Dogs v Bulls

Batley Bob

We've just been handed a great fillip; if Bulls had won there would have been a point between us for Sunday, so they can't catch us anyway. If we win we put 5 points between. Halifax could then only go equal with Bulls should we win. 

I know we lost tonight but I fancy are chances this weekend now with you having that cushion that we can’t catch you. One eye on Wembley part time players getting that chance to play there. 

hopefully big crowd for the pink weekend treated to a good game roll on Sunday 🥁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bullmania said:

I know we lost tonight but I fancy are chances this weekend now with you having that cushion that we can’t catch you. One eye on Wembley part time players getting that chance to play there. 

hopefully big crowd for the pink weekend treated to a good game roll on Sunday 🥁

Being in the unfortunate position of living with a Bulls fan, I watched the game last night and Bradford were awful. 

I know what you mean about the Wembley effect though, that will defo be on people's mind, I'm sure, but Bulls will have to step up their game on Sunday if they want a result. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

Bulls were shocking but Barrow played well. Great result for them, but I'm wondering what the backlash will be like for us?

Same as the last team that sat teetering on the edge of the play offs, coming up to the Mount off the back of a defeat? 

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

Being in the unfortunate position of living with a Bulls fan, I watched the game last night and Bradford were awful. 

I know what you mean about the Wembley effect though, that will defo be on people's mind, I'm sure, but Bulls will have to step up their game on Sunday if they want a result. 

Massively have to step up no doubting that. 

But yeah that Wembley effect these players are human and Wembley don’t come around every year for them do you really want to risk an injury and lose that dream hell no. Plus you’ve that little cushion now do you want to lose that no but can you afford to yes.

hope it’s a big crowd send them off to Wembley with a feel good factor.

• Like 3

Get your point Bullmania but alternatively losing one puts pressure on us further down the line ie v Eagles, that's the one we could do to be in the position of it not mattering. Wembley or not have you ever known a Dogs team take anything easy and not put everything on the line?

• Like 2

Bulls fans already making excuses on FB after ref appointment announced. It appears that they don't like Mr Vella as he 'clearly doesn't like the Bulls and is biased'. He's reffed us a few times this year also and I think that he is quite OK as far as the Championship standard goes. Then again I'm not one for blaming refs for a teams performance or the result. Every ref can have bad days but if so it will be the same for both teams. Looking forward to this, as my guess is that the Bulls fans will be giving it to him from the start and no doubt he has already seen FB comments about him from them!

22 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Can’t see us wanting to go Wembley 0/2

That  won't matter one little bit K when they walk out at wembley what's gone off during the season will be the last thing on their minds

No because he is in the Leeds 21 and they play on Sunday. If he is not available for Wembley we just revert back to McGowan to fullback as we have for the majority of this season, Walshaw we will miss.

Don't know what the weather's like down Batley but been constant rain up here. Concerned at the several other games proposed on the pitch over the weekend.

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

Don't know what the weather's like down Batley but been constant rain up here. Concerned at the several other games proposed on the pitch over the weekend.

Linners & Mokko went to watch the Bulls game on Monday,  so if they plan on utilising the same game plan as Barra, the more rain the better.