The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed it does at least feel like a statement, though arguably that is very Croft reliant.

FWIW, what do you think is going on with the training and physio department at Leeds mate? I know you made reference in another post to our squad looking good and keeping players fit, but looking back we seem to have been really blighted by injuries at various points throughout the past few seasons.

We changed that whole department last year, I think we’ve just had some bad luck, especially with concussion type injuries.

GH did mention they have looked at the whole organisation and put in place changes where they needed them, I think 2023 really was a pivotal year with how poor it went.

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

We changed that whole department last year, I think we’ve just had some bad luck, especially with concussion type injuries.

GH did mention they have looked at the whole organisation and put in place changes where they needed them, I think 2023 really was a pivotal year with how poor it went.

I suppose we'll see proof in the pudding with that going forward. I also would caveat that perhaps my memory of the injury situation is also blighted by the ridiculous bans we were getting that really impacted continuity in the team too.

Hopefully there can be a positive drive going forward and our luck turns, but equally it really shouldn't be hard to do that at a club like Leeds in the market it operates in!

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed it does at least feel like a statement, though arguably that is very Croft reliant.

FWIW, what do you think is going on with the training and physio department at Leeds mate? I know you made reference in another post to our squad looking good and keeping players fit, but looking back we seem to have been really blighted by injuries at various points throughout the past few seasons.

Also I don’t think it is just croft reliant, the whole squad just looks better balanced to me, just maybe a prop short.

Last year if our two halves were injured (quite often) we were down to playing a second rower and a kid there. Now we have more options, Miller has played a lot of halfback and there’s obviously Myler who can then cover full back or indeed halfback if needed, Sinfield is a year older aswell.

We have now got an international standard hooker with two other hookers in the wings.

Were well stocked in the second row.

Centres maybe not that much depth but Max Simpson will be back and roberts and Martin can cover.

as I say much more balanced and with Miller we finally have some pace, Croft isn’t slow either.

• Like 1

Must admit now Leeds have a solid FB in Miller and Croft at 6, surely the other half position is a toss-up between Myler and Frawley? By no means nailed on Frawley gets the starting position. Myler can cover a few positions and has been one of Leeds' more consistent performers over the past couple of seasons. Also interested to see how they handle the 9 position - Ackers definitely starts, but again Jarrod O'Connor was one of Leeds better players last year. Will he be happy to do minutes off the bench or does he maybe interchange with Cam Smith as well at 13? 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Though he hasn't played much this year, every time he has played this he's looked fantastic. He scored a crucial try in the dying embers of a quarter-final to send the game to golden point. He ended up being crucial in Canberra late season push for finals. He's not a world-class half-back but he has proved many times he is very much capable of performing at the top level. 

I just don't think it's remotely fair to refer to a player in such good form as an "average journeyman"

I'm not sure why you are embarking on a revisionist history crusade. He played the last 4 games at five-eighth and Canberra lost 3 out of 4 of these. Other than in round 5, when they lost 53 v 12  against the Panthers, he didn't play five-eighth all season. He played once as a half and Canberra also lost that. So as a half back he played a total of 6 games and lost 5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Lam is though in the best place possible at the moment to rectify Miffords rejection I would have thought, if he decides on someone Mr Beaumont and Mr Chester need to trust his judgement and leave him to it.

I would imagine they will, like they have with numerous other signings that Lam has identified in the last 2 seasons. 

Personally, I’d be happy to play Mellor at 6 and use the overseas spot on an outside back 

4 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

I think he's a good player in good form. You sound like you despise the bloke, not sure what he's done to you.

I don't despise him, I don't know him. His enduring quality that GH mentioned was he's a good character. Probably says it all about him.

I'm just commenting on his performances and those of the teams he's played in. That's in direct contradiction with your view.

I'll be happy if he surpasses my expectations of him next year, although that wouldn't be very difficult

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Also I don’t think it is just croft reliant, the whole squad just looks better balanced to me, just maybe a prop short.

Last year if our two halves were injured (quite often) we were down to playing a second rower and a kid there. Now we have more options, Miller has played a lot of halfback and there’s obviously Myler who can then cover full back or indeed halfback if needed, Sinfield is a year older aswell.

We have now got an international standard hooker with two other hookers in the wings.

Were well stocked in the second row.

Centres maybe not that much depth but Max Simpson will be back and roberts and Martin can cover.

as I say much more balanced and with Miller we finally have some pace, Croft isn’t slow either.

Agreed. Oledzki and Lisone start for me based on the current prop options. Holroyd isn't far off being a very good player but Sangare still has some way to go. Goudemand and Donaldson can do a stint but neither are big bodies so yeah at least one out-and-out prop and then you've got decent depth. 

