Fri 14th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

22 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

To be fair that was Leeds’ most complete performance of the year, but Hull do look shot

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

19 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Need to sort the first 15/20 mins still do that and they beat anyone. 

They didn’t need to do much in the first twenty just soak up the initial pressure.

The young Hull fullback was their only positive 

Dwyer showed why we didn’t keep him his distribution from DH is woeful 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

They didn’t need to do much in the first twenty just soak up the initial pressure.

Davy Litten is a cracking player. He will have been all the better for getting a run in his preferred fullback position.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

True but against better teams they'll get punished. 

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I simply cannot remember a time, as a Hull fan, when there has been so much despondence surrounding the club.

Very sad.

Beaten before we got on the bus. The fans knew it, the coaching staff knew it and worst of all so did the players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

How long before it's " taxi for tony?" 

The coach isn’t the problem, Hull FC have been like this for a few years and 3 coaches.

There’s something deeper within the organisation IMO.

How many hammerings have they had in the last 4 years?

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

The coach isn’t the problem, Hull FC have been like this for a few years and 3 coaches.

Sounds like Chelsea FC. Changing coaches can be too easy a solution if an expensive one. (I presume RL coaches get a pay out if let go within their contract period). 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

:kolobok_suicide:

Look at it this way Goose....Leeds won a single game in their first 10 last year (or something like that) and ended up at OT 

Seasons can turn around very quickly! I hope to god you don't sack Smith as he is better than any other option I can think of to start turning things 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

How do they compare financially.to the other big clubs? I have it in my head that they are one of if not THE most affluent? 

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Look at it this way Goose....Leeds won a single game in their first 10 last year (or something like that) and ended up at OT 

Seasons can turn around very quickly! I hope to god you don't sack Smith as he is better than any other option I can think of to start turning things 

It took a change of coach to turn Leeds’ season around though.

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I get that but Agar was a cause of the woes over a decent period (despite the CC win) ....I can see how Tony Smith is at fault....they might even be in a worse state of he hadn't come in 

Oh they’d be mad to get rid of TS.

Its clear the coach isn’t the issue at the club, its been going in for a few years, they need a total clearout

• Like 2

My mate just sent me a text to let me know BBC4 are showing an episode of Ripping Yarns tonight.

He added "Thankfully it's not Golden Gordon, that's a bit too close to home at the moment."

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

My mate just sent me a text to let me know BBC4 are showing an episode of Ripping Yarns tonight.

He added "Thankfully it's not Golden Gordon, that's a bit too close to home at the moment."

I'd never get the clock through the front window anyway.

It's still boarded up after Good Friday.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Oh they’d be mad to get rid of TS.

Its clear the coach isn’t the issue at the club, its been going in for a few years, they need a total clearout

Who is included in the total? I'm really intrigued by this post?

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just a turn of phrase.

Hull need a shake up, they need to get rid of the rot, that might need getting rid of Pearson first!

Wow "Get rid of Pearson" the implications of this is difficult as  practically everything that is in place will have gone through him.