Stadium updates .......

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

I've never been on the reds website, I was quoting bits from the new stadium website so no I didn't expect it would be written from a reds perspective. Does that explain why I thought it would anything else?

Which bits are written from a reds perspective? 

If thus is about the FAQ section then it's answering questions, or do you think it's all curated content?

If you do then why do you think they would do it?

Edited by dkw

58 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Its more confusing if both clubs are sharing but reds getting more share and votes.

Sad if true.

The only reason Reds may be the senior partner is if the stadium was dependent on soccer grants.

Town have always and still are the biggest club in Workington, with more support and better maintained facilities so without any football grants that may say Reds need to be senior it should always be a 50/50 split and a club shop split between the 2 clubs - with felt hats for Davy of course.

However we should wait for the facts but I'm terrified that it may just be a small low level new stand for BP that doesn't consider RL. Even if they just had a terrace at the base of the new stand (like DP has now) it would make it better for watching RL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

Just the way the questions are weighted to the reds. I think town fans will have many questions and hopefully they get addressed in due course. 

someone from the uppies and downies page had submitted a question yesterday via some link on the site and has had a response back already and posted it on the uppies and downies page for all to see. so any questions folk, get them in.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/422612464580326/permalink/2391669644341255/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

Edited by rockerlad

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

I've been to BP and as I said - If anyone has spent 20k on BP you've been robbed - its a disgrace and a terrible place to watch Rugby.

DP can be cold with open ends and used to be a bit distant with the speedway track [now gone] so ok now , but it is a great place to watch Rugby.

And a 100% tidier and maintained.

When was the last time you step foot in BP, I think you are being a bit disrespectful to the volunteers who are down most days doing odd jobs, by the way the electrical system in the ground was replaced a few summers ago and cost well over 20k, you won't see that tho as electrics are hidden away from view, new industrial boilers installed due to old ones failing, steel work replaced in varius parts of the popular side. it's certainly not an untidy ground. very very outdated and old yes but not untidy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Which bits are written from a reds perspective? 

If thus is about the FAQ section then it's answering questions, or do you think it's all curated content?

If you do then why do you think they would do it?

Whats with all the questions like? 🤣 My quoted points were backing up something that DTTRR said about some of the content being from a reds perspective,  I look forward to your disection given the blunt questioning.

Right here goes.

I've already quoted two examples earlier in the thread. I was completely unaware it was also on the reds site and if its been directly replicated from there, this would explain it as it will have been written by someone from the reds side of the Tesco road. But I stand by my view regardless. 

I have no idea if it's all curated, but I'd guess at least some of it is.

My guess if they have done this is because they have tried to pre-empt possible questions that fans may have.

I hope I haven't disappointed with my answers.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

5 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Sad if true.

The only reason Reds may be the senior partner is if the stadium was dependent on soccer grants.

Town have always and still are the biggest club in Workington, with more support and better maintained facilities so without any football grants that may say Reds need to be senior it should always be a 50/50 split and a club shop split between the 2 clubs - with felt hats for Davy of course.

However we should wait for the facts but I'm terrified that it may just be a small low level new stand for BP that doesn't consider RL. Even if they just had a terrace at the base of the new stand (like DP has now) it would make it better for watching RL.

Hopefully, it'll be at least a thousand-seat stand with no less than four rows of terracing.

55 minutes ago, Jacksonville said:

Hopefully, it'll be at least a thousand-seat stand with no less than four rows of terracing.

Well that will be town future trashed - but at least Reds will be happy

If that's the case - i hope it all goes Pear shaped as we are better of as we are.

Edited by Derwent Parker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was never an easy relationship back in the 50's when Red's and Town last shared. I support both teams and hope it will be better this time. I personally think that both ardent town and reds should remove their blinkers and face up to reality for the sake of both teams. BP and DP are no longer fit for purpose.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Sad if true.

