 minutes.

The pack has started the season very well and Hardcastle has firmly staked his claim to keep his place - that was Wakefield's starting prop Arona that he bundled over for his try and he brushed through another of their props for that big midfield run in the second half.

One thing I will say is that we lacked a cutting edge in good ball, we had loads of possession inside their 20m and didn't fully exploit it and we have lacked incisive play at half back in the two pre-season games so far (acknowledging Smith's fine solo try today). It looks like we're going to have to live with that until Chisholm returns though and hopefully the direct running of our forwards and our strike players in the backs will be enough.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Righto! Since you ask......

All the summer era (post 1996) friendlies between Rovers & Wakefield:

23 January 2022   Featherstone       Wakefield        
22 January 2017   Featherstone   28   Wakefield   20   W
10 January 2016   Featherstone   18   Wakefield   22   L
11 January 2015   Wakefield   34   Featherstone   20   L
12 January 2014   Featherstone   24   Wakefield   8   W
13 January 2013   Wakefield   38   Featherstone   10   L
27 January 2008   Featherstone   28   Wakefield   38   L
4 February 2007   Featherstone   26   Wakefield   42   L
5 February 2006   Featherstone   26   Wakefield   48   L
23 January 2005   Featherstone   10   Wakefield   36   L
28 December 2003   Featherstone   14   Wakefield   34   L
29 December 2002   Featherstone   0   Wakefield   18   L
26 December 1997   Featherstone   18   Wakefield   12   W
 

Touché sir 😆😆

Fond memories of some of those previous games; the good old days before the world lost it's collective mind over a nasty new flu-like virus 🥱🥱

Good win and performance today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Touché sir 😆😆

Fond memories of some of those previous games; the good old days before the world lost it's collective mind over a nasty new flu-like virus 🥱🥱

Good win and performance today.

Yes, I've been impressed by our team in both warm up games. 

Now for the real stuff and a C19-free season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mentioned this last week but perhaps the most interesting revelation from pre-season is that Ferres, who played left-side back row all last year (and indeed for almost all his career), has been replaced in that position by Junior Moors, and when Ferres has come on he's played in the middle and not back row. Having Moors on one side and Jesse on the other is going to cause a lot of problems at this level.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

 

One thing I will say is that we lacked a cutting edge in good ball, we had loads of possession inside their 20m and didn't fully exploit it and we have lacked incisive play at half back in the two pre-season games so far (acknowledging Smith's fine solo try today). It looks like we're going to have to live with that until Chisholm returns though and hopefully the direct running of our forwards and our strike players in the backs will be enough.

That's true PH but it's a new partnership and tom's' not like chizzy he wont sit players on their bums  and run 70 yards and score his game is all about his kicking and cut out passes to cause problems but with whinos and wakey good defensive lines don't think he had much of an option and morgan whino's and wakey first two games he's played in a long time so he needs to re-learn what he's good at and get up to speed but the try he scored showed there's a player in there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Mentioned this last week but perhaps the most interesting revelation from pre-season is that Ferres, who played left-side back row all last year (and indeed for almost all his career), has been replaced in that position by Junior Moors, and when Ferres has come on he's played in the middle and not back row.

Actually I got that wrong about Ferres as he replaced JSL on the right edge yesterday, but it's still looking like he's behind him and Moors in the pecking order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Congratulations, sounds like a good win over a near full-strength Wakefield.

Cheers it was a good  game for a friendly and decent crowd with Wakefield bringing plenty of supporters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Ball boy, but note Halton's comment re the 1895 final. 

Depends on the current return to play protocol 

THAT's all true LTS but the rules have changed no longer 10 days  you can leave isolation after 2 negative tests on consecutive days  so  if he was at the game sunday must mean he passed that criteria and was out of isolation

if the RFL are still implementing their ridiculous  the seven-day graduated return to play that will end next sunday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...