Sheffield tonigh

DEANO

Just listened to the interview on the knights website from Hendo after the Sheffield game don't know if he's trying to convince himself the players or the supporters that we are still in the race for a top six finish.

11 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

At the end of the day Clint is a joke and if we don't get a super league slot he will be off like a bullet from a gun. I have said it before he is another John  Baychelor from the york city days. Some won't agree with me but I am fed up up with those who think otherwise

Would certainly help if Clint would actually speak to the fans or Andy on what is actually going on at the moment at the knights.

11 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

At the end of the day Clint is a joke and if we don't get a super league slot he will be off like a bullet from a gun. I have said it before he is another John  Baychelor from the york city days. Some won't agree with me but I am fed up up with those who think otherwise

If we don't get to superleague in his allotted 5 year plan he would be right to sell up and leave , but please give Clint and Hendo a chance don't forget it's only year 1 and if you had any current superleague coach in charge of the knights this season I doubt they would make much impact with the current injury woes we have ,most weeks he's only had 18 to choose from.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

If we don't get to superleague in his allotted 5 year plan he would be right to sell up and leave , but please give Clint and Hendo a chance don't forget it's only year 1 and if you had any current superleague coach in charge of the knights this season I doubt they would make much impact with the current injury woes we have ,most weeks he's only had 18 to choose from.

Agree totally, however a bit more communication would be good, I think we were spoiled a bit when John Flatman was the owner he liked engaging with the fans. We do need to start putting in some results too, tough as it is with our unprecedented injury crisis, I don’t think anyone could have done any better in the circumstances without spending a heap of money and bringing more players in and that is no guarantee of success either.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 08:07, Expatknight said:

I can’t see an early end to our problems, we have four difficult games coming up, Leigh, well we all know how that will end up, sadly we could pick up more injuries as they are quite physical and our guys are absolutely done in, the younger players are not ready to be exposed to this level of intensity and could easily have whatever confidence they have left knocked out of them. Then Fev, Haven and Fax, all in the space of a week, absolute madness. You have to feel for the players they are getting knocked about and there is no time to recover. It is time for Clint to bring in some new blood, god knows where he will get them from now though, and who in their right mind would want to come with the situation as it is? The players we need to get us through this need to be seasoned pros not young kids who can get stuck in, sadly they cost money and have to be available you can’t just magic players up. The injury crisis we have is unprecedented in the time I have been following York, I can’t imagine what Hendo must be going through he can’t buy a win at the moment, and it is not through lack of effort we just don’t have the players pure and simple.

Brendan Santi was watching to game tonight and I did wonder what he was thinking....

12 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

You might not like him and that is absolutely your right, but he is not even in the same league as John Batchelor. Nowhere near.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Agree George. A bit of common sense on here for a change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Barrow and Whitehaven both winning midway through the second half, with Swinton not far behind in their match either. If the scores stay the way they are at the moment we are well and truly in a relegation battle.

Better than having dead rubbers for the rest of the season

• Like 1

just re-watched the highlights ? you get a different perspective on screen and I must say it didn't look any better ! 

If we don't get some fit bodies in for next week it will be carnage which sadly will have a knock on effect to the followng week when we get the ridiculous 3 games in 7 days, what about the protocols surrounding player welfare that are supposed to be in place these days?. You have to feel for the guys.

I do understand the hurt that some fans take out of a defeat, particularly if they have travelled and paid money to watch a heavy defeat, but I've seen some comments that can't be deemed to be fair

Made a few random notes relistening to the first half on Friday.

We gave a penalty away with seconds and were immediately under pressure.

The Eagles came out very fast and were prepared to put the ball through hands and were incisive in their running.

We had a shocking number of errors, both handing and penalties conceded in that first half which more than likely contributed to the two tries that killed us just ahead of the break.

We spent almost all of that first half under the cosh after a five day turnaround.

I am told that a Knights player I won't name, allegedly, used an elbow in a tackle in the first half, which only served to wind up players like Sene-Lafao to bigger efforts. If you were there, you will guess who it was given the 'attention' the Eagles paid him thereafter!

We were slow and pedestrian moving the ball and lacked both enterprise and intensity compared to the Eagles, who had 17 players who were right up to it.

I had a chat to Tubby immediately prior to my Hendo post-match interview and he said that he wouldn't want to be in Hendo's shoes at the moment given the injury/player situation.

I think some of our players would give anything for the two week break I've got next......

On another subject, apologies for the ever-changing qualities of the broadcast on Friday. We were relying on the stadium internet and, once the stand filled up, it wasn't up to it. To add insult to injury I locked myself out of my car and Sparky got locked into the other car park!  😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Expatknight said:

just re-watched the highlights ? you get a different perspective on screen and I must say it didn't look any better ! 

If we don't get some fit bodies in for next week it will be carnage which sadly will have a knock on effect to the followng week when we get the ridiculous 3 games in 7 days, what about the protocols surrounding player welfare that are supposed to be in place these days?. You have to feel for the guys.

It is what it is. There are no free weekends left in the season. Nothing can be done about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

It is what it is. There are no free weekends left in the season. Nothing can be done about it.

At least it's a training session less they won't get injured in...

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 12/06/2023 at 13:28, andyacko said:

I am told that a Knights player I won't name, allegedly, used an elbow in a tackle in the first half, which only served to wind up players like Sene-Lafao to bigger efforts. If you were there, you will guess who it was given the 'attention' the Eagles paid him thereafter!

Hmm! Tubby wasn't wrong, it seems....

• Like 1