v Fev (h)

RLDB

1 hour ago, SJD said:

You will really be gutted when we see the shock of the season. 😜

I can't make it today either but if that happens, I will be far from gutted. 

To a man we were superb today against a side twice our size. Couple of small details cost us. Rothwell was as game as they come, Makin put a hell of a shift in. Archer showed some nice touches will be a good half just needs games and time to develop.

Obviously we are missing a gun prop but if the rumours are true and tom walker is potentially available I feel someone like him would be the difference to us staying up or going down, if we can find the pennies to bring someone like that in would be massive. Having only 2 forward interchanges today killed us a little. 

Fingers crossed no injuries and we can get a forward back for our next game 🤞 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

To a man we were superb today against a side twice our size. Couple of small details cost us. Rothwell was as game as they come, Makin put a hell of a shift in. Archer showed some nice touches will be a good half just needs games and time to develop.

Obviously we are missing a gun prop but if the rumours are true and tom walker is potentially available I feel someone like him would be the difference to us staying up or going down, if we can find the pennies to bring someone like that in would be massive. Having only 2 forward interchanges today killed us a little. 

Fingers crossed no injuries and we can get a forward back for our next game 🤞 

Fully agree. Performances like this underline the fact that we have great potential. The table does not lie though and we have simply not been good enough at key moments in so many games.

I feel much happier after today mind you, especially as Keighley, Swinton and Newcastle all lost.

• Like 1

Play like this in our remaining games and we'll stay up cos we will get the points we need. We need to do it week in week out, seriously hope these lads can do it. I thought Ellis Archer was brilliant, he's the future. Broady excellent as always, everyone from 1-17 was fantastic today 👏

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AJK66 said:

Fully agree. Performances like this underline the fact that we have great potential. The table does not lie though and we have simply not been good enough at key moments in so many games.

I feel much happier after today mind you, especially as Keighley, Swinton and Newcastle all lost.

Whitehaven also lost - we play all 4 in our last 6 games. 

We'll win at least 3 of them (plus maybe York at Home), we'll stay up and you can take that to the bank.

• Like 2

Our opposition seem to score frequently after their 5th tackle close to our goal-line. We can't keep them out. Whilst we seldom score after our 5th tackle close to the opposition goal-line.

Be interesting to see the stats.

It is so frustrating to let all the defensive and offensive hard work go for nought and it makes all the difference to the score.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Really good effort by Barrow I thought as a Fev fan, did a particularly good job on keeping some of our bigger forwards (Springer, Kopczak, Smith) quiet as we have tended to roll most teams up the middle this season.

I have never heard the Fev fans as quiet as they were on Sunday,have you got bored of winning?😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HP Beans said:

I have never heard the Fev fans as quiet as they were on Sunday,have you got bored of winning?😂😂

Maybe an element of truth in that, but more that the league season feels like a "phoney war", doesn't matter how far clear we may be of the remainder, all that matters is two sudden death games in October.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ABrowny said:

Time for cresta to go for me, get a full time coach in

You’re really keen to get a ‘full time coach’ in place, please define what you mean by a full time coach with a team that trains a couple of nights a week? Is the full time coach going to sweep the dressing rooms, paint a few walls or even cut the pitch while the players are doing an 8hr day on the tools? Help me please 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Vet said:

You’re really keen to get a ‘full time coach’ in place, please define what you mean by a full time coach with a team that trains a couple of nights a week? Is the full time coach going to sweep the dressing rooms, paint a few walls or even cut the pitch while the players are doing an 8hr day on the tools? Help me please 

The lads a Barrow soccer fan on the wind to hence only posts when we lose. 

Was a great performance across the entire team. To beat Fev we'd have to play our best game and they play their worst so to only lose by 10 whilst other teams are getting 40/50 put into them is good for the Points Difference. Play like this in our remaining games and we should be picking up 3/4 wins.

Interesting question would be if the Ref noticed how far offside they were every set on the goal-line, easily a couple metres off every time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raiders_1875 said:

Was a great performance across the entire team. To beat Fev we'd have to play our best game and they play their worst so to only lose by 10 whilst other teams are getting 40/50 put into them is good for the Points Difference. Play like this in our remaining games and we should be picking up 3/4 wins.

Interesting question would be if the Ref noticed how far offside they were every set on the goal-line, easily a couple metres off every time.

And Barrow were never off side ? Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2