Chairman

The Voodooguru

It was surprising to see our chairman stepping down. He has been one of our quieter chairman and kept a relatively low profile from my perception.

Thanks to him for all his efforts in the hot seat, although it seems he will still have his hand in the new Borough Park stand.

Let's hope he gets us something suitable to watch rugby league from instead of a football ground with some blue seats.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

there seems to be all kinds of plans being formulated in the background which all bodes well for the future as we seem to have a realistic plan of progression in the making !

I don't personally know the ex-Chair, seemed a decent bloke but I'm sure he departs with everyone's best wishes.

I've said before that anyone who puts themselves forward to serve as an unpaid director at our level deserves respect as its a thankless job

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Do we have a new chairman in place now? And who is currently on the board?

The current board is Gary Murdock, Kerry Harrison, Graeme Peers and Mark McSherry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Sorry to hear that John is stepping down, he's done a great job helping to turn the club around in the last 6 months. Dave Bowden stepped down as Reds chairman to concentrate on securing the new stadium, is John doing the same I wonder. ?

https://www.townrlfc.com/article/750/john-pleasants-steps-down-as-chairman-and-director-at-town-

Yes he is, the reason hes stepping down is he cant commit to both the clubs needs and the stadiums, so is going to concentrate on the stadium. I think the fact both the chairman have stepped town to put all efforts into gettingbte stadium done shows they know the importance of it 

• Like 1