Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a couple of times to the new stadium and countless times to the old one:

Private car - don't even try it, there's nowhere remotely walkable that's not in the matchday parking zone. Also, unlike Wembley, where you can park at Stanmore or the outer stops on the Met line and tube the final bit, there aren't as good options for Spurs. Maybe Cheshunt/Broxbourne just off the M25 could work, but the trains aren't as frequent as tube. 

Public transport - You can get from Euston/Kings Cross to Seven Sisters in 10 minutes on the Vic line. On Spurs matchdays its quite hard to transfer onto the train at 7Sis for the last two stops to WHL, as the trains are already pretty full from when they start at Liverpool Street. But I don't think that will be the same for CCF as almost everyone will come from Euston/Kings Cross. There's also loads of buses from Seven Sisters to stadium, or a 25 minute walk. We walked back to 7Sis afterwards as it was just simpler and quicker. Use any contactless card to pay for tube/train/bus within London, it's about £5 each way from Euston to WHL, just remember to 'tap out' of trains and tube stations. 

Basically, the stadium itself is truly a wonder to behold, but the transport logistics aren't great for events that aren't the usual Spurs travel flows. 

So, if like Gubrats you can arrange for a coach to go direct from the North and drop you close to the stadium, I'd actually recommend that. 

3 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I've been a couple of times to the new stadium and countless times to the old one:

Private car - don't even try it, there's nowhere remotely walkable that's not in the matchday parking zone. Also, unlike Wembley, where you can park at Stanmore or the outer stops on the Met line and tube the final bit, there aren't as good options for Spurs. Maybe Cheshunt/Broxbourne just off the M25 could work, but the trains aren't as frequent as tube. 

Public transport - You can get from Euston/Kings Cross to Seven Sisters in 10 minutes on the Vic line. On Spurs matchdays its quite hard to transfer onto the train at 7Sis for the last two stops to WHL, as the trains are already pretty full from when they start at Liverpool Street. But I don't think that will be the same for CCF as almost everyone will come from Euston/Kings Cross. There's also loads of buses from Seven Sisters to stadium, or a 25 minute walk. We walked back to 7Sis afterwards as it was just simpler and quicker. Use any contactless card to pay for tube/train/bus within London, it's about £5 each way from Euston to WHL, just remember to 'tap out' of trains and tube stations. 

Basically, the stadium itself is truly a wonder to behold, but the transport logistics aren't great for events that aren't the usual Spurs travel flows. 

So, if like Gubrats you can arrange for a coach to go direct from the North and drop you close to the stadium, I'd actually recommend that. 

Thanks for that , essentially your reply was what I was asking for , looking last night it looks like the coach parking might be at industrial estates , which might provide more than I thought initially , I spoke to the RFL about it yesterday , they said they'd get back with more info , as I said time is an issue due to holidays , so arrangements have to be made before we play the semi , hope that isn't the kiss of death ? 🙄

35 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Cheshunt is ok if you want to do the park + train option. Plenty of parking there, easy access to M25, and the train is reasonably quick.

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

So that's it for me, either the coach or nothing it was far easier and much less hassle getting to PNG for the Lions test in '19. 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So that's it for me, either the coach or nothing it was far easier and much less hassle getting to PNG for the Lions test in '19. 

I'm going by car to Waltham Abbey for the weekend.

From Waltham Cross /or  with a big NCP  ( less than a fiver for the day ) Theobalds Grove by London Overground takes 23 minutes or so to White Hart Lane at just £8.00 return.........

Cheshunt a good call from Toby. Train times are reasonable - checked the timetables and  they are every half hour

Been there for NFL and it’s not easy compared to say Wembley.

It’s overground or bus NOT tube if you go under your own means and pretty much everyone ends up arriving and leaving from the same station. I guess when Spurs play there are more locals so it is not as bad. 

• GUBRATS changed the title to Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

So after a week of being passed from pillar to post , I've finally got a part of an answer 

No coach parking at WHL can be arranged until the 4 finalists are sorted 

So if anybody , let's say an amateur club wanted to take a coach load of juniors to the CC final as neutrals , they can't arrange that until less than 3 weeks before the final 

Unbelievable 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So after a week of being passed from pillar to post , I've finally got a part of an answer 

No coach parking at WHL can be arranged until the 4 finalists are sorted 

So if anybody , let's say an amateur club wanted to take a coach load of juniors to the CC final as neutrals , they can't arrange that until less than 3 weeks before the final 

Unbelievable 

This isn’t great but hopefully shouldn’t stop anyone organising a coach as something will be place on the day.

Have you tried speaking to the council’s events team - they should be able to help with parking options within the borough? https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/organising-events

On 31/03/2022 at 10:14, Harry Stottle said:

Pretty wild hyperbole. It'll be fine for folk used to using trains. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

46 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

This isn’t great but hopefully shouldn’t stop anyone organising a coach as something will be place on the day.

Have you tried speaking to the council’s events team - they should be able to help with parking options within the borough? https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/organising-events

Why should this be up to individuals to do, it is quite obvious that WHL is not equipped to take so many fans that have to travel by various modes of transport, it's good that the Challenge Cup is returning to Wembley in '23 a venue with adequate facilities and infrastructures.

36 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I think we can all agree that using the Victoria Line for a few stops is far harder than flying to Papua New Guinea.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 29/03/2022 at 18:58, Eddie said:

Are you getting ready for the 1895 cup final?

I haven’t been yet, looking forward to seeing Saints there in May. 

Spurs already played Southampton at home.

1 hour ago, theswanmcr said:

Spurs will open for coach parking booking on the Monday after the semi's , with priority to the 4 clubs apparently , be a mad Scramble I'm guessing 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

How will you be getting there?

On a train.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off course it is, you get on a plane and then get off again, even for you that should not be to hard to understand.

You boarded at Leigh airport and landed at the ground?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off course it is, you get on a plane and then get off again, even for you that should not be to hard to understand.

I imagine the direct Leigh to Port Moresby jet came in handy.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I'll be on a coach , providing there is something in place for me to get off and on it at WHL , otherwise not be going ( if of course Leyth make it ) 

Archived