Cleary that tackle

“Panthers’  Nathan Cleary has been slapped with a Grade 3 charge for a dangerous throw, and will face five weeks on the sideline with an early guilty plea, or six weeks if found guilty at panel. 

If Cleary takes the early guilty plea, he’ll return for the first week of finals.”

It's not often I really wince at viewing a tackle, but this was BAD. One of the worst in recent times. He has no excuse.

Also, how dim was big Nelson? Dear God, he doesn't need that garbage to put fear into his opponents. His huge, hulking self does that.

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Well he is guilty and has apologised, so surely it’ll be the 5 weeks out as I thought in the match thread at the time.

He can’t plead not guilty can he?

Could he ask for it to be downgraded say to Grade 2 (3matches I believe)? Surely not?

Surely too expensive a risk. Take the five and see him in first week of finals where they will have the second chance.

No, he’s accepted his punishment. He’s not going to the judiciary panel.

Penrith's Nathan Cleary has accepted a five-week suspension for his tackle on Parramatta's Dylan Brown

Despite the lengthy ban, the halfback will join the rest of the squad on a mid-season camp to Kiama on the NSW South Coast before Saturday's trip to Canberra.

Edited by Graham

On 30/07/2022 at 23:41, Number 16 said:

It's not often I really wince at viewing a tackle, but this was BAD. One of the worst in recent times. He has no excuse.

Also, how dim was big Nelson? Dear God, he doesn't need that garbage to put fear into his opponents. His huge, hulking self does that.

Amazingly big Nelson has got off ( again)