Elite 1 Round 9

14 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Any info on him mate?

age? Position? Toulouse academy product?

Believing he’s a sr/13 and played in Toulouse u19s last year so can’t be to old. Only seen him a few times but he’s a big powerful runner with decent ball skills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

I repeat, for accuracy,  important in my disciplines, why post in a General forum when there is a specific sub topic forum in which you could post.

Hasn’t it already been explained to you already mate?

you’re a self declared intelligent man, work it out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Believing he’s a sr/13 and played in Toulouse u19s last year so can’t be to old. Only seen him a few times but he’s a big powerful runner with decent ball skills.

Thanks.

sounds promising and good to hear Toulouse are producing French talent.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

That's your view

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

My intelligence is not self declared, it has been measured by others.

What I work out is that it those who repeatedly post on the General forum instead of the more appropriate one, as titled by those who run this Forum, would find their threads almost entirely unread by most, and engaged with by very few, which is fine.

1 minute ago, Number 16 said:

But he has a degree in Law, so he must get paid stupid bucks to argue about nothing.

and accountancy

As a Forensic Accountant, my firm prefers to not hire those with accounting degrees. It confers no discernible benefit to the job.

Degrees are two a penny anyway. The ability to learn is rarely linked to actual "intelligence". 

Politics is full of Oxbridge, for example.

Can anyone remember when this was a thread about Elite 1 instead of the myriad insecurities of our newest* crop of trolls?

*new-ish

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

That's your view

What I work out is that it those who repeatedly post on the General forum instead of the more appropriate one, as titled by those who run this Forum, would find their threads almost entirely unread by most, and engaged with by very few, which is fine.

Exactly.

and it doesn’t need an honours degree to work this out.

Does anyone know what happened to Lyon? I cannot seem to find them in any of the divisions. Did they go bust? 

I also noticed Vaulx-en-Velin in the third tier (Nationale) who I believe are also based in Lyon. So I wonder if that is where all of Lyon's players ended up?

2 minutes ago, langpark said:

Does anyone know what happened to Lyon? I cannot seem to find them in any of the divisions. Did they go bust? 

I also noticed Vaulx-en-Velin in the third tier (Nationale) who I believe are also based in Lyon. So I wonder if that is where all of Lyon's players ended up?

Lyon villeurbanne XIII?

3 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

That's your view

We live in France we don't have rules ask the pub landlord and when there are rules we just break them, yes it's djamels brother 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Looks like they dropped out of Elite 2 into the National Division, according to this from 2021: https://treizemondial.fr/lyon-villeurbanne-renonce-aussi-elite-2/

Partial translation: "After Toulon, it was Lyon-Villeurbanne who decided to withdraw from the Elite 2 one week before the resumption. Unlike Toulon, the club should play well this season but in the National Division. If the health crisis has allowed the Lyon club to pay off its debts to start again on solid financial bases, it has also decimated a workforce which has already been limited in recent years. Lyon-Villeurbanne therefore preferred to withdraw to rebuild."

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like they dropped out of Elite 2 into the National Division, according to this from 2021: https://treizemondial.fr/lyon-villeurbanne-renonce-aussi-elite-2/

Sadly, I believe they have gone bust. Here is the current Nationale table, they are nowhere, nor in Federale below that.

https://treizemondial.fr/classement-nationale-2022-2023/ 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, langpark said:

I've noticed a new club online called FC Lyon Rugby xiii. They also seem to be based in Villeurbanne so I wonder if it's the same club rebranded 

8 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I've noticed a new club online called FC Lyon Rugby xiii. They also seem to be based in Villeurbanne so I wonder if it's the same club rebranded 

I saw them too, they have not updated their facebook page since August though, so I wonder if that fizzled before it even got off the ground.

19 hours ago, Charlie said:

Wail skoundri(Toulouse) looks a decent player be good to see some of these lads get a run in the champ this year.

Yes, he should do. He is one of the lads that could step up to Championship after the Elite 1 season ends. 

Wail, Lima, Biscarro, Marguerite (again). I believe Laguerre will be with the seniors from January

• Like 1