Toulouse away

DEANO

Can’t knock the effort, ended up with no subs for last half hour, AJ looks like he has a bit of a knock, Ben Barnard too and Ronan out for at least 12 days with the head injury protocol. However, all that said with what we have had to deal with it could have been a lot worse. I am  sure a few more will come to Toulouse and get a real shellacking and concede more than we did. This was always going to be a tough ask, especially with the ridiculous five day turnaround. Hopefully the young guys will have learned a lot and gained from the experience. Bring on the Raiders next week!

• Like 6

Listening to the commentary last night it sounded like we put in a great effort with only 16 fit players available and 5 of those were under the age of 20 which bodes well for the future,but why the rfl sanctioned a game in Toulouse on a Saturday after we had played on a Monday night absolutely baffles me and needs to looked at to help other teams prepare more for the game,short term with our injury problems we are having at the moment wouldn't we be better off DR with a super league club to help us out and i know it doesn't sit well with a lot of supporters but you can't run a professional club with just 16 to 18 players every week .

• Like 2

The experience the youngsters got yesterday will help them develop and give them a lot of confidence. I'd rather see them in s York team than somebody on DR. Not only was the effort plain to see, these kids have a lot of talent. We lost 36 -0 to a full time team after a ridiculously short turn  around. Batley lost by the same score at Sheffield. Which performance was the best? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The experience the youngsters got yesterday will help them develop and give them a lot of confidence. I'd rather see them in s York team than somebody on DR. Not only was the effort plain to see, these kids have a lot of talent. We lost 36 -0 to a full time team after a ridiculously short turn  around. Batley lost by the same score at Sheffield. Which performance was the best? 

Not criticising the young lads,but you have to look after them,just pointing out that if we could get one or two in the short term and are up to championship level it would be a benefit to the team.

3 hours ago, Puk said:

Listening to the commentary last night it sounded like we put in a great effort with only 16 fit players available and 5 of those were under the age of 20 which bodes well for the future,but why the rfl sanctioned a game in Toulouse on a Saturday after we had played on a Monday night absolutely baffles me and needs to looked at to help other teams prepare more for the game,short term with our injury problems we are having at the moment wouldn't we be better off DR with a super league club to help us out and i know it doesn't sit well with a lot of supporters but you can't run a professional club with just 16 to 18 players every week .

I can't agree a semi professional club should be helping other teams to prepare for a game in Toulouse and I much prefer giving our young players a game rather than shipping some in on D.R. for a few weeks who don't know the systems or care about the Knights. Hendo spoke about his views on the subject in The Press the other day and I agreed with everything he said. I'm sure if he has to go down that route eventually he will do but I'm also sure it will be as a last resort. Having said that, I must agree we certainly got the wrong end of the stick when we got Toulouse away on a Saturday after a Monday night fixture. Typical R.L.!

• Like 4

agree that we shouldn't go down the D R route, was never a fan of it and it can easily be abused by teams either by bringing in what used to be called 'ringers' or by the donor team using the other to give game time to recovering players, surely that was what the old 'A Team' set up was for .

• Like 3