v Keighley.

RLDB

2 winnable games coming up in the next two weeks that we need to take full advantage of. Lower down teams seem to be capable of being anyone at the moment so we desperately need 4 points from the next 2 games. It will be a tough game tomorrow but we can most definitely win. COYR 

• Like 1

Dragged over the line but conditions were tough. 

Keighley have lost a lot of games recently without Chisholm who played today and he's their best player by a mile. 

We need to execute better, we were winning in yardage but made some daft plays at times. 

In positives Ben Evans had his best game in a raiders shirt by a mile and if he plays like that he will be an asset to us. I also don't think we have had a more clear player of the year than Danny Langtree he's been absolutely superb. 

If we win next week and Swinton lose it gives us a gap. Keighley and York are now in the mix. We just need points on the board. 

If also comment the atmosphere after games is fantastic. At least 400 people sat in the sun listening to the presentations. Great to see. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RSN said:

Keighley have lost a lot of games recently without Chisholm who played today and he's their best player by a mile. 

We need to execute better, we were winning in yardage but made some daft plays at times. 

In positives Ben Evans had his best game in a raiders shirt by a mile and if he plays like that he will be an asset to us. I also don't think we have had a more clear player of the year than Danny Langtree he's been absolutely superb. 

If we win next week and Swinton lose it gives us a gap. Keighley and York are now in the mix. We just need points on the board. 

If also comment the atmosphere after games is fantastic. At least 400 people sat in the sun listening to the presentations. Great to see. 

Cudnt agree more with you. danny langtree has been Barras best player this year by far. 

I'm gonna throw Broadys name into the hat for POTY. Another great performance from him. Got no fingers let alone finger nails left after that 😂 Just to top it off, an in off the post kick from Ryan Shaw! Him being the best kicker in the league makes a massive difference for us. Fantastic 2 points, can't wait til next week

• Like 1

Well. That was exciting I think. I thought we were in control until the substitutions then went to rat sh.t. We were doing well then they let Chisolm run and dictate, until then he was anonymous. 

We must of bombed 4 tries and if we had taken the 2 on a couple of occasions would of been more comfortable as they came back at us and scored.

A win is a great win and other results this week were ok. 

Think Sammut looked injured at the end so might be a miss next week but every confidence in Archer if he plays. He is the future after this season I think. 

Anyway more positives than negatives so onward and upwards 

• Like 1

Keighley FB said the penalty count was 1 - 11.

I don't know if that's true but we only just squeezed a 2 point win, thanks to 2 lucky bounces on kicks and once again having a better goal-kicker than our opponents.

Swiss cheese defence at times and am wondering why?

Assume Cresswell was struggling, as he swapped with Broadbent on the wing.

Highlight of the game for me was Josh Woods crunching tackle that sent one of their hardmen to the side-lines - geez that must have hurt....

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 2

Massively frustrating for all I reckon,big error from the coach not taking the two points on offer at 6-0 up.

I hate having a dig at Cresta but I reckon that was a ###### up,in the end we got out of jail.

Ryan Shaw cool as a cucumber with the touch line conversion,he won us that game.MOM for me after that😇👌🏻

• Like 3

What a dirty win that was .. once Keighley knew we were there for the taking after the 1st 20 mins they upped their intensity and our defence started to buckle. To be honest we are so disjointed and look like a team of individuals who haven't trained together in months!!  I'm not sure what the hell is going on behind the scenes but with Jake and Tom leaving something isn't right to me

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Can’t grumble too much with a win but still seeing the same mistakes every week and defensive lapses in vital times of the game. Shout to Greg Burke who I thought did well today, certainly better than what we’ve seen previously this season. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Massively frustrating for all I reckon,big error from the coach not taking the two points on offer at 6-0 up.

I hate having a dig at Cresta but I reckon that was a ###### up,in the end we got out of jail.

Ryan Shaw cool as a cucumber with the touch line conversion,he won us that game.MOM for me after that😇👌🏻

Your point taken, but unfortunately the Raiders rarely take the penalty points on offer, which can often make all the difference in close games.

eg. We lost to our relegation rivals Whitehaven and Swinton by 2 points and drew with Newcastle. That's 5 league points gone begging which would have put us mid-table.

Given Shaws goal-kicking is our strength, probably the best in the league, we should take these sure points and then we get the ball back. 

Cresta should consider this game management approach against the bottom 6 teams.

In International Rugby Union, any penalties inside the opponents half mean a kick at goal. Granted they are worth 3 points, but in rugby league 2 x 2 point penalties = 4 points, the same as a try.

• Like 1

Just reading the comments from your game today, sounds a scrappy win but as the saying goes, a win is a win. Looking at the table I reckon 2/3 more wins for both Barrow and Haven could see both clubs survive. Just hope Newcastle and Swinton keep losing to make it a little less pressure! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RSN said:

Thought their 27 Adebiyi was the best player he had a great game, Cougars were very dangerous and were probably the better team, I expect both teams and Haven to stay up comfortably

• Like 1
richiekeay.gif

I agree that we seem to fade when the interchanges are made - especially when Woods goes off. Our game management is poor at times. For the life of me I cannot think why Jarrod Sammut went for the drop goal. If he had got it we would have been more than a penalty in front but on the other hand if it had been successful they would have been kicking off into our half with all the dangers that brings. We'd have a been far better kicking into the corner and making them go the length of the field. 

Possibly a lot of it is to do with confidence and scraping a win might give them a boost.

• Like 1