Your Team Selection

Crown Flatter

Four games remain and let’s suppose all our players are fit (and remain so), which 17 would you select?

Here’s my choice:

1 Restall

2 Carr

3 Jordan

4 Greensmith

5 Gabriel

6 Sykes

7 Turner

8 Beckett

9 Butterworth

10 Dixon (Ronan)

11 Garside

12 Graham

13 Davies

14 Ferguson

15 Day

16 Morris

17 O’Connor

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Wouldn't want to argue with that. 

I think that if Day is fit and can be included in the side as well as Butty, the way in which their time on the pitch is managed will be instrumental in deciding how we cope with the challenges to come. Both of them are highly effective at acting half back, but both have different ways of keeping up and building momentum. Properly used they are a potentially powerful combination for keeping the opposition guessing and on the back foot. 

• Like 3

Whiteley at 5, Collinson at 13 and Davies on bench in preference to Morris ........ As good and fast as Gabriel is, he isn't up to match sharpness (or didn't look to be against Rochdale) ....... Wouldn't want to be in LF's shoes when he is up to speed though, because Carr and Whiteley have done nothing wrong this season ........ In fact I'd have Carr as most improved player this year ...... All subjective of course. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, STEVE P said:

Wouldn't want to argue with that. 

I think that if Day is fit and can be included in the side as well as Butty, the way in which their time on the pitch is managed will be instrumental in deciding how we cope with the challenges to come. Both of them are highly effective at acting half back, but both have different ways of keeping up and building momentum. Properly used they are a potentially powerful combination for keeping the opposition guessing and on the back foot. 

That’s simply why my selection includes Sam Day. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, cauliflower lugs said:

Definitely Whiteley over Gabriel for me.

12 hours ago, Rambo said:

I’d maybe have Whiteley in place of Gabriel. Wouldn’t argue with the rest though.

I selected Gabriel for his speed and, for me, Whiteley was disappointingly slow in our long range try against the Hurricanes. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I selected Gabriel for his speed and, for me, Whiteley was disappointingly slow in our long range try against the Hurricanes. 

He’s not as quick as Gabriel but he’s like another forward when carrying it in.

rambo.gif

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Whiteley at 5, Collinson at 13 and Davies on bench in preference to Morris ........ As good and fast as Gabriel is, he isn't up to match sharpness (or didn't look to be against Rochdale) ....... Wouldn't want to be in LF's shoes when he is up to speed though, because Carr and Whiteley have done nothing wrong this season ........ In fact I'd have Carr as most improved player this year ...... All subjective of course. 

It was a toss-up between Collinson and Morris, but I went for the latter for his work rate, without being spectacular.  

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I would agree with this but don't think anyone would actually let us down. In my view our defensive capabilities are the prime requirement against Hunslet and Doncaster, and Whiteley has the edge there until Gabriel regains match sharpness.

Long-distance tries are crowd-pleasers, not match winners.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/07/2023 at 11:46, Rambo said:

He’s not as quick as Gabriel but he’s like another forward when carrying it in.

Defensively better imho. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Team selection for Sundays game at Hunslut🤔😉😉

1. Sugar Ray Leonard 

2. Many Pacquiao

3. Marvin Hagler

4. Thomas Hearns

5. Muhammad Ali

6. Roberto Duran

7. Joe Frazier

8. Mike Tyson

9. Floyd Mayweather Jr

10. Gary Rose

11. Lennon Lewis

12. Evader Holyfield

13. Tyson Fury

14. George Foreman

15. Deontay Wilder

16. Oleksandr Usyk

17. Adam Fogarty 

Water boy Anthony Joshua

🤔😉😉🤣👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coolie said:

1. Sugar Ray Leonard 

2. Many Pacquiao

3. Marvin Hagler

4. Thomas Hearns

5. Muhammad Ali

6. Roberto Duran

7. Joe Frazier

8. Mike Tyson

9. Floyd Mayweather Jr

10. Gary Rose

11. Lennon Lewis

12. Evader Holyfield

13. Tyson Fury

14. George Foreman

15. Deontay Wilder

16. Oleksandr Usyk

17. Adam Fogarty 

Water boy Anthony Joshua

🤔😉😉🤣👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

Do we take that you are expecting a physical encounter?

