Dewsbury at home next.

Peter Winthorpe

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sadly, illness prevented me from attending. I did buy a ticket, however.

Thanks Johnny, I bought 2 as well  but that was my choice as I live in the Highlands. So that's 3 to add to the attendance.

Seems we will meet again next year if we get thru our cash crisis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Thanks Johnny, I bought 2 as well  but that was my choice as I live in the Highlands. So that's 3 to add to the attendance.

Seems we will meet again next year if we get thru our cash crisis

Glad the just giving page is now up to £9360. Never thought we would attract a big crowd  even with discount, good weather and attractions.

People join the bandwagon of a winning side.  At least Newcastle are leading city.

8 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Shame but we wasted his talent and personality. He needed handled better I think, maybe wrong.

Signed for the broncos said they were unprofessional, came back to town and went out on the lash the day before a game (professional 🤔) maybe if he handled his self better would have been a start.

• Like 5

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Thanks for the updates lads, as painful as they are.

What crowd turned out to be disappointed again.

It's the first time I have really done that from a game but at half time when I read that it was not on Radio Cumbria I thought I might as well try and do a real time update for those that could not be there.

First half was dire with both sides showing why they are both going down.

We did come to life a bit in the second half but cannot understand why we could not have shown that fight for the full 80 minutes.

But it could be worse when you see York getting 100 put on them that shows the total imbalance in this league now.

Thanks Mr sausage, which I really miss up here in the frozen North.

As a supporter for 60 years it was really good to get radio coverage for games but we have been abandoned lately in favour of Haven and Barra. Really thought given the circumstances we would be covered.

Alas we ate down so will they bother covering the Derby or some haggis wrestling in Borders. Who knows  who cares  I certainly do.

9 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Thanks Mr sausage, which I really miss up here in the frozen North.

As a supporter for 60 years it was really good to get radio coverage for games but we have been abandoned lately in favour of Haven and Barra. Really thought given the circumstances we would be covered.

Alas we ate down so will they bother covering the Derby or some haggis wrestling in Borders. Who knows  who cares  I certainly do.

I saw yesterday that Radio Cumbria couldn’t be bothered providing commentary for the Town game but had full match commentary on Barrow Ladies game. It seems we are below them in the pecking order now as well.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

12 hours ago, anok4u said:

Signed for the broncos said they were unprofessional, came back to town and went out on the lash the day before a game (professional 🤔) maybe if he handled his self better would have been a start.

On the whole handling of the drinking incident , why didn`t they just fine them £200 quid each or something  , give the money to a charity of their own choice , draw a line under the incident and move on , fairer all round .

25 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

On the whole handling of the drinking incident , why didn`t they just fine them £200 quid each or something  , give the money to a charity of their own choice , draw a line under the incident and move on , fairer all round .

Agreed, it seemed to drag on for weeks with Dec/walker being 2 that never really recovered from. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Dewsbury looked like they couldn’t be bothered and we’re just going through the motions and still had enough to beat a town team with absolutely zero creativity, no leadership and for the first time in a long time, really looked like they had no heart or up for the fight, the game was there to be won, and won comfortably but the state the clubs in at this moment in time, we wouldn’t have beaten seaton on Sunday. It’s a shame because a win would have maybe upped the numbers for the derby, I wouldn’t be surprised if haven out number us in 2 weeks time, why wouldnt they come through in large numbers, more or less guaranteed a win and get to gloat about us going down at the same time. Derwent park isn’t going to be a nice place to be 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

On 23/08/2022 at 11:51, wonky said:

Dewsbury looked like they couldn’t be bothered and we’re just going through the motions and still had enough to beat a town team with absolutely zero creativity, no leadership and for the first time in a long time, really looked like they had no heart or up for the fight, the game was there to be won, and won comfortably but the state the clubs in at this moment in time, we wouldn’t have beaten seaton on Sunday. It’s a shame because a win would have maybe upped the numbers for the derby, I wouldn’t be surprised if haven out number us in 2 weeks time, why wouldnt they come through in large numbers, more or less guaranteed a win and get to gloat about us going down at the same time. Derwent park isn’t going to be a nice place to be 

Nobody is looking forward to the Haven game, but I've heard quite a few who are giving it a miss because they don't want the #### taken out of them by those nasty haven fans. I suggest they give themselves a shake, get a backbone and grow a pair.  We deserve any grief we get from them because we are bottom of the league and going down. Having more haven fans at the game than us is something  we should be ashamed of. I remember going to the wreck when we were top of the league under Walshy and they were rock bottom. We filled the then covered popular side with nearly 3k travelling fans, they had a  couple of hundred die hards in the Kells end. It must have been agonising for them seeing their ground taken over by us. I actually felt sorry for them, it must have been soul destroying  The big difference being they weren't being relegated from the then 2 division structure . We need to get down to DP  a week on Sunday   cheer on our team and take what's being dished out to us. UTT. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Nobody is looking forward to the Haven game, but I've heard quite a few who are giving it a miss because they don't want the #### taken out of them by those nasty haven fans. I suggest they give themselves a shake, get a backbone and grow a pair.  We deserve any grief we get from them because we are bottom of the league and going down. Having more haven fans at the game than us is something  we should be ashamed of. I remember going to the wreck when we were top of the league under Walshy and they were rock bottom. We filled the then covered popular side with nearly 3k travelling fans, they had a  couple of hundred die hards in the Kells end. It must have been agonising for them seeing their ground taken over by us. I actually felt sorry for them, it must have been soul destroying  The big difference being they weren't being relegated from the then 2 division structure . We need to get down to DP  a week on Sunday   cheer on our team and take what's being dished out to us. UTT. 

Fully agree about the idiots at games mate but both clubs have them im Afraid but I have actually liked the banter the last few years between us and think the games have had a lot better atmosphere about them. The thing is for this game it’s a derby game fair enough you are going into league one but it’s a game of no matter really so is their anything to nervous about? It’s a free hit out for both sides. Town being relagated both clubs will still get a big gate at the start of the season and play each other so not a lot is lost. It’s a great chances for town to build again for next season and a few good wins and crowds will flood back it’s the same with us fans are fickle we only support a winning side and both clubs have had shocking seasons by all accounts 

• Like 1