Haven next up

Batley Bob

Thank goodness something is happening on the field I was beginning to think the season had ended.

The lads know they have to tighten up their game to take on 'Haven up there. Since beating Barrow we've not been on great form but we can't go on winning ugly. Of the 3 Cumbrian teams Whitehaven have the game to turn an ugly win into a disappointing defeat.

20 hours ago, RogerT said:

Thank goodness something is happening on the field I was beginning to think the season had ended.

Beerfest on Saturday, match on Sunday - it will be next Wednesday till you get back to your senses Roger. The time will seem to fly by.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Need the win and never an easy place to go. Haven 14 Doggies 26

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

49 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Copycat 

Lol I must have read it and subconsciously gone for the same 😄 it's been said I never have an original thought 

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Could be a tricky one this  I can see this being another workington type game, we've not been that good last couple of outings, I'm not sure if all the rest and lack of games over the last few weeks has made us a bit rusty,hopefully we can get back some consistency over the next few games. 

Whitehaven 14 

Batley          22

You have got it in one the scrim reaper, that's what I was suggesting early in this topic, I don't remember it being like this in previous years.

A full 80 from Leaky then, why haven't we recalled Burton? Agree that this is a banana skin, Haven are no mugs at home, we'll have to be better than Worky, Rams n London.

Hey Batley fans - if you’re making the journey north tomorrow then have a safe journey but if not you can listen to full match commentary from myself for BBC Radio Cumbria from 14.50 via BBC Sport app or website 

• Like 1