Like the choice at no5. The ability to float like a butterfly must be a big advantage for a winger, whereas if you can also sting like a bee you are a dangerous entity on any pitch. 

4 hours ago, coolie said:

1. Sugar Ray Leonard 

2. Many Pacquiao

3. Marvin Hagler

4. Thomas Hearns

5. Muhammad Ali

6. Roberto Duran

7. Joe Frazier

8. Mike Tyson

9. Floyd Mayweather Jr

10. Gary Rose

11. Lennon Lewis

12. Evader Holyfield

13. Tyson Fury

14. George Foreman

15. Deontay Wilder

16. Oleksandr Usyk

17. Adam Fogarty 

Water boy Anthony Joshua

🤔😉😉🤣👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

I think I’d find a place for Gary Cocks,he’d certainly rattle a few ribs. Who remembers the time we played Hunslet and he absolutely smashed Andy Precious the Hunslet forward,no matter how hard he tried to get himself up off the floor he couldn’t 💪👊

55 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I think I’d find a place for Gary Cocks,he’d certainly rattle a few ribs. Who remembers the time we played Hunslet and he absolutely smashed Andy Precious the Hunslet forward,no matter how hard he tried to get himself up off the floor he couldn’t 💪👊

I almost put Gary Cocks in at 10 lol

Kilshaw will have them fired up, Sykes has to keep a cool head as he'll be a target for special treatment, Callum Turner also will be singled out by Kilshaw as he was in the home fixture Vs Hunslut. 

I fearing the appointment of the Referee... Because so far the level of what we've had so far bordered on been obscene. 

TBH I'd have liked Ben Thaler to do this one, yes he's "6 again" are a pain in the backside... But he's been in charge of old school ruff and tumble, and knows where the line is, you get someone like Vella,Mickeymousekus or Rush

Jobs fluffed.. Or words to that effect

I'm hoping we'll go there

Put a performance fit for champion's 

And stay above the s.hithousery 

That Kilshaw spews🤔

• Like 1

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yep, when Gary tackled them they stayed tackled.

The speed  timing and commitment with which he went into the tackle was devastating. It must have been like being run over by a train. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Sorry Perry and defence are not a match made in heaven .

Ryder and Gabs weren’t exactly known for repelling all boarders either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, coolie said:

I almost put Gary Cocks in at 10 lol

Kilshaw will have them fired up, Sykes has to keep a cool head as he'll be a target for special treatment, Callum Turner also will be singled out by Kilshaw as he was in the home fixture Vs Hunslut. 

I fearing the appointment of the Referee... Because so far the level of what we've had so far bordered on been obscene. 

TBH I'd have liked Ben Thaler to do this one, yes he's "6 again" are a pain in the backside... But he's been in charge of old school ruff and tumble, and knows where the line is, you get someone like Vella,Mickeymousekus or Rush

Jobs fluffed.. Or words to that effect

I'm hoping we'll go there

Put a performance fit for champion's 

And stay above the s.hithousery 

That Kilshaw spews🤔

Fully understand your point. Purposely checked RFL appointments today and was pleased to see the match official is Mr Nick Bennett. I like the the bloke. Good sense of humour and communicates with the players in lay man’s terms on the field of play. At a scrum in League 1/Championship a player said to him if he was any good he would be reffing in Super League. Guess what is response was. If you was any good you would be playing in Super League. Love it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Fully understand your point. Purposely checked RFL appointments today and was pleased to see the match official is Mr Nick Bennett. I like the the bloke. Good sense of humour and communicates with the players in lay man’s terms on the field of play. At a scrum in League 1/Championship a player said to him if he was any good he would be reffing in Super League. Guess what is response was. If you was any good you would be playing in Super League. Love it.

Nice mate🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I love it too. We have to remember that these are just blokes who love the game as much as we do trying to do a necessary job, but I must admit that my personal bias always takes over the second the game begins.

I used to coach a university side,  and had a great relationship with a professional ref who also reffed at Dewsbury's level. We used to have some really funny discussions. During one match, at half time, he took me to one side and asked me to 'talk him through the offside rule again',  because I clearly understood it differently to him. 

Still didn't always get it right when reffing Dewsbury though.

• Like 2