Sun 21 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Featherstone is a former mining town with a population of 15k and by rights the club should be minnows if it survived at all. So in my eyes we're always the underdogs, and it's something to be massively proud of that we're such a competitive club in a league featuring clubs representing much larger towns and cities.

Yep because population size directly impacts the ability of 17 blokes to play rugby on a Sunday afternoon. 

7 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sounds like you are getting your excuses in for this weekends loss. 😁

If we lose we lose not stopped us coming for weekend lol. Anyway Oxy you've tipped us to win that's why i booked the hotel 🤪

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

I notice York have only named a 17-man squad for tomorrow and missing quite a few key players. Could get ugly if Leigh are in the mood.

This is what I was worried about, I thought York may save themselves for next week v Sheffield, big score margins do not appeal to me one bit not got a ticket yet as I thought this was going to happen may not bother now.

I do hope we manage to get promotion, I would sooner lose in competitive games than walk games far to easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

This is what I was worried about, I thought York may save themselves for next week v Sheffield, big score margins do not appeal to me one bit not got a ticket yet as I thought this was going to happen may not bother now.

I do hope we manage to get promotion, I would sooner lose in competitive games than walk games far to easily.

I hear that Harry. Even though we're a bit behind the Leigh curve, there's not much joy in blowing teams away like we've done on occasion this year. Except Widnes and Bradford of course, I could watch that all day every day 😉

3 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I notice York have only named a 17-man squad for tomorrow and missing quite a few key players. Could get ugly if Leigh are in the mood.

Resting players for next week. I wonder how many they would have named if they were playing Widnes?  Basically waving the white flag.  Leigh to get another 60+

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Resting players for next week. I wonder how many they would have named if they were playing Widnes?  Basically waving the white flag.  Leigh to get another 60+

That is your assumption , these are the ONLY players we have available the rest are injured.

• Like 1

I have said it before and got lambasted for it but I honestly believe Leigh are a victim of their own success this season in so much that many fans are choosing to be absent simply because many games have been foregone conclusions, no disrespect to anyone but some games have been like matching different age brackets in junior football say U'15's v U'13's such is the mismatch.

7 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I hear that Harry. Even though we're a bit behind the Leigh curve, there's not much joy in blowing teams away like we've done on occasion this year. Except Widnes and Bradford of course, I could watch that all day every day 😉

Yeah you have said that before, some previous encounters must be indelibly etched in your mind😡

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah you have said that before, some previous encounters must be indelibly etched in your mind😡

Harry we've had some right batterings over the years against Bradford and especially Widnes so like many older supporters enjoyed battering them. Some supporters didn't enjoy it against Widnes calling it boring BUT then moaned at Widnes when we scraped home 20-16, work that one out lol.

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Harry we've had some right batterings over the years against Bradford and especially Widnes so like many older supporters enjoyed battering them. Some supporters didn't enjoy it against Widnes calling it boring BUT then moaned at Widnes when we scraped home 20-16, work that one out lol.

The supporter's prerogative Rover, they pay their money which actually gives them the right to comment and express their opinion, I don't mind that one bit though, it is those we all meet in the pubs and clubs who are the self proclaimed experts of every player and what goes on at the club but have not stepped foot in the ground since the Queen's Coronation.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1