The Oldham Game

jroyales

Looking forward to coming over on Friday. It's a shame we will be without of our two form players for this game. Suspended for one game by a Dewsbury ref.

Coming over on a Friday night isn't the best due to the traffic. What's the best route at that time?

2 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Looking forward to coming over on Friday. It's a shame we will be without of our two form players for this game. Suspended for one game by a Dewsbury ref.

Nice to see the excuses coming in early but we’ve got Dale  Ferguson out injured.    Unless Ridyard is one with a ban, at best it’s quits. 
I’d come over the M62 unless google maps says no. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Coming over on a Friday night isn't the best due to the traffic. What's the best route at that time?

Best bet would be a helicopter. 

Looking forward to the match. Safe journey. 

20 hours ago, jroyales said:

referees suspend players now? what does the disciplinary panel do these days?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After today's performance, sadly I won't be coming over to Dewsbury. First half we were fine, first five minutes in the second we were fine then absolute rubbish for the rest of the game.

If we play like that on Friday, you'll score 50.

All the best in the championship next season - you deserve it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jroyales said:

After today's performance, sadly I won't be coming over to Dewsbury. First half we were fine, first five minutes in the second we were fine then absolute rubbish for the rest of the game.

Not sure you’re fit enough.   You let in those late points against us.  I reckon with the way you play if you improve your match fitness you’d be hard to beat. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jroyales said:

Get yourself over mate

How will you feel if you miss Oldham's glory moment eh

It's a game over 80 minutes

And anything can happen🤔

So, how will we do?

Watching the highlights of the Oldham - Doncaster game I felt that their defence looked a little vulnerable but they scored some well-worked tries, taking advantage of their broad acres. Our pitch should present different challenges and I would hope that we can frustrate them.

We have to hope for a win and to maintain our push.

Rams 28 - 12 Yeds

FTS: Restall

I will be missing this game but have sent in a note in advance. I hope that there is a good turnout and an enjoyable spectacle.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If we allow Ridyard to kick us to death like he did in the first game it will cause us problems. 

40-20's he'll be aiming for🤔

Hunslet have Dewsbury, Doncaster, Oldham all to play at their gaff

And I don't expect them to lose all 3 games

Dewsbury 32 Oldham 14

FTS Restall (try machine) 

37 minutes ago, jroyales said:

I can't argue with the scores mentioned. I just hope we give you a game.

Just wondering why are your home games on a Friday? Is it because teams coming to you will only have four days to prepare as opposed to your six.

Someone more informed than I would be better to tell you that, but the match against Rochdale last week and this Friday’s encounter are the only two scheduled for that day of the week.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

We played really well last week, making up for the poor showing in Cornwall and I hope we continue in the same vein on Friday. However, Oldham are no mugs and will give us another stern test and, after their somewhat surprising defeat at home to Doncaster, will want to prove themselves against us again.

Dewsbury 18-10 Oldham

FTS: Turner

MoM: Sam Day

Att: 1355 (!)

I think only a couple of changes will be made to last week’s line-up with Lewis Carr returning for the holiday making Andy Gabriel and Sam Day replacing Louis Collinson:

Restall; Carr, Jordan, Greensmith, Whiteley; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Maher; Garside, Graham; Davies, subs: Day, Ronan Dixon, Morris, O’Connor,

18th man: Collinson.

Missing out from the announced squad: Davey Dixon (he escaped any penalty after his sin binning in Cornwall), Walker and Summers.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

LoopIf we allow Ridyard to kick us to death like he did in the first game it will cause us problems. 

Dewsbury 32 Oldham 14

On 21/06/2023 at 20:04, jroyales said:

I can't argue with the scores mentioned. I just hope we give you a game.

Just wondering why are your home games on a Friday? Is it because teams coming to you will only have four days to prepare as opposed to your six.

No idea but it’s a ######.   Sunday is rugby day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolie said:

LoopIf we allow Ridyard to kick us to death like he did in the first game it will cause us problems. 

Dewsbury 32 Oldham 14

Repeating yourself now Coolie.

I hate to tell you what that is a sign of.

• Haha 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

No idea but it’s a ######.   Sunday is rugby day. 

The players like it now and then. It gives them a weekend with the family for once and, in June, we should get light nights and maybe even warm ones.

Given the proximity of Rochdale and Oldham it shouldn't adversely alter the gate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

This is what happens when you rely on someone's crappy internet

Says its not gone, then posts it twice... 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Says its not gone, then posts it twice... 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Says its not gone, then posts it twice... 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Another really solid performance esp in defence and play of the game was Brad Graham (?) holding up the Oldham player from 2nd half kick off.

Oldham had come to niggle and slow down the ptb but the team stuck to the task. They really dug deep and deserved the win. 

• Like 2