9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So you can see how a long term vision is better than short term thinking when it comes to coaches being brought in to rebuild a squad!

That’s exactly my point

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Dropping him? Last night was the only game Leeming was dropped from - after hed put the transfer request in.

JJB has said more or less and if you take the sugar coating off it that Smith basically thinks Kruise is pants 👖 and sees O'connor as a better fit as he will do as he's told! So.......

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, V02 said:

Leeds haven't got rid of anyone. Leeming asked for a release.

He's about the 3rd reserve outside back.

How many moments of magic did Leeming produce last year from Round 12 onwards?

He was worse than O'Connor during the time Smith has been here. Why would you give your captaincy to a player who has been outperformed by a "squad player level second row" in his chosen position?

Yes it seems like Leeming wasn't prepared to fight for his spot,thing is what happens if O'connor gets injured?

3 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

JJB has said more or less and if you take the sugar coating off it that Smith basically thinks Kruise is pants 👖 and sees O'connor as a better fit as he will do as he's told! So.......

I don’t dispute that (well I don’t think Smith thinks leeming is pants), and results with OConner starting since Smith came in back that up. Leeming dropped down the pecking order as starting hooker but was never ‘dropped’ until he asked to leave.

If Leeming wants to go as he doesn’t want to play the role the coach wants him to what do you expect the club to do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V02 said:

Johnson has been 18th man for the last two games.

If he was good enough he would have been tried out before now,also his style is more off the cuff not just farming out to the halfbacks which is what Smith wants.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Then that’s Leemings issue, Smiths philosophy is a team first one.

Were talking about Kruise Leeming here, not James Roby

I'm not saying Smith is wrong if he doesn't want to play for Leeds let him go! Just don't replace him with another Olpherts standard player simply not good enough for the Rhinos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

If he was good enough he would have been tried out before now,also his style is more off the cuff not just farming out to the halfbacks which is what Smith wants.

Johnsons style isn’t off the cuff, he’s got great distribution, he’s a classic style hooker, i reckon hes just the type of player smith likes, maybe now he’ll get his chance.

37 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Johnsons style isn’t off the cuff, he’s got great distribution, he’s a classic style hooker, i reckon hes just the type of player smith likes, maybe now he’ll get his chance.

Classic like Colin Maskill or more classic like David Ward. 

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

As assistant last year you'd think this is a reasonably informed summary.

On 17/03/2023 at 17:31, Tippytoe said:

I doubt that is what Smith wants. I think it's more about appropriate timing and play choice. O'Connor will just give the ball to the halves, while Leeming would often not give the ball when he needed to. The ideal is they get it when they should, and the 9 keeps it otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, V02 said:

Indeed, and seems to suggest that if you are a hooker "with a rugby brain", Rohan Smith's teams will not be the place for you.

Explains a lot.

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed, and seems to suggest that if you are a hooker "with a rugby brain", Rohan Smith's teams will not be the place for you.

Explains a lot.

A pretty laughable interpretation. His last hooker in QCup was him signing Danny Levi who is very much a "rugby brain". A rugby brain also involves giving the ball to the halves when the situation demands it. 

Edited by V02
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, V02 said:

A pretty laughable interpretation. His last hooker in QCup was him signing Danny Levi who is very much a "rugby brain". A rugby brain also involves giving the ball to the halves when the situation demands it. 

That is literally what JJB says in his comments. 

1 hour ago, V02 said:

I doubt that is what Smith wants. I think it's more about appropriate timing and play choice. O'Connor will just give the ball to the halves, while Leeming would often not give the ball when he needed to. The ideal is they get it when they should, and the 9 keeps it otherwise. 

So a dumbing down of a hookers duties or a kind of robot 🤖 

On 17/03/2023 at 17:34, Tippytoe said:

I'm not saying Smith is wrong if he doesn't want to play for Leeds let him go! Just don't replace him with another Olpherts standard player simply not good enough for the Rhinos.

Olpherts was outstanding on Thursday night 

15 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

So a dumbing down of a hookers duties or a kind of robot 🤖 

It's a really weird school of thought you have that the hooker plays on his own rather than in combination with the other spine players. A dumbing down of a hookers duties is thinking he's the only one who can call a play and that he has no need to give the halves the ball at any point.

16 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That is literally what JJB says in his comments. 

Can you show me which comment JJB made that said Rohan Smith doesn't want a hooker with a rugby brain?

22 minutes ago, V02 said:

Can you show me which comment JJB made that said Rohan Smith doesn't want a hooker with a rugby brain?

"Kruise has a rugby player's brain and he thinks, you contrast him to Paul McShane, his addition is exactly what Castleford need, and Leeds need Jarrod O'Connor"

Taken out of a wider comment by JJB and Barrie McDermott around how Smith wants a hooker who just passes to the halfbacks.

I think it just comes down to this.

Smith prefers O Conner as a starting 9, Leeming wants to be starting 9 and has ambitions of gettIng into the England side, so he thinks the best way to do this is join another club as starting hooker.

Leeds agree he can leave if he wants.

This doesn’t mean theres been a big falling out or Smith has purposely ‘undermined’ him. It’s a short career if Leeming isn’t happy then he should find a club that fits better.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Olpherts was outstanding on Thursday night 

The post you responded made me sad  " ...not good enough for the Rhinos" I didn't know how to respond to it that wouldn't get me into trouble with the admin on here.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political