Lner stadium

DEANO

27 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Found out yesterday that the stadium is now cashless. I assume it’s the same for buying tickets. Doesn’t bother me but it will some

bit like leccy cars, its the future

32 minutes ago, White Knight said:

They were taking cash at the buffet before yesterdays match.

Oh. It must just be for the peasants then

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

There are a few issues at the stadium that I feel should be addressed. Yesterday, the turnstiles weren't working at gate 9, and in block C you could not hear any announcements over the tannoy. There was also a ridiculous queue to collect tickets when I arrived just before the Valkyrie game. Why can't tickets purchased on line be delivered via e mail like other organisations do?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEANO said:

I get that but cashless is not for everyone especially the older generation. At the very least it should have been advertised 

I'm only in my early 40s, but if it's for a small item like a pint or a pie, I don't bother if it's card only.

If they are going cashless, I'll not be getting anything in the ground on my (increasingly regular) visits.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I'm only in my early 40s, but if it's for a small item like a pint or a pie, I don't bother if it's card only.

If they are going cashless, I'll not be getting anything in the ground on my (increasingly regular) visits.

And yet I'm 58, and can't remember the last time I paid in cash for anything or had cash in my wallet. 

Edited by Shadow45
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

And yet I'm 58, and can't remember the last time I paid in cash for anything or had cash in my wallet. 

Which is fine, but I assume they'd want both of us to buy food and drink at the stadium on a Sunday afternoon.

10 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

There are a few issues at the stadium that I feel should be addressed. Yesterday, the turnstiles weren't working at gate 9, and in block C you could not hear any announcements over the tannoy. There was also a ridiculous queue to collect tickets when I arrived just before the Valkyrie game. Why can't tickets purchased on line be delivered via e mail like other organisations do?

So if you buy a ticket online for Sunday, you still have to queue up to collect it? What's the alternative?

45 minutes ago, LINNERS said:

So if you buy a ticket online for Sunday, you still have to queue up to collect it? What's the alternative?

I bought my ticket and it’s sent via email where you can either print it off or simply scan the qr code on your phone at the turnstile

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shadow45 said:

Unless I'm missing something obvious? I'd pay with my debit card

Yes, so they'd get your money.

But by restricting the payment options, they will miss out on income they would otherwise get from people like me who prefer not to pay by card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Yes, so they'd get your money.

But by restricting the payment options, they will miss out on income they would otherwise get from people like me who prefer not to pay by card.

Each to their own. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

That's the future I'm afraid, a cashless society 

Indeed. Less cash money, means less work counting and banking it, so a saving for any business in time and money 

Edited by Shadow45
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LINNERS said:

So if you buy a ticket online for Sunday, you still have to queue up to collect it? What's the 

Ive bought my ticket online and was given the print at home or Q code option. My comment was based on speaking to somebody in the queue on Sunday who had bought their ticket on line and told it had to be collected from the stadium before the game. Hopefully you'll be able to print one or use the q code. I'd still recommend you arrive in plenty of time either way,just to make sure you get in for the kick off.

• Like 1

Bought my tickets in the stadium ticket office for a game a while ago, they also sent me a-tickets but they didn't work, came up as cancelled when I scanned the QR code at the turnstile, if I hadn't had the paper tickets with me, I might not have got in. I did report the problem so hopefully it is sorted now

51 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

i paid cash at the ticket office window at the back of the little stand on sunday no probs

when ive been with friends who are not season ticket holders theve used that ticket office (back of the north stand) never a queue like inside , always was cash or card.

• Thanks 1