Player sponsorship for Wembley

distantdog

Hello all, 

I just want to pass on a message I received from Paul Harrison this afternoon regarding shirt sponsorship for Wembley.

The club are asking existing player sponsors if they would like to sponsor a player for Wembley. For £250, we have the opportunity to purchase the player's playing shirt and a polo shirt which will be presented to us at a later date. I have said I would be prepared to sponsor our player, but believe that the forum contributors should have an opportunity to take part too, particularly as this forum has shown such generosity in the past. It would be great if we could raise a bit of money for the club in order to enhance the experience of playing at Wembley for the players - one of the aims is for the players to stay down in London the night before the game and the night after.

If you would like to take part, please get in touch by the usual channels and I will try to sort it out. I will be down for the Bradford match on Sunday if people would like to contribute then.

Many thanks

Stuart

12 minutes ago, LINNERS said:

Happy to contribute and can send funds online or possibly bring cash on Sunday if its easier.

Brilliant thank you. You may have noticed that I haven't asked for a specific amount - I thought I might just collect what people felt they might want to contribute and see what we ended up with. If people would rather I did what we do with the annual shirt sponsorship I am happy to do that!

Not heard anything about this from the club re my player...by 'purchase their shirt' do you mean that by sponsoring the player that counts as 'purchasing' or an expectation of paying on top to get the shirt/polo?

Edited by phildog

29 minutes ago, phildog said:

Not heard anything about this from the club re my player...by 'purchase their shirt' do you mean that by sponsoring the player that counts as 'purchasing' or an expectation of paying on top to get the shirt/polo?

Contact Iro, I would have thought you should have received it.

Direct quote

'So what we are planning on doing is making an exact replica second playing shirt and polo which nobody. other than the player, will have. It will have your players name and heritage number on, and with you being the current player sponsor we are offering you a special opportunity. For the cost of £250 you will hve first option to purchase your players playing shirt and polo shirt which you will be presented with at a later date.'

So we sponsor the guy for Wembley at £250 yet 'have the opportunity' to then pay again to get the shirt and no further cost mentioned? Is that about right?

17 minutes ago, phildog said:

So we sponsor the guy for Wembley at £250 yet 'have the opportunity' to then pay again to get the shirt and no further cost mentioned? Is that about right?

No, the £250 buys both the players shirt and the polo shirt.