Fri 12th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Leopards KO 19:45

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/23 at 19:15

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So no respect to Leigh?

Get that chip off your shoulder. I haven't seen the game, but to win by 26 I would imagine Leigh have played very well and I have been impressed with what they have done so far this year.

But Huddersfield (who weren't exactly going great guns anyway) have just lost to a team on a 7 game losing streak, being nilled, and then very nearly got nilled again in a comprehensive home defeat against the newly promoted club. Given their spend and the squad Watson has at his disposal that just isn't acceptable.

• Like 1

I didn’t think Leigh would go down this season but they have even surprised me. They have been fantastic, Josh Charnley has been a top signing, it must be great to be a Leigh fan at the moment.
My bets i put on are abysmal but i am going to put an each way bet on Leigh to win the Challenge Cup. Sorry Leigh fans. 

• Like 2

Another absolutely horrific, effort lacking performance from us - again Connor and Lolohea the 2 worst players on the pitch, again a team doesn't even break sweat to beat us, just pick up from our mistakes or lack of basic effort as was the case tonight.

We are awful but i blame the players, 3-4 weeks ago we easily beat Salford and Catalans but since then the performances individually and collectively have gone downhill at an alarming rate.

God knows what Watto does here as he's changed the team enough as it is and has always said players not performing won't play, well 2 of them in particulary haven't been dropped yet despite being bloody awful!!!.

Fair play to Leigh too they took full advantage of our 'efforts' and looked very, very comfortable.

Sadly this was a no contest, Leigh had more energy, more desire and took their chances, most handed to them on a plate by some shocking stuff from the Giants.

Even without Tui's brainfarts handing Leigh 3 tries they were still far too good for us.

Sad times at the Giants as we look well and truly devoid of ideas, energy and belief.

We need a big few weeks!

Well done to the Leythers.

44 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Another absolutely horrific, effort lacking performance from us - again Connor and Lolohea the 2 worst players on the pitch, again a team doesn't even break sweat to beat us, just pick up from our mistakes or lack of basic effort as was the case tonight.

We are awful but i blame the players, 3-4 weeks ago we easily beat Salford and Catalans but since then the performances individually and collectively have gone downhill at an alarming rate.

God knows what Watto does here as he's changed the team enough as it is and has always said players not performing won't play, well 2 of them in particulary haven't been dropped yet despite being bloody awful!!!.

Fair play to Leigh too they took full advantage of our 'efforts' and looked very, very comfortable.

How did Kevvie Naiqama play daz ?. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I didn’t think Leigh would go down this season but they have even surprised me. They have been fantastic, Josh Charnley has been a top signing, it must be great to be a Leigh fan at the moment.
My bets i put on are abysmal but i am going to put an each way bet on Leigh to win the Challenge Cup. Sorry Leigh fans. 

Full credit has to go to Adrian Lam and Chris Chester. They've performed nothing short of a miracle building the best Leigh team and culture of the SL era in less than 18 months after picking up the pieces of an awful 2021. Yes there have been sizeable funds made available by DB, but plenty of teams have thrown money to no avail in the past(including Leigh 2015-2018). 

If someone told me in September 2021 that in less than 2 years Adrian Lam would not only have Leigh in the SL playoffs, but doing so with an attractive brand of attacking rugby I'd have called to get them sectioned under the mental health act.

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Most ever wins for us in SL and still only May, first ever 4 in a row and still having a 100% record against Yorkshire teams this season. Dreamland....

Checked the history books and I believe the last time Leigh won 4 consecutive games in the top tier, the 4th was Whitehaven away in 1982 to lift the league title.