Brodie Croft signs for Salford till 2030

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I know what you mean about Jacko although he played well for Wigan he never seemed quite what he was at SRD.

Hastings was indeed better at Salford but some players just play better as the big fish in a small pond. At Salford he was the main man who controlled everything and he was never going to be able to do that at Wigan. 

16 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

The story made its way to news.com.au.

I thought he had a game left in him before he was relinquished by the NRL clubs. There are average halves in the NRL right now that Croft would make an improvement on.

Good on Salford.

edit note: I have no idea how well he has performed in the SL. Has he been good?

Nope he's absolutely terrible, worse than Liam Foran in fact!😭 Please spread the word over there that he should never be allowed back in the land of Kangaroos & Koalas and you should forget that he ever once disgraced your esteemed competition!🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

The story made its way to news.com.au.

I thought he had a game left in him before he was relinquished by the NRL clubs. There are average halves in the NRL right now that Croft would make an improvement on.

Good on Salford.

edit note: I have no idea how well he has performed in the SL. Has he been good?

Oz media in a state of shock .... they've earned it, lets hope there's more things like this.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Hastings was indeed better at Salford but some players just play better as the big fish in a small pond. At Salford he was the main man who controlled everything and he was never going to be able to do that at Wigan. 

Then that's Wigan's problem, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Then that's Wigan's problem, I'm afraid.

Its not a problem, its what has happened time and again when players move. Teams have different structures, styles of play, players and dynamics. Hastings had a role in the Wigan team that was different than his role at Salford. His role at Wests was different again. It is what is best for the team v what is best for the individual. Could Lam have utilised Hastings better?  For sure but that applies to the entire team too.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Oz media in a state of shock .... they've earned it, let’s hope there's more things like this.

Pardon me, this comment has gone straight over my head. I really don’t know what you’re trying to say here.

57 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its not a problem, its what has happened time and again when players move. Teams have different structures, styles of play, players and dynamics. Hastings had a role in the Wigan team that was different than his role at Salford. His role at Wests was different again. It is what is best for the team v what is best for the individual. Could Lam have utilised Hastings better?  For sure but that applies to the entire team too.

All i meant was it's Wigan's problem if they have less of a player for whatever reason, not my team's and not mine!

21 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Pardon me, this comment has gone straight over my head. I really don’t know what you’re trying to say here.

Sorry I can't help you as I can't see what's difficult about the post or exactly what you have a problem understanding.

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

All i meant was it's Wigan's problem if they have less of a player for whatever reason, not my team's and not mine!

I have had to re-read the last few posts just to confirm, but where did anyone say it was your team's, or you personally were at fault for Hastings playing differently for Wigan rather than Salford

13 minutes ago, Click said:

I have had to re-read the last few posts just to confirm, but where did anyone say it was your team's, or you personally were at fault for Hastings playing differently for Wigan rather than Salford

You don't have to deliberately misunderstand to cause an issue that isn't there clikbait.

It was all covered fairly easily which is unusual on social media.

38 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Sorry I can't help you as I can't see what's difficult about the post or exactly what you have a problem understanding.

Well, your comment had no substance. What do you mean the Aussie media earned it?

I don’t think the Aus media were in shock, they just found it a reportable story. What do you mean they were in shock?

“let’s hope there are more things like” what? Aussie media in shock? Australian halfbacks signing long contracts with Salford?

I found the response to be obscure and without definition. That’s why I asked, what do you mean?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Well, your comment had no substance. What do you mean the Aussie media earned it?

I don’t think the Aus media were in shock, they just found it a reportable story. What do you mean they were in shock?

“let’s hope there are more things like” what? Aussie media in shock? Australian halfbacks signing long contracts with Salford?

I found the response to be obscure and without definition. That’s why I asked, what do you mean?

You really need to take it easy SP you're becoming a little vague.

Just because you don't agree with a post doesn't mean you have criticise it. You could just let it go, .... or so I'm told on good authority.

Edited by Oxford
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Croft has been great for Salford, his wife's family are UK based so maybe it makes sense. He sounded really affected by the way he was treated in many ways very much like Hastings.

Great for Salford, good players in the league are needed so its nice to reverse the trend. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oxford said:

You really need to take it easy SP you're becoming a little vague.

Just because you don't agree with a post doesn't mean you have criticise it. You could just let it go, .... or so I'm told on good authority.

Guess I’ll have to let it go. I still don’t know whether I agree or disagree 😂 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Guess I’ll have to let it go. I still don’t know whether I agree or disagree 😂 

Me neither and sometimes I think we have enormous arguments on threads about the miniscule ideas that separate us!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Nope he's absolutely terrible, worse than Liam Foran in fact!😭 Please spread the word over there that he should never be allowed back in the land of Kangaroos & Koalas and you should forget that he ever once disgraced your esteemed competition!🙂

I can only assume Brodie doesn't have a brother ! we would have signed the wrong one if he did 🤣

• Haha 1

I have to say I've loved every moment of this  story's effect on different parts of TGG, right up to Brodie's "This club believes in me" It has poduce all sorts of responses that have reminded me how much fun RL can be.

More importantly, Brodie seems to love SRD as much as it loves him. That's fascinating and wonderful in these times.

Salford plough pretty much every penny they have into the first team and 'pre-IMG' that was OK. It's worked well for them.

I can understand that they didn't want to lose Brodie Croft and it would have been a blow to their self esteem if they had not been able to keep him. 

All the same committing marquee wages for any player for 8 years is not good business for a club whose only real income is Super League TV money. They seem to think that Croft is another Roger Millward, Alex Murphy or Ellery Hanley but sorry no way.

In my opinion they have paid way over the odds for Brodie Croft and for way too long. Well before the end of his contract they will be looking for someone to take over what will become a huge liability for the club. I can see him becoming for Salford what Iestyn Harris was for Bradford.

IMG will rightly demand far more from SL clubs than spending every penny on the first team and I believe this is a massive miscalculation from Salford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Salford plough pretty much every penny they have into the first team and 'pre-IMG' that was OK. It's worked well for them.

I can understand that they didn't want to lose Brodie Croft and it would have been a blow to their self esteem if they had not been able to keep him. 

All the same committing marquee wages for any player for 8 years is not good business for a club whose only real income is Super League TV money. They seem to think that Croft is another Roger Millward, Alex Murphy or Ellery Hanley but sorry no way.

In my opinion they have paid way over the odds for Brodie Croft and for way too long. Well before the end of his contract they will be looking for someone to take over what will become a huge liability for the club. I can see him becoming for Salford what Iestyn Harris was for Bradford.

IMG will rightly demand far more from SL clubs than spending every penny on the first team and I believe this is a massive miscalculation from Salford.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I have to say I've loved every moment of this  story's effect on different parts of TGG, right up to Brodie's "This club believes in me" It has poduce all sorts of responses that have reminded me how much fun RL can be.

More importantly, Brodie seems to love SRD as much as it loves him. That's fascinating and wonderful in these times.

But I admit I've enjoyed the stuff that's the most negative because it has all the hallmarks of my favourite comedy programmes.

12 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Shows how little you know about Salford and it's pathways 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Good read, but overall money talks, so we may keep a few and get a few bit the directions are mostly the other way.