Haven next up

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Not as poor as your discipline. The crowd took the attitude that he was biased (which is fine, that's what we pay for) but that seemed to get to the team. The two guys who were sent off really let their team down. 

To be fair,I don,t think there could have been much argument if the Walshaw try was disallowed.

17 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

To be fair,I don,t think there could have been much argument if the Walshaw try was disallowed.

I haven't disputed that. My point is that things go against all teams in all games. It's OK for the crowd to get upset, but Whitehaven allowed that to get to them and they literally lost control in the end. As LuckyDog above mentioned, Hooley suffered a really poor high tackle early on, and no card was shown. Swings and roundabouts!

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

I haven't disputed that. My point is that things go against all teams in all games. It's OK for the crowd to get upset, but Whitehaven allowed that to get to them and they literally lost control in the end. As LuckyDog above mentioned, Hooley suffered a really poor high tackle early on, and no card was shown. Swings and roundabouts!

Sorry,I was'nt diagreeing with you,but just making a comment about the try.Probably I should have made a separate post rather than quoting you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, distantdog said:

The tackle was put on report. One of our players received a high shot about 10 minutes later funny how he never put that on report. 

17 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

The tackle was put on report. One of our players received a high shot about 10 minutes later funny how he never put that on report. 

True, so no punishment that the offended team would benefit from. Your point also backs up my original point, that many decisions can be contested but at the end of the day Whitehaven allowed those that went against them to affect them. Poor discipline, poor mindset, victim mentality.

On the radio it said one of the Haven players were put on report for biting Hooley!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 02/06/2022 at 20:13, distantdog said:

No, the red was deserved, the ref had no choice once the touchy had reported him. The one LD is talking about was Hooley getting pole axed and the ref didn't bin the guy. Take everything radio Cumbria say with a chunk or two of salt. 

See the lad got no matches for the red card!!! Was it a red card or did the ref get it wrong again? I thought it was tbf. 

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

See the lad got no matches for the red card!!! Was it a red card or did the ref get it wrong again? I thought it was tbf. 

Yup, red. All of the Haven supporters I heard discussing it were very critical of the player, not the Ref's decision.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

If you're talking about your second rower (Olstrum? No 11 shirt, I think) who got himself sent off before half time, he definitely deserved deserved his red card.

If his punch had landed, the Batley lad would be waking up about now.

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

If you're talking about your second rower (Olstrum? No 11 shirt, I think) who got himself sent off before half time, he definitely deserved deserved his red card.

If his punch had landed, the Batley lad would be waking up about now.

That's the one mate strange how he only got a caution for it. 

5 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

That's the one mate strange how he only got a caution for it. 

It happened just in front of where I was standing, and it certainly looked bad!

But I guess the disciplinary proceedings are in place, with (we trust) suitably qualified personnel, so it's probably time to move on from the sorry episode. 

I hope you enjoyed your next game a little better. 😊

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur