Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Scubby said:

7 pages of rambling posts about a final his team hasn't made yet 😄 

What if Sheffield fans can't get their coach parked because you've nicked their space?

Been there , done that at Headingley , can't wait for the ' Bash ' 

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The ones going on holiday or ones that can wait until after the semi final?

No just the ones going to the game, can't you answer a simple question?

And it doesn't have to be neutral fans, how will the supposedly inadequate number of coach parking places be allocated, will it be 'official' club trips only? All 8 semi-finalists have community and junior teams in their towns, if their team gets to the final it is odds on that some will organise their own trips down to WHL, it is easy enough to point out to a coachload of people especially kids where the coach is parked if it is on the grounds, but still daunting if they are late back, can you imagine if some get seperated from the party and it is a bus/tube or whatever means to get to the coach for the return rendezvous point when thre will be umpteen thousands of others doing the same at the same time, as I said before I wouldn't want the responsibility of organising such a trip.

Secondly, are you game enough to bet on either Sheffield or 'Haven coming away from the LSV with a win?

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The ones going on holiday or ones that can wait until after the semi final?

The ones who want to organise a coach load of fans to the CC Final now ######

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No just the ones going to the game, can't you answer a simple question?

And it doesn't have to be neutral fans, how will the supposedly inadequate number of coach parking places be allocated, will it be 'official' club trips only? All 8 semi-finalists have community and junior teams in their towns, if their team gets to the final it is odds on that some will organise their own trips down to WHL, it is easy enough to point out to a coachload of people especially kids where the coach is parked if it is on the grounds, but still daunting if they are late back, can you imagine if some get seperated from the party and it is a bus/tube or whatever means to get to the coach for the return rendezvous point when thre will be umpteen thousands of others doing the same at the same time, as I said before I wouldn't want the responsibility of organising such a trip.

Secondly, are you game enough to bet on either Sheffield or 'Haven coming away from the LSV with a win?

Let's not bother with a semi final then? Sums up the 1895 Cup completely

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Let's not bother with a semi final then? Sums up the 1895 Cup completely

What's up , the question too hard for you ?

It's not just about us ( Leigh ) , it's the way the information seems to be a secret , this will impact all 4 clubs on the day , and most likely any neutrals , it's 6 weeks off , don't you think everybody should be aware of any the problems by now ? , They only booked the stadium 7 months ago 

So enter the debate like a grown up , or just carry on with childish point scoring , then everybody can make up their opinion of yourself 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What's up , the question too hard for you ?

It's not just about us ( Leigh ) , it's the way the information seems to be a secret , this will impact all 4 clubs on the day , and most likely any neutrals , it's 6 weeks off , don't you think everybody should be aware of any the problems by now ? , They only booked the stadium 7 months ago 

So enter the debate like a grown up , or just carry on with childish point scoring , then everybody can make up their opinion of yourself 

It's a one off. Tottenham have never staged a cup final before when the clubs aren't known, never mind a finals day where 13 clubs are still in contention.

I am poking fun a little (and you are biting) but if fans from Hull, Featherstone, St Helens, Wigan, Wakefield, Leigh, Hull KR, Barrow were all doing the same thing - what do you expect the stadium and RFL to do? None of these clubs are actually at the event yet - do Leigh get preference because Sheffield are so-called easy-beats?

Wembley was unavailable this year because the final was moved to May. In 2023 and beyond it will be back at Wembley. Tottenham are a company that turns over hundreds of millions - they really don't give a ####

29 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's a one off. Tottenham have never staged a cup final before when the clubs aren't known, never mind a finals day where 13 clubs are still in contention.

I am poking fun a little (and you are biting) but if fans from Hull, Featherstone, St Helens, Wigan, Wakefield, Leigh, Hull KR, Barrow were all doing the same thing - what do you expect the stadium and RFL to do? None of these clubs are actually at the event yet - do Leigh get preference because Sheffield are so-called easy-beats?

