RL rules the South Pacific! PNG has 8 million more fans

Whatever the true number is we need to source out more money from both the PNG&Australian government’s, the NRL and big business in PNG for investment and creating more pathways for its RL players from schoolboy level to local leagues and then onto digicel cup level before finishing off for the hunters at the highest level.

Id also add another PNG team to the Queensland cup from Lae complete with junior sides at all 3 levels for both teams within the next 5 years.

34 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Whatever the true number is we need to source out more money from both the PNG&Australian government’s, the NRL and big business in PNG for investment and creating more pathways for its RL players from schoolboy level to local leagues and then onto digicel cup level before finishing off for the hunters at the highest level.

I'm not sure that should be down to us.  Personally, I've enough on my plate.

• Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

31 minutes ago, Griff said:

I'm not sure that should be down to us.  Personally, I've enough on my plate.

Are you Australian?

If yes the Australian government have talked about investing more into PNG to counter the rise of Chinese influence in the South Pacific.

30 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Are you Australian?

If yes the Australian government have talked about investing more into PNG to counter the rise of Chinese influence in the South Pacific.

Yeah - but you and I don't need to get involved.   Leave it to folk who know what they're doing.

40 minutes ago, Tosh said:

You don’t have to talk about it but I will talk about it on a RL discussion forum.

Ah - you're just going to talk about it.

I started to worry when you said "we need to source ......"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Jesus that's a grim one after been being initially cheered by this thread 

Watch Ross Kemp episode about there. Huge alcohol and drug addiction problems.

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Nothing you've written here relates to anything I wrote.

Better get that moving the goalposts gif out again.

I thought you were insinuating that because UK is smaller than PNG that this means PNG can fit many more people.

Debating the population of PNG hills are not the hills I will be dying on, I tell you.

It doesn't really matter whether there's 10m or 18m in PNG, the premise that RL rules the South Pacific still stands.

Australia + PNG alone confirms that but we also have genuine presence in NZ, Fiji, etc as well, it's the only region in the World where we can genuinely claim to be the most popular code.

• Like 1

Having thoroughly resea… done a bit of Googling about this. 

It appears that a lot of the Australian political support for an NRL PNG team is tied to soft power influence for promoting women’s wellness. 

As there has never been a multinational sports league between two nations so financially mismatched nations before- I like it as a carrot.

In the meantime though, considering there are double/lot more/the fella down the didn’t get counted in the highlands couldn’t another Queensland Cup team with both male and female pathways do a lot of good?