NCL Attendances

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Probably a bit niche this, even for the TRL forum, but does anyone know what sort of attendances any NCL clubs get? I’ve looked online and can’t see anything published. Thanks. 

I've never seen them posted anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Probably a bit niche this, even for the TRL forum, but does anyone know what sort of attendances any NCL clubs get? I’ve looked online and can’t see anything published. Thanks. 

Some of the West Cumbrian derbies get good crowds,a few Wath Brow/ Egremont games have drew 4 figure attendances over the last decade & the Wath Brow/Kells & Egremont/Kells games getting well into the hundreds.

• Like 2

Followed one particular NCL club for years.

As for attendances it varies massively club to club.

I would guess the average attendance across the competition to be 100-150. 10 Years ago I would have put the figure at 150-200. Definitely numbers down these days overall in my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some will get a few dozen, others a few hundred.

Recent St Pats - Rose Bridge Challenge Cup game had in region of 1250 to 1,500 based on gate take.

And the players tend to pay to play, although always rumours of some teams who might be foolish enough to share what little income they have players on occasion. 

• Like 3

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

The "where did you go today" thread on the community RL forum often has people's estimates of attendances at NCL games. I watched quite a few games at Heworth and York Acorn last season, certainly never saw under 100 people for their home games and over 300 on occasion, with admission prices at £2.50 (Heworth) and £3 (Acorn). 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Some will get a few dozen, others a few hundred.

Recent St Pats - Rose Bridge Challenge Cup game had in region of 1250 to 1,500 based on gate take.

And the players tend to pay to play, although always rumours of some teams who might be foolish enough to share what little income they have players on occasion. 

Just checked it out on YouTube.

16 hours ago, EggFace said:

Is NCL amatuer or do you get £20 for a game ?

Most players pay to play, in the past rumours some clubs paid but that is very rare, most clubs struggle to break even never mind pay players. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anything from a dozen up to a few thousand - very rarely counted or logged anywhere