No 13s playing 6 or 11/12 playing 3 or 4

IM2

14 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Oh God, let me guess, you’re one of those myopic Aussie types? Well some of us actually watch and understand the international part of our sport in detail, rather than just obsess about which Sydney suburb is falling out with the NRL over money this week.

For example, Great Britain could easily have won every single Ashes Test in 2003, but lost each game in the final 10 mins. One of those matches we played 79 mins with 12 men. So yes pal, everything was on the table if we’d been more courageous during the overly negative Waite/Noble era. 

2003 was a big opportunity to win a series. Can't believe we lost every game, particularly that last one and on the day the Union mob won the world cup. A sad day!

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

20 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Oh God, let me guess, you’re one of those myopic Aussie types? Well some of us actually watch and understand the international part of our sport in detail, rather than just obsess about which Sydney suburb is falling out with the NRL over money this week.

For example, Great Britain could easily have won every single Ashes Test in 2003, but lost each game in the final 10 mins. One of those matches we played 79 mins with 12 men. So yes pal, everything was on the table if we’d been more courageous during the overly negative Waite/Noble era. 

My Auntie could have been my uncle if she had a pair of knackers 😂😂

if, if, if ( it’s a never ending Kipling poem) 

yet 50 years down the track & nothing, it’s not me being myopic, it’s me being realistic 

8 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

England don't really have depth in the centres though.

If Farnworth or Watkins gets injured then either Welsby, KPP or Bateman go into the centres.

I was one of the few that didn't mind Bennett picking Bateman in the centre. He didn't believe in the other options and I didn't either.

Theres percival and Gillard that didn't make the squad for different reasons as well

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

In his first England match with all the pressure and scrutiny which that brings, KPP made a wrong read of a wayward Greek pass early on that the recipient did extremely well to catch. Was the rest of his game a poor defensive performance? I don't recall it being particularly bad otherwise.

But yes, he's still got plenty of developing still to go and if the Knights can keep Dom Young, that could be an established and very useful centre/wing combination by the next time England play after the RWC.

England lost the last final 6-0 it only take one mistake at this level....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yipyee said:

England lost the last final 6-0 it only take one mistake at this level....

But who would debut a 21yo at centre in a World Cup final? A group match, like against Greece, is a completely different thing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

But who would debut a 21yo at centre in a World Cup final? A group match, like against Greece, is a completely different thing.

Agree, we were always going to win the game, its the comments that he's good to start there in proper games... he is not, he should probably be in the knights squad but because he plays for Wigan.....

1 hour ago, RippinandTearin said:

yet 50 years down the track & nothing, it’s not me being myopic, it’s me being realistic 

Mate, haven’t you got some unfortunate indigenous people to corral into a reservation somewhere? Thought you’d be too busy living in the 1970’s to waste time on here 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

13 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Mate, haven’t you got some unfortunate indigenous people to corral into a reservation somewhere? Thought you’d be too busy living in the 1970’s to waste time on here 

That was an unfortunate thing perpetrated by our British forebears, they did it all over the world unfortunately, the excesses of empire building eh? 

We've been trying to set things right ever since, so have plenty of other countries

Having lived in England im well aware of who’s living in the 1970s 😂

Edited by RippinandTearin

7 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

That was an unfortunate thing perpetrated by our British forebears, they did it all over the world unfortunately, the excesses of empire building eh? 

We've been trying to set things right ever since, so have plenty of other countries

Having lived in England im well aware of who’s living in the 1970s 😂

Do me a favour; I’ve lived in many ‘Western’ countries, including yours for many years, and Australia was the most racist by a county mile. 

Look, if I wanted to talk to a troll I’d take my goats for a walk over your bridge. Bye! 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Just now, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Do me a favour; I’ve lived in many ‘Western’ countries, including yours for many years, and Australia was the most racist by a county mile. 

Look, if I wanted to talk to a troll I’d take my goats for a walk over your bridge. Bye! 

You must be extremely blinkered or telling “pork pies” I’ve never seen anything like the EDL in Australia or what happened in Brixton or Tottenham or cities like Luton, Bradford etc where they’re forever on edge

Most endemic, systemic racism here was started by your mob 

12 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You must be extremely blinkered or telling “pork pies” I’ve never seen anything like the EDL in Australia or what happened in Brixton or Tottenham or cities like Luton, Bradford etc where they’re forever on edge

Most endemic, systemic racism here was started by your mob 

Delusional 

7 hours ago, RippinandTearin said:

ok, you’ve convinced me 😂

You still here? Pointless. Go play with your Lego 

20 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

England don't really have depth in the centres though.

If Farnworth or Watkins gets injured then either Welsby, KPP or Bateman go into the centres.

I was one of the few that didn't mind Bennett picking Bateman in the centre. He didn't believe in the other options and I didn't either.

You obviously didn't mind Ryan Hall being redundant for the whole tournament then?

20 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What position do you think Sinfield played for Leeds?

I know he was tried in various positions for England/GB just to put him in, but quite frankly as good as a domestic player he was he couldn't take that form with him or make the step up when playing against Aus or NZ.

14 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

You only see Newman in flashes though. Either injured or suspended.

And with his Dad's carry on, I wouldn't touch him until he can consistently show how good he is.

Farnworth has missed a lot of games over in the NRL but Broncos fans seem to love him... And they're at the lowest point they've ever been.

Newman only suspended once and that was ridiculous what the MRP did 

He'll get over the hamstring issues this year I am sure. I'm tipping him as a centre who will win Man of Steel this year ....he's an absolute weapon that kid

18 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed....some.good conditioning will add strength and he'll be a gun hopefully. Just not yet 

Surley you are not saying our Full Time System even with all the SH coaches we have employed is somewhat lacking in player development, and even under the coach of the year.

13 hours ago, RippinandTearin said:

Quite obviously you would have chosen the same player's as those coaches who are being criticised by @Hull Kingston Bronco did, in hindsight and looking at the results we would still have lost then. Waite and Nobel tried to play to Aussie system defensively but forgot that there are two facets to the game and didn't include those players who had the abillity to do things differently and make things happen with ball in hand.

16 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Thanks for expanding on your insightful reply 

Like I said pal, I don’t need to walk my goats across a bridge today so don’t need you at the moment 

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite obviously you would have chosen the same player's as those coaches who are being criticised by @Hull Kingston Bronco did, in hindsight and looking at the results we would still have lost then. Waite and Nobel tried to play to Aussie system defensively but forgot that there are two facets to the game and didn't include those players who had the abillity to do things differently and make things happen with ball in hand.

maybe Australia could have picked better teams to win more convincingly?

perhaps, perhaps, perhaps 😂

cmon man, it’s fifty feckin years…. FIFTY!!!!! 

49 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

maybe Australia could have picked better teams to win more convincingly?

perhaps, perhaps, perhaps 😂

cmon man, it’s fifty feckin years…. FIFTY!!!!! 

We are talking more like 20 years ago to the Waite/Nobel times, not 50 which incidentally I can go back to 63/64 series as 10 year old which we also lost, as we did with the 67/68 series so next year apart from '70 it is 60 years.

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We are talking more like 20 years ago to the Waite/Nobel times, not 50 which incidentally I can go back to 63/64 series as 10 year old which we also lost, as we did with the 67/68 series so next year apart from '70 it is 60 years.

No, I’m saying it’s been pretty much 50 plus years since England/ GB won anything significant, a series etc against Australia 

And we have a bloke here bemoaning selections in a single series 😂