Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly doesn't make it easy for pubs , clubs ( as in community ) to book trips as neutrals , which is what I thought the RFL want , ie , people buying tickets in advance to attend as neutrals ? 

But hey ho , hope we get something sorted , Dora ( the explorer ) , our 94 yr old won't fancy messing about on the tube in London I'd have thought ? 🤔

Beware of on street parking as this year has seen introduction of a match day parking zone that extends about 2 miles from Tottenham's stadium - Skolars ground falls within the area and is about 1.8 miles away as many people parking on the road outside have discovered to their cost!

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/controlled-parking-zones-cpzs/tottenham-event-day-cpz/tottenham-event-day-cpz-map

Oh and it's inside ULEZ so add on another £12.50 for a car.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

On a train.

Give me an honest answer Browny, I live in Leigh, 1/2 mile from the town centre, but I have a choice of 2 railway stations to use the first 2.9 miles from home, the second 3.2 miles from home, how close are you to your nearest railway station?

So you can see by the juvenile comments that you and many  others make, it is not such a problem using a train.

6 minutes ago, BJW said:

Beware of on street parking as this year has seen introduction of a match day parking zone that extends about 2 miles from Tottenham's stadium - Skolars ground falls within the area and is about 1.8 miles away as many people parking on the road outside have discovered to their cost!

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/controlled-parking-zones-cpzs/tottenham-event-day-cpz/tottenham-event-day-cpz-map

The joys of living in the capital I suppose.

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Cheapest I could find was 95 quid last week 

Have you looked at ticket-splitting sites? I use https://www.splityourticket.co.uk for most long train journeys.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, BJW said:

You only pay the ULEZ if your car doesn't meet the emissions standard, and most petrol cars less than 15 years old and diesel cars less than 7 years old are fine and incur no charge. 

You're right on the other point though, no one should think of driving to the stadium. Park-and-train from somewhere further out would be ok, Cheshunt or someone upthread suggested Theobalds Grove. 

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Have you looked at ticket-splitting sites? I use https://www.splityourticket.co.uk for most long train journeys.

No mate , I went from Wigan to Liverpool last year for my lads ' stag ' , prior to that , it's about 15 years since I've been on a train , I won't be going on a train , simple really , my missus runs the coaches for Leyth fans , the RFL seem confident that there will be ' something ' sorted , what that ' something ' is , I don't know , I suppose I'll have to trust the RFL 😉 

The one thing I did establish is its £ 120 for a coach parking permit at WHL 

6 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

You only pay the ULEZ if your car doesn't meet the emissions standard, and most petrol cars less than 15 years old and diesel cars less than 7 years old are fine and incur no charge. 

You're right on the other point though, no one should think of driving to the stadium. Park-and-train from somewhere further out would be ok, Cheshunt or someone upthread suggested Theobalds Grove. 

Cheshunt would give you the option of London Overground or Greater Anglia (Northumberland Park is that line's nearest station to the stadium). Although Greater Anglia would be more likely to have partial or zero service on any given weekend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Give me an honest answer Browny, I live in Leigh, 1/2 mile from the town centre, but I have a choice of 2 railway stations to use the first 2.9 miles from home, the second 3.2 miles from home, how close are you to your nearest railway station?

So you can see by the juvenile comments that you and many  others make, it is not such a problem using a train.

So essentially you are blaming the Tottenham ground for the s### transport links in Leigh? 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

So essentially you are blaming the Tottenham ground for the s### transport links in Leigh? 

Some serious joining of the dots to get to that conclusion from Harry's post 🤔

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

WTF are you on about, anyway why avoid the question I posed? There are no transport problems in Leigh, I can get anywhere in the world from Leigh Bus Station, think about it bright boy.

Well, this is a weird conversation.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 30/03/2022 at 18:56, GUBRATS said:

To get from Leigh ( that doesn't have a train station , just in case you didn't know 😉 ) to WHL for 11 am on a Saturday , what time do you think I'd have to leave ? , bearing in mind I've travelled on the London tube twice in my life , and one of those was in 1978 🤔

I wanted to cheekily post that the main obstruction come Cup Final day would be thousands of dumbstruck Leythers, frozen with open mouths aghast at "T'big buildings" and them "silver metal birds opp in t'sky." 

But I won't as I don't need to.

Leave Leigh at 11am and be already in the 21st Century by the time you pass south Manchester?

My nephew is a Spurs boy. And has no probs getting there from his rural south Midlands place. Whether by train, tube or his dad's car. 

I am sure dropping/parking a couple of rail/tube stations away from The Spurs stadium /WHL is not beyond folk.  Even getting an Uber if walking 200m from the nextdoor Overground station is too much. 