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure why you are embarking on a revisionist history crusade. He played the last 4 games at five-eighth and Canberra lost 3 out of 4 of these. Other than in round 5, when they lost 53 v 12  against the Panthers, he didn't play five-eighth all season. He played once as a half and Canberra also lost that. So as a half back he played a total of 6 games and lost 5.

Yeah keep saying he’s bad just because he’s team lost to some of them best teams in the league. There’s 13 players on a field not sure why it’s Frawley fault, Also did you watch a single one of those games otherwise it’s incredibly silly for you to comment. I personally watched all of Canberra last 4 games and Frawley was great in each of them, scoring 2 tries. The bloke is in good form and is solid player, Not sure why there is such a brigade out to belittle a  player in good form.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Must admit now Leeds have a solid FB in Miller and Croft at 6, surely the other half position is a toss-up between Myler and Frawley? By no means nailed on Frawley gets the starting position. Myler can cover a few positions and has been one of Leeds' more consistent performers over the past couple of seasons. Also interested to see how they handle the 9 position - Ackers definitely starts, but again Jarrod O'Connor was one of Leeds better players last year. Will he be happy to do minutes off the bench or does he maybe interchange with Cam Smith as well at 13? 

Yeah now Croft has signed, I'm not sure Frawley gets in the 17. Myler would get my nod at 7, although given neither he or Croft have great long kicking games, may swing it Frawley's way.

Smith may prefer O'Connor starting and Ackers to have impact from the bench

7 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I don't despise him, I don't know him. His enduring quality that GH mentioned was he's a good character. Probably says it all about him.

I'm just commenting on his performances and those of the teams he's played in. That's in direct contradiction with your view.

I'll be happy if he surpasses my expectations of him next year, although that wouldn't be very difficult

Like I said he was great in Canberra's End of the season, Scoring 2 tries in some really solid performances. So not sure why your commenting on his performances yet saying he’s bad. Screams to me that you just checked Canberra's last 4 results and instantly correlated that with Frawley playing bad. I personally watched all 4 of his last games and he was fantastic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Yeah keep saying he’s bad just because he’s team lost to some of them best teams in the league. There’s 13 players on a field not sure why it’s Frawley fault, Also did you watch a single one of those games otherwise it’s incredibly silly for you to comment. I personally watched all of Canberra last 4 games and Frawley was great in each of them, scoring 2 tries. The bloke is in good form and is solid player, Not sure why there is such a brigade out to belittle a  player in good form.

You cant have it both ways. When it suited you were saying he was crucial to Canberra's late season push and a fantastic talent. When the facts are pointed out now its a 13 man game and not Frawley's fault.

Frawley may or may not work out but your posts on this are just bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NRLandSL said:

Like I said he was great in Canberra's End of the season, Scoring 2 tries in some really solid performances. So not sure why your commenting on his performances yet saying he’s bad. Screams to me that you just checked Canberra's last 4 results and instantly correlated that with Frawley playing bad. I personally watched all 4 of his last games and he was fantastic.

You must watch different games than me

18 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

OConner is good on the bench because he can cover hooker, loose and at a push second row.

4 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Course you watched the last 4 personally and of course no one else did. I mean you tried to make out he had a great year in the NRL as a half back despite playing a total of 6 games there, 5 of which they lost, and only 8 games in total. Now somehow you were oblivious to that but conveniently watched the last 4 and know what Frawley did off by heart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah now Croft has signed, I'm not sure Frawley gets in the 17. Myler would get my nod at 7, although given neither he or Croft have great long kicking games, may swing it Frawley's way.

Myler shouldn’t be nowhere near a starting halfback, hes never shown anything there for Leeds. He’s good cover but that’s about it.

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I really hope Smith doesn't try to do anything weird this year.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

You cant have it both ways. When it suited you were saying he was crucial to Canberra's late season push and a fantastic talent. When the facts are pointed out now its a 13 man game and not Frawley's fault.

Frawley may or may not work out but your posts on this are just bizarre.

I’ve called Frawley great/fantastic in every post. Frawley was Fantastic in Canberra’s last season push and I stand by that. Not sure when I changed my mind. I said “13 man game” in response to you saying he was bad in those games and it was Frawley’s fault Canberra lost to some of the top teams in the league, leading me to believe you did not watch a single game he played. No offence mate but you’re quite clueless about rugby league if you think scoring 2 tries in 4 games is bad form.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I wouldn't bet against it!

Ackers on the bench full time, got too many ideas about what a hooker can do. How about Miller in the halves along with Gannon, Croft and Myler at Centre, Momirovski at Fullback, he's never played there till now but we trust our processes... and anyway, who needs props, let's play without them, the force (referee) will slow the rucks down for us.

I'm being facetious of course, but the preseason hasn't started yet...