Wembley was unavailable this year because the final was moved to May. In 2023 and beyond it will be back at Wembley. Tottenham are a company that turns over hundreds of millions - they really don't give a ####

So have Sheffield  already beat Whitehaven then, do keep up.

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Accepted , do you think the information should be available by now ? 

Or are they waiting to see who gets there before deciding ? , Essentially not treating everybody equally ? , Is that fair ? 

And I don't expect the 1895 finalists to get the same as the CC finalists , but I would expect something to be allocated to all 4 , I wouldn't be happy for ' somebody ' to tell Spurs to prioritise any particular club/s , before helping out anybody else , just my suspicious mind 

The problem is the early kick off. The authorities probably haven't even communicated it to Spurs yet. We are talking about the RFL here.

30 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Lara Beach Turkey 

I've not been around Antalya but it looks nice.

I hope it works out with NWHL and the coaches because it'd be nice to see as many folk as possible in place for the first match.

Last year was grand but we weren't half rattling around a largely empty stadium at the 1895 kick-off

I got to page 5 and gave up and came to the last page.

Everyone would like to park next door to the ground but because Spurs supporters live local then there is no need for the club to have a car park to hold 200 coaches.

So how about this for a suggestion fir the 10 coaches that has been discussed.

1. Book a parking spot for the 10 coaches NOW before the finalists are known so you get the best parking spot as near to the stadium as possible with the easiest access to the ground.

Edit - do all 10 coaches need to park in the same spot?  Surely they could park in different locations so it might be easier to get parking nearer to the ground.

2. Give everyone on the coach an A4 sheet that details:-

a. A map where the parking spot is in relation to the ground.  

b. How to get to the ground ie. the direction to the tube station and what tube stop to get off at near the ground and vice versa for the trip back.  Or it might be walkable.

c. The time the coach will depart giving people ample time to return

d. The phone number of a designated person on the coach that is in charge so if someone has managed to miss the tube stop then they can let that person know if they will be a little late after the depart time

Or, rope everyone together……..

4 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

I got to page 5 and gave up and came to the last page.

Everyone would like to park next door to the ground but because Spurs supporters live local then there is no need for the club to have a car park to hold 200 coaches.

So how about this for a suggestion:-

1. Book a parking spot for the 10 coaches NOW before the finalists are known so you get the best parking spot as near to the stadium as possible with the easiest access to the ground.

2. Give everyone on the coach an A4 sheet that details:-

a. A map where the parking spot is in relation to the ground.  

b. How to get to the ground ie. the direction to the tube station and what tube stop to get off at near the ground and vice versa for the trip back.  Or it might be walkable.

c. The time the coach will depart giving people ample time to return

d. The phone number of a designated person on the coach that is in charge so if someone has managed to miss the tube stop then they can let that person know if they will be a little late after the depart time

Or, rope everyone together……..

No parking permits are being issued until after the semi finals 

You really should learn to read 😉

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No parking permits are being issued until after the semi finals 

You really should learn to read 😉

In my speed reading of the topic I missed that comment.

I assume that the parking permits are for the ground and not for whole of London!

So why don’t you get something organised now that gets you as close to the ground as possible instead of waiting for permits and possibly missing out.  Then you will be competing for other parking spots with other groups of Coaches?

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Are you going anywhere nice Gubrats?

Coach-Trip-Brendan-the-to-001.jpg

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

In my speed reading of the topic I missed that comment.

I assume that the parking permits are for the ground and not for whole of London!

So why don’t you get something organised now that gets you as close to the ground as possible instead of waiting for permits and possibly missing out.  Then you will be competing for other parking spots with other groups of Coaches?

WOOSH 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

WOOSH 

I assume your response means that I missed something in your posts.  If so, then fair enough.  In my rather meagre defence the noise of the whining affected my ability to read 😉

Edit. Aaah.  I have just worked it out.  You are only going if Leigh get there and that is why you cannot book anything yet.  By not reading all the pages I assumed that you were going to the Final because it was at WHL. Now I have sussed that out I will watch the episode of Lewis that the wife is watching to see if at can work out who the murderer is 👍

Archived