Any way to subscribe and watch Super League from abroad?

NRL has the Watch NRL Overseas service. Not very cheap but it's worth the sacrifice. 

Some years ago there was a subscription with which you could watch SL games from outside England (and France). 

Is there something similar now? 

I'd be very interested. 

I "manage" to watch Challenge Cup matches through the BBC but would really like to watch SL games from here (ITA). 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

15 hours ago, MatthewWoody said:

NRL has the Watch NRL Overseas service. Not very cheap but it's worth the sacrifice. 

Some years ago there was a subscription with which you could watch SL games from outside England (and France). 

Is there something similar now? 

I'd be very interested. 

I "manage" to watch Challenge Cup matches through the BBC but would really like to watch SL games from here (ITA). 

Short answer ....legally NO.

• Sad 1

Could it be done using an Amazon Firestick that has been...errmm...adapted?!?!

Whistling | ID#: 221 | Animoticons.com

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The SLTV service ran for a good few years for fans outside UK, France, Aust, NZ, etc. It was a decently priced package that offered the two live SKY matches every week.

It was abandoned midseason in 2021 with no explanation or apology and that was the end of coverage.

I was going to put "over to you IMG" but I'm not sure if it's part of their remit.

On 23/12/2022 at 10:19, Old Frightful said:

Could it be done using an Amazon Firestick that has been...errmm...adapted?!?!

Whistling | ID#: 221 | Animoticons.com

See Yanto's reply above.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The last attempt to stream SL outside the UK  was a tin pot effort that stopped with no  explination and no refund . 

Customer care was   S###

Compapared to a decent priced "Watch NRL .com"  which gives every NRL game live or on demand plus all the RL shows  and I pay for ......it was a ###### poor effort.

A what they call "Jaibreaked" firestick is the only way at the moment to watch a decent stream.

Not hat I would do it 🙃

Plenty of illegal poor quality streams around but why oh why can SL EUROPE !!!! Not make games available at a decent price and a decent quality outside the UK !!!!

Loads of European countries are taking up the game ...give them a chance to watch it....it can only be in everyones benefit in the long run.

Edited by yanto
  • Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 03:35, marklaspalmas said:

The SLTV service ran for a good few years for fans outside UK, France, Aust, NZ, etc. It was a decently priced package that offered the two live SKY matches every week.

It was abandoned midseason in 2021 with no explanation or apology and that was the end of coverage.

I was going to put "over to you IMG" but I'm not sure if it's part of their remit.

If I recall correctly, I don't believe it was available in the US, got a "not available in your location" message.

I think in the US, its still on Fox Socccer Plus which is 20-25 dollars a month add to whatever livetv streaming service its available on, so not the most consumer friendly price for 2-3 matches a week especially compared to watch NRL and its possible the matches get bumped for random summer youth soccer tournaments.

I wish they'd give the package to a more mainstream service like ESPN+ for a short period (1-3 years) and just ask them to advertise the matches, build up a niche fanbase, and try to monetize it from there. Thats probably easier said that done though...

17 hours ago, binosh said:

No because no one in Europe can be bothered televising the games and Sky our employer can’t sell dishes in France or Spain. 

And there's no point selling them in Greece.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• 10 months later...

Not that I'm aware of. I get watchnrl it cost me about £130 which I think was actually a bargain. 

I got every game every week live. They stagger the kick offs to maximise TV coverage. 

All NRL and NRLW games. All origin post season Pacific nation's internationals and occasionally qcup/NSW cup.

It's something like 300 games. If I wanted SL Id pay alot more for slot less via sky and then with concurrent kickoffs you have to pick and choose which to watch live.

• Like 1