You're living in dreamland and the past. Reds are a proper community club with 100's of players, boys teams, ladies team, girls teams and now a disability team. What have Town got? You haven't got better maintained facilities and Reds can access grants - Seriously, what do Town bring to the table?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Arran Graham said:

You're living in dreamland and the past. Reds are a proper community club with 100's of players, boys teams, ladies team, girls teams and now a disability team. What have Town got? You haven't got better maintained facilities and Reds can access grants - Seriously, what do Town bring to the table?

You do know this a RL forum don't you?🤣🤣

Sad to see fans of both sides having a go at each other, it isn't gonna help one little bit. I'm sure the majority on here want both teams to do well. I spat the dummy out with the Reds over their refusal to leave BP when the Tesco site sports village was in the offing, I vowed never to darken the doors of BP again. My vow and ìannoyance didn't last long, they are my hometown club who I've watched since I was 7yrs old. There has always been a bit of animosity towards the Town from the Reds side which I could never get to grips with. I was hoping the joint stadium would bring both sets of fans together, I hope this bickering doesn't escalate into something bigger, it would be detrimental to both clubs. If ever there was a time to show some unity  it's now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arran Graham said:

Well we are starting to see true facts now - as a lot has been said all of this is for Reds benefit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, town blue said:

It was never an easy relationship back in the 50's when Red's and Town last shared. I support both teams and hope it will be better this time. I personally think that both ardent town and reds should remove their blinkers and face up to reality for the sake of both teams. BP and DP are no longer fit for purpose.

I read it somewhere that it was the reason Town left and built DP as the managers and directors could not agree [risman/shankley]

15 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Well that will be town future trashed - but at least Reds will be happy

If that's the case - i hope it all goes Pear shaped as we are better of as we are.

how many times do the town directors need to come out and tell you that they need a new stadium for the future of the club?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, town blue said:

correct

8 minutes ago, Jacksonville said:

Whitehaven have 500.

Think we currently have 1100 or so - about the same would be ok - elevated above a terrace as DP is now if possible - but think they can only afford a soccer type 6 rows at grass level unfortunately.

I'd we end up with anything like Whitehavens main stand we may as well not bother - its horrendous to watch RL from.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Think we currently have 1100 or so - about the same would be ok - elevated above a terrace as DP is now if possible - but think they can only afford a soccer type 6 rows at grass level unfortunately.

I'd we end up with anything like Whitehavens main stand we may as well not bother - its horrendous to watch RL from.

That is what i have been saying - A new stadium should be better than what we have not worse

• Thanks 1

I think there is about 750 seats in bp now, i think national league level (North and South) requires 1000. IF we go up this season we are only 1 promotion away from being back in the national league so a new stand with 1000 seats would be required.

3 hours ago, rockerlad said:

I think there is about 750 seats in bp now, i think national league level (North and South) requires 1000. IF we go up this season we are only 1 promotion away from being back in the national league so a new stand with 1000 seats would be required.

500 seats gets you into the Football League.

3 hours ago, rockerlad said:

There you are just thinking about reds again.

Current SL requirements are 5000 capacity and 2000 seats, in March they will/may lift that to separate the "A" cat teams [saints/Wigan/Leeds etc] from the "B" cat teams will will probably mean we will have to stay as a "C" team forever because the current requirements will be standard  for "B"

Who "hopefully" will want to invest in a Town team where a tiny [but partially new] ground only suitable for soccer may stop future prospects and promotion.

Now I know you only car about reds but what about the rest of us.

It also should not go ahead unless its 50/50 shares and votes

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I agree about a terrace in front. Why is Whitehaven's horrendous to watch from?

21 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

There you are just thinking about reds again.

Current SL requirements are 5000 capacity and 2000 seats, in March they will/may lift that to separate the "A" cat teams [saints/Wigan/Leeds etc] from the "B" cat teams will will probably mean we will have to stay as a "C" team forever because the current requirements will be standard  for "B"

Who "hopefully" will want to invest in a Town team where a tiny [but partially new] ground only suitable for soccer may stop future prospects and promotion.

Now I know you only car about reds but what about the rest of us.

It also should not go ahead unless its 50/50 shares and votes

Why are mentioning Super League? What about the Championship?

• Haha 1