Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

The weird thing is that, beyond the stuff about it being easier to get to Papua New Guinea and 'I'm not going on a train, I saw a steam one in Wigan in 1962 and it looked scary' type stuff, you've actually got a point. Someone taking 30 or 50 people in a coach to a match is doing the game a good service and the RFL should be ready and able to help you. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The weird thing is that, beyond the stuff about it being easier to get to Papua New Guinea and 'I'm not going on a train, I saw a steam one in Wigan in 1962 and it looked scary' type stuff, you've actually got a point. Someone taking 30 or 50 people in a coach to a match is doing the game a good service and the RFL should be ready and able to help you. 

As I said times that 50 by 10 , so coaches get booked then it's a case of 3 days before an email landing stating " your coaches will have to drop off and pick up at ' such and such ' car park near **** tube station " , seriously ? 

As I said , I've had history of stuff like this , stuff getting ' sorted ' on the day 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As I said times that 50 by 10 , so coaches get booked then it's a case of 3 days before an email landing stating " your coaches will have to drop off and pick up at ' such and such ' car park near **** tube station " , seriously ? 

As I said , I've had history of stuff like this , stuff getting ' sorted ' on the day 

Yes seriously! It is a global capital city, there are not ####ing acres of wasteland you can park your coach on like Leigh! But if there is parking near a tube station a few stops out you will be spending a lot less time stuck in traffic.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Yes seriously! It is a global capital city, there are not ####ing acres of wasteland you can park your coach on like Leigh! But if there is parking near a tube station a few stops out you will be spending a lot less time stuck in traffic.

How many weeks before a major event like the CC Final do you think the RFL and the venue club should have details available about parking for coach travel ? 

Simple question 

There isn't ' acres of wasteland ' in Leigh , but the stadium has parking for coaches , I'm sure when we get the CC Final details will be available earlier than 3 weeks before 

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Stuck in traffic at 10 am Saturday morning ? 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Stuck in traffic at 10 am Saturday morning ? 

I was thinking more the way back, but stranger things have happened.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I was thinking more the way back, but stranger things have happened.

Not when you start getting calls from somebody who's took a wrong turn on the tube , do you have kids browny ? , Maybe teenagers , how would you prefer they went to an event like this on their own/with mates ? , How about a grandad , or indeed our very own Dora , who's 94 and goes home and away every game ? 

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Good contribution , nearly as informative as the RFLs , do you work there ?

People can use public transport. Indeed far more do use it in some part for their journey Challenge Cup final and any other event in London. Its really not that controversial.

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not when you start getting calls from somebody who's took a wrong turn on the tube , do you have kids browny ? , Maybe teenagers , how would you prefer they went to an event like this on their own/with mates ? , How about a grandad , or indeed our very own Dora , who's 94 and goes home and away every game ? 

I really think you are overestimating how daunting the tube is.  My 8 year old daughter's class went on a school trip via the tube 2 years ago.  Honestly, plenty of people travel on the tube every day without going missing.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

How do you take a wrong turn on the tube ?

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I really think you are overestimating how daunting the tube is.  My 8 year old daughter's class went on a school trip via the tube 2 years ago.  Honestly, plenty of people travel on the tube every day without going missing.

Aged 14/15 (9 years ago), me and 12 other year 10s got the coach to Victoria, tube to Piccadilly, then tube to Hounslow East, then bus to Twickenham, and back again to Wakefield.

We all lived to tell the tale.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Was it leaving a stadium with 60,000 others ? 

Yes and 99.9 % of those every day know exactly where they are going 

Not really the point , I asked you , how many weeks before a major event like the CC should details be available ? , Is 3 weeks genuinely enough ? , Answer that honestly , I have a feeling that the parking will be very limited , and it'll be interesting how they'll allocate it , this isn't just about me , I've traveled from the other side of the world alone as a teenager 40 odd years ago , pre internet , mobile phones , even credit cards , it's about fans who want to safely and securely travel to a game , generally travelling by coach is how that is achieved , we want as many as possible at the final don't we ? 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes he majors on the archive's in the vault, what else do you expect a History major to do?

He's not worth a reply really Harry , just a thinks he's too smart kid 

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

People can use public transport. Indeed far more do use it in some part for their journey Challenge Cup final and any other event in London. Its really not that controversial.

Have you been reading Tommy, the infrastructure around WHL in no way resembles what Wembley has to offer in the case of vast numbers of fans who travel a long way, it may surprise you but most people who go to games at WHL will be local to London.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really the point , I asked you , how many weeks before a major event like the CC should details be available ? , Is 3 weeks genuinely enough ? , Answer that honestly , I have a feeling that the parking will be very limited , and it'll be interesting how they'll allocate it , this isn't just about me , I've traveled from the other side of the world alone as a teenager 40 odd years ago , pre internet , mobile phones , even credit cards , it's about fans who want to safely and securely travel to a game , generally travelling by coach is how that is achieved , we want as many as possible at the final don't we ? 

How many supporters coaches usually go to the Challenge Cup Final Gubrats?

Not being obtuse I genuinely would like to know what you think. In my head its max 200 from what I've seen and according to the web the capacity of Wembley coach park is 290.

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I've been asked that many personal questions on this thread I'm wondering if I am having my identity nicked.

You really aren't making a great case for the resourcefulness of the Leigh population. Of course there should be provision for Dora, in fact I think I said the RFL should be helping with solutions.

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I think you are making some very valid points about how unresponsive and unhelpful people are being when they should be making it as easy as possible for people to arrange travel.

But I also think you are conflating these concerns with some silly one's to try and emphasise the issue.  You don't need to do that, you have a good point already. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

😆 Yes, famously no tourists in London.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you been reading Tommy, the infrastructure around WHL in no way resembles what Wembley has to offer in the case of vast numbers of fans who travel a long way, it may surprise you but most people who go to games at WHL will be local to London.

Its a good job I have a further experience for the similarly public transport supported Twickenham too then.

Of those "local to London", how many do you think are in walking distance from WHL? And that of course ignores the thousands of fans who travel into the Capital each weekend to watch the biggest Premier League teams.

Just now, Just Browny said:

😆 Yes, famously no tourists in London.

Do you have figures for the number of ' tourists ' who get lost on the tube every day ? , Are these lost tourists on a time sensitive journey ? , That if they don't get to their destination within that time , their onward mode of transport will have left ? , And if that happens , will they be ringing your mobile phone ? 😉

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

How many supporters coaches usually go to the Challenge Cup Final Gubrats?

Not being obtuse I genuinely would like to know what you think. In my head its max 200 from what I've seen and according to the web the capacity of Wembley coach park is 290.

Wembley ?

The game is at White Hart Lane 

Archived