RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

Just now, Just Browny said:

Ffs save your energy for when we don't sell enough tickets to start with, not this QANon stuff.

There were clearly a few no-shows but since some people first bought tickets for this game it was moved 30 miles and it eventually took place on a day where trains weren't running. 

Well quite, the game was supposed to be in a different city, and the trains were in a mess. But no it has to be a conspiracy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Is that where corporate is?

That's what I was presuming the reason for the empty seats there was and due to safety regulations because those tickets have been sold they are counted because there is a possibility those people could show up. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Ffs save your energy for when we don't sell enough tickets to start with, not this QANon stuff.

There were clearly a few no-shows but since some people first bought tickets for this game it was moved 30 miles and it eventually took place on a day where trains weren't running. 

I think many are at a loss as right now there is literally nothing to moan about after that QF. I'm sure that'll all change for the next match 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t worry there’ll be plenty of empty seats at hull tonight for people to get giddy about.

Will be due to the train strikes and people in corporate?

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Whole rows of people who all decided to attend by train.

This shouldn't be surprising. When away games happen in sports the majority of fans (well over half) will travel by train, so it's not unlikely that a large number of ticket holders (even whole rows) decided not to attend based on no trains and awful weather for driving.

I thought the atmosphere was good and enjoyed the game. Looking forward to the tonight's and tomorrow's games. Wish I could afford the NZ game tonight but I splurged my cash on the final.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

also it was a double header-some might have gone home after the women.s game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

It might have an impact but no it will be mainly because of poor ticket sales so you can fill your boots.

Was a joke.

The difference between 20k and 23k does matter because in 12 days', months', years' time (or whenever) the wrong lessons will have been learned.

According to folks on here, the pricing was just about right because almost a full house showed up. According to other folks on here, thousands of £70+ seats in the West Stand were empty - the pricing was wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

The difference between 20k and 23k does matter because in 12 days', months', years' time (or whenever) the wrong lessons will have been learned.

According to folks on here, the pricing was just about right because almost a full house showed up. According to other folks on here, thousands of £70+ seats in the West Stand were empty - the pricing was wrong. 

Not if those £70 tickets were paid for.

the pricing strategy is wrong but were at the stage now where even decent attendances are getting people annoyed

Hang on, so we were told that it was 10k at Coventry, but we sold 13k, but we don't announce no shows. 

And then they sold 11k for the women's game, but announced as 8k because we don't count no shows. 

And now we claim this is 23.1k and people are saying its fine because we count no shows. 

IMG_20221105_143831_copy_1824x840_copy_912x420.jpg.326b2dcadde7d8d7c30dc72f9d5217ba.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ok let’s get this straight you are saying the organisers are lying about it? Bearing in mind attendances include no shows.

I understand it’s made some people angry that it was a decent figure. Ive given the organisers plenty of stick on here but were now at the stage on this thread where even a good figure is getting people annoyed.

its getting silly TBH

No one’s angry it’s a decent figure. They are angry because .

it should be a sell out based on what we we’re promised with this tournament and the money the tournament was gifted by you and me ( the taxpayers)

if half a stand is empty then 23k at a 25k stadium is figure fudging by what has shown to be an inept leadership clutching at any glimmer to say they have done a great job .

no one in this thread is remotely happy about the poor attendances at this tournament , frankly for those that love the game it’s heartbreaking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Hang on, so we were told that it was 10k at Coventry, but we sold 13k, but we don't announce no shows. 

And then they sold 11k for the women's game, but announced as 8k because we don't count no shows. 

And now we claim this is 23.1k and people are saying its fine because we count no shows. 

IMG_20221105_143831_copy_1824x840_copy_912x420.jpg.326b2dcadde7d8d7c30dc72f9d5217ba.jpg

I wasn’t at that one were all the other stands chokka

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Wow looks really empty on that shot. What point in the game was this taken? When I watched on TV it looked fairly full at the start and then it looked like this towards the end. I just put it down to the Wigan Walk.

Just now, RL Tragic said:

I wasn’t at that one were all the other stands chokka

They were pretty full yes. You can see on the photos that there were plenty of empty seats in them all though, but pretty full. 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That’s not 23k its only one stand 😉

Just now, davmol said:

Wow looks really empty on that shot. What point in the game was this taken? When I watched on TV it looked fairly full at the start and then it looked like this towards the end. I just put it down to the Wigan Walk.

Kick off. It didn't get busier. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Wether some people on this thread like it or not that is the official attendance, and its the highest weve had for a QF.

I thought the DW was very obviously 20k+ and the given attendance was very plausible. I'm not sure why some are trying to knock it. The East, North and South stands were all pretty full and the only real gaps were in the West. The atmosphere was pretty good too. For those trying to make out it was sub 20k give your head a shake.

Edited by Damien
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

I thought the DW was very obviously 20k+ and the given attendance was very plausible. I'm not sure why some are trying to knock it. The East, North and South stands were all pretty full and the only real gaps were in the West. The atmosphere was pretty good too. For those trying to make out it was sub 20k give your head a shake.

Damien , I don’t think it’s fair to say we are knocking it . It’s reasonable to be skeptical due to the duplicity the organisers have shown . And secondly it’s not that great that we can’t after years of hosting RL world cups , Against decent exiting opposition , with the biggest ever funding of an event , sell this out !!!!! . We got roughly the same in 2013 vs France and 25k for a group game v Ireland with no central funding and nothing like the number of people behind the scenes . It’s Ok but calling it a triumph is downgrading where our sport should be . christ NFL get 80K in the UK regularly to watch utter dross that’s also on live TV and we want to be happy with just over 20k for the National team in a World Cup . 

• Like 3