Jump to content

Sat 17th - Sun 18th Sept: The Betfred League One Match Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Something tells me Doncaster will beat Swinton today. I think their current form is just that bit better.

I hope you're right. The final at the Keepmoat would be massive for us. The club would have 2 weeks to promote the life out of it. School visits etc plus a lot of lapsed Dons fans coming out of the woodwork could make for a great occasion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

I hope you're right. The final at the Keepmoat would be massive for us. The club would have 2 weeks to promote the life out of it. School visits etc plus a lot of lapsed Dons fans coming out of the woodwork could make for a great occasion.

I think having the final at the ground of one of the teams in it is a bit naughty. It should be at a neutral ground in my opinion.

Is the game on YouTube like yesterdays Wales v Hornets  game ?

Edit - I’ve just seen it isn’t.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I'm not saying Muzza's announcement didn't have an impact, it was bound to... but I recon with a fully-fit squad we'd have gone much better.

Agreed, now we'll have to see what the new season will bring with a new coach and some new players - let's see if we can avoid doing a Wrexham FC and not blow it in the play-offs. What slightly bothers me is the mooted reorganisation for season 2024 and what's going to happen to us lesser pond life in the RL world.

Hey -ho, as Morcheeba once sang - 'Left my soul there/Down by the sea.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think having the final at the ground of one of the teams in it is a bit naughty. It should be at a neutral ground in my opinion.

Is the game on YouTube like yesterdays Wales v Hornets  game ?

Edit - I’ve just seen it isn’t.

I agree. However we had to make the trip up to Workington for last year's final so we know the rules. A win today and we've earned the advantage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Where are clubs budgets published? I'd be fascinated to have a look.

I'm not sure they are published, Why would they be?

I can tell you we have no players on contract; they are all on pay-per-play with additional win bonuses.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have Rochdales issues with tbe football club been resolved? 

If the end up getting promoted (given they are down to the final 3) is there potential for issues regarding  a  limited capacity next year?  Id imagine there will be more away fans next year if they do go up and higher attendances 

Edited by Ragingbull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we took on Oldham in the final a few years ago it was played at Leigh Sporting Village.

along with one of the amateur cup/playoff finals and the championship gf..... it was a cracking day out even though we weren't actually playing.

  • Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Have Rochdales issues with tbe football club been resolved? 

If the end up getting promoted (given they are down to the final 3) is there potential for issues regarding  a  limited capacity next year?  Id imagine there will be more away fans next year if they do go up and higher attendances 

To answer your question - No. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well done Swinton, I thought Donny would do it today, shows what I know about rugby league.

Aside from Cougars they've been the best side I've seen this season. They can blow hot and cold but when on form they can rack up the points. Can't see them losing in the playoffs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...