I am sure the RL family will equally discover the stadium's own brewery as well.

To answer a few questions on here from our friends from Leigh.

It sounds like you will have to leave Leigh in about 1978 and arrive at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium around 2022.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I wanted to cheekily post that the main obstruction come Cup Final day would be thousands of dumbstruck Leythers, frozen with open mouths aghast at "T'big buildings" and them "silver metal birds opp in t'sky." 

But I won't as I don't need to.

Leave Leigh at 11am and be already in the 21st Century by the time you pass south Manchester.

My nephew is a Spurs boy. And has no probs getting there from his rural south Midlands place.

I am sure dropping/parking a couple of rail/tube stations away from WHL is not beyond folk. 

So leaving Leigh at 11am will get us to WHL for a 12 kick off ? , Didn't know trains went 400 mph ? 

But not really the point , if we make the 1895 cup final , we'll be looking at taking 10+ coaches , if that is we can park/ drop off at WHL , if not , we take none as far as I'm concerned , taking responsibility for 500 people ###### about on the tube to get to the right station to get back home isn't something I'm happy to take on 

Other than that ###### off if you've nothing constructive to add 👍

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

To answer a few questions on here from our friends from Leigh.

It sounds like you will have leave Leigh in about 1978 and arrive at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium around 2022.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt , wait till we get to the summer bash , the coach parking situation at Headingley is even worse 🤔

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So leaving Leigh at 11am will get us to WHL for a 12 kick off ? , Didn't know trains went 400 mph ? 

But not really the point , if we make the 1895 cup final , we'll be looking at taking 10+ coaches , if that is we can park/ drop off at WHL , if not , we take none as far as I'm concerned , taking responsibility for 500 people ###### about on the tube to get to the right station to get back home isn't something I'm happy to take on 

Other than that ###### off if you've nothing constructive to add 👍

On a slightly more serious note. If you got people to a coach park, is it really your responsibility to get them all to the ground as well? I am assuming some of these 500 people would be adults?

And me being serious, not all of us are fully able bodied as well.

From everything I have heard getting there isn't that hard and the stadium itself is astonishing inside.

Think yourselves lucky. Our once in my lifetime visit to Big Time London occurred during Covid and then there was the refereeing.................

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

On a slightly more serious note. If you got people to a coach park, is it really your responsibility to get them all to the ground as well? I am assuming some of these 500 people would be adults?

Some will be adults , some will be adults with limited mobility , some will be teenagers , some will most likely be ###### , bottom line is a venue for a multi team event of this type should have the infrastructure and organisation to deal with it , given how I've had emails ignored , promises of call backs unanswered , I don't think it's going to work out , maybe these organisations should employ adults ?

1 minute ago, idrewthehaggis said:

And me being serious, not all of us are fully able bodied as well.

From everything I have heard getting there isn't that hard and the stadium itself is astonishing inside.

Think yourselves lucky. Our once in my lifetime visit to Big Time London occurred during Covid and then there was the refereeing.................

I'm sure nobody will have a problem getting there , but if then getting home involves having to start messing about on tubes and trains just to get back to your main transport , that's when issues start to arrise , as I've posted a few minutes ago , the lack of answers to questions for information both personally by phone and email doesn't fill me with confidence , I've had promises before from stadiums about this sort of thing , and when things go wrong , nobody can be found , nobody wants to know 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Spurs will open for coach parking booking on the Monday after the semi's , with priority to the 4 clubs apparently , be a mad Scramble I'm guessing 

That’s good. Like I say if it does get fully booked then contact the council - to be fair they won’t have likely dealt with this potential number of coaches before. But they are obliged to oversee and ensure safe transport management plans for every match and offer alternative solutions in the nearby area if the club itself cannot do that.

Just now, theswanmcr said:

That’s good. Like I say if it does get fully booked then contact the council - to be fair they won’t have likely dealt with this potential number of coaches before. But they are obliged to oversee and ensure safe transport management plans for every match and offer alternative solutions in the nearby area if the club itself cannot do that.

The answer has been , they'll sort something out 

But with 3 weeks to organise there isn't time , which is why I've been chasing the info , my first response from the RFL was " there's not much parking at WHL you know " , in a slightly worried voice , then " you'll have to contact Tottenham , we've not sorted anything yet " , which I tried , only to have emails ignored 

This is compounded by holidays 2 days after the semi's in my case , as I've put , traditionally pubs,clubs both community RL and others have gone to the CC as neutrals , quite often by coach , but unless you know where you are parking/picking up/dropping off it's very difficult to sell tickets , making it difficult to book coaches 

Archived