Grand Lifeline Draw

Kevin Nicholas

There was a short delay in getting tickets on ticketing site but they are now on there and so can now be purchased.

Didnt see Bash scoreline coming to be honest even if hopeful of a win!! Each win means this Draw and the War Chest are even more important as well as getting a decent crowd on Wednesday if we are to progress as we want to in 2023.

Thanks for your support.

• Like 2

.bump

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 3 weeks later...

just bought number 502, doubt we will sell 498 more before Sunday.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 4 weeks later...

Direct to Kev and Iro; Keep it and other fundraising going through winter. As we're at home Boxing Day something gigantic to draw on the day, maybe something between us and Rams encouraging 2 sets of fans to support it. Also, similar to both BISSA and War Chest, get fans to contribute a 5er a month via Direct Debit. Regardless of any current financial restraints even I won't miss a 5er a month or a couple of tickets on a Lifeline draw....

BISSA already do that, with War Chest I suppose people could contribute every month or a one off payment of £100 as per now.

Lets not call it a lifeline draw, what about A Grand Draw, or even try that watching the grass grow draw again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RogerT said:

BISSA already do that, with War Chest I suppose people could contribute every month or a one off payment of £100 as per now.

Lets not call it a lifeline draw, what about A Grand Draw, or even try that watching the grass grow draw again.

Good idea. I always think calling it a lifeline draw sounded a bit desperate.

I understand all of those who run the club (fabulously)must be exhausted, but I think it might also be a good idea to re-start the publicity for the War Chest for next season so people can prepare for it ahead of time and we can get as many people joined up to it before the start of the season.

I think a monthly draw, as per lockdown might be a good idea for the close season. It seemed to be quite successful.

I also wonder if a season long draw might be a good idea, selling tickets starting at the first match of the season and drawn at the last home game of the season.

Edited by distantdog

6 hours ago, graham fisher said:

As this  been confirmed that you're at home this year?

Yes. The games alternate between the clubs and the last two, scheduled for MP, were both postponed so it is still Batley's turn to act as gracious hosts.

• Thanks 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.