Jump to content

Wilkes


homeandawayer
 Share

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Apparently Ollie was on ITV News last night. Anybody see it?

Yeah he was admitting to having taken performance enhancing drugs and that it's happened with plenty of players,there's a thread on the main forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

personally im pleased that ex players are speaking out it flushes out the issue no doubt some will see it as a betrayal but what chance do our young developing players have if thats what they are up against - a decision that may just end their career

Anyone who kids themselves that any sport is a clean sport is kidding themselves - people are always looking for the quick fix how to get fitter faster stronger quicker, how to gain the competitive edge quicker

Take the russian olympian heart tablets ????? there is  always a loop hole and people are good at finding them 

Then there is  recreational stuff which i actually abhor it destroys lives while the kingpin sits at the top of the food chain creaming in the benefits

I find it hard to believe  clubs and the rfl are doing all they can 

coaches tipping players off yes it does happen !!!

Im also not sure what the answer is but i do think that more can be done - if clubs truly believe in clean sport why are they not random testing no different to most good employers ?

 

Welcome the thoughts on a good topic - perhaps here in sunny wukinton we have a collective answer

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donald said:

Must have been when he was playing for haven as he said he got a dream move to Wigan a few weeks after taking it

There is no shame on whitehaven Donald, If wilksie was taking banned substances to help is performance on the field he knew what the consequences would be for him and his family. I am a Town fan but haven should not shoulder any blame for the player has it is his choice to take them not havens.I love rugby league and in Cumbria and support all 3 clubs to do well to keep Cumbria on the rugby league map,I applauded the players for coming out and trying to empathise to the young players coming through that you do not need to go down that road,I have had the pleasure of seeing both players at Workington and especially Ollie who was on our training side.I hope all the young players see them both interviews and hopefully it will sink in with them not to go down the root they have taken.. UTT🏉🏉🏉

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

No but have heard about it , is Olly still at Town ?

Have not seen him on any media for ages, wondered but this is obviously why, did a decent job for us, hope it all works out for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

There is no shame on whitehaven Donald, If wilksie was taking banned substances to help is performance on the field he knew what the consequences would be for him and his family. I am a Town fan but haven should not shoulder any blame for the player has it is his choice to take them not havens.I love rugby league and in Cumbria and support all 3 clubs to do well to keep Cumbria on the rugby league map,I applauded the players for coming out and trying to empathise to the young players coming through that you do not need to go down that road,I have had the pleasure of seeing both players at Workington and especially Ollie who was on our training side.I hope all the young players see them both interviews and hopefully it will sink in with them not to go down the root they have taken.. UTT🏉🏉🏉

 

Olly came from Leigh to Haven, and play only 6 games and transferred to Wigan and moved on to other clubs, he completed his playing career with Town. 

Of all the clubs he was at Haven will not be the only club his use of performance enhancers were used.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unfortunately we live in an era where drugs are very easy to get hold of and cheap in any sport 

its a real worry as a parent with either performance enhancing or recreational it petrifies me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, miaow said:

personally im pleased that ex players are speaking out it flushes out the issue no doubt some will see it as a betrayal but what chance do our young developing players have if thats what they are up against - a decision that may just end their career

Anyone who kids themselves that any sport is a clean sport is kidding themselves - people are always looking for the quick fix how to get fitter faster stronger quicker, how to gain the competitive edge quicker

Take the russian olympian heart tablets ????? there is  always a loop hole and people are good at finding them 

Then there is  recreational stuff which i actually abhor it destroys lives while the kingpin sits at the top of the food chain creaming in the benefits

I find it hard to believe  clubs and the rfl are doing all they can 

coaches tipping players off yes it does happen !!!

Im also not sure what the answer is but i do think that more can be done - if clubs truly believe in clean sport why are they not random testing no different to most good employers ?

 

Welcome the thoughts on a good topic - perhaps here in sunny wukinton we have a collective answer

 

 

 

 

 

 

I agree with everything you have written I thought last night Ollie Wilkes and Jamie Acton were very honest and showed loads of guts to tell it how it is. Clubs and players from professional clubs and Amateur clubs  know it happens in the past plenty of players have been banned. We need to catch the ones who sell these harmful products to the players I say grass them up and get them penalised in what ever way. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pgilmour said:

I agree with everything you have written I thought last night Ollie Wilkes and Jamie Acton were very honest and showed loads of guts to tell it how it is. Clubs and players from professional clubs and Amateur clubs  know it happens in the past plenty of players have been banned. We need to catch the ones who sell these harmful products to the players I say grass them up and get them penalised in what ever way. 

The players know what they are doing tho Gilly no one is forcing the players to take such substances I would say it's their choice, it's educating them about the dangers and problems this can lead to that needs addressed ,yes find the pushers and throw the book at them but it's also a social issue with social media being a big factor, by that I mean everyone seems to be looking for the perfect body, just my thoughts marra.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...