Andy Last sacked

RogerT

I see Last as been sacked as the head coach at Castleford, wonder where that leaves Craig Lingard and more importantly Batley till the seasons end.

Im quite sure that he will see the season out with Batley as Linners is a man of integrity and we still have wembley and still in play off positions and would like to think he will see this out , only thing that could happen is that Cas give him an ultimatum in that if he doesn't take the head coach job now and leave Batley now , that he will lose the chance to work at Cas, if that was the case would hope he puts two fingers up to them , but you couldn't blame him if that did happen and he took over the head coach job now as he has without a doubt earnt a crack at SL 

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

Im quite sure that he will see the season out with Batley as Linners is a man of integrity and we still have wembley and still in play off positions and would like to think he will see this out , only thing that could happen is that Cas give him an ultimatum in that if he doesn't take the head coach job now and leave Batley now , that he will lose the chance to work at Cas, if that was the case would hope he puts two fingers up to them , but you couldn't blame him if that did happen and he took over the head coach job now as he has without a doubt earnt a crack at SL 

I don't think he would lose his chance to work at Cas as he came in as assistant mid way through the season and was nothing to do with Andy Last getting appointed,  so no reason why he can't carry on being assistant to someone else, which I think he his happy to do for a while anyway, plus he has a 2 year contract. Also considering where they were in the table when he signed, you'd think they may have discussed this scenario during their negotiations.

Certainly a distraction he doesn't need at the moment!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Either Radford or Powell will come back to Cas. Powell goes nowhere without Ryan Sheridan. Radford also could have an entourage. Either appointnent would I think put Linners in jeopardy which then begs a question, could he remain at Batley now we've officially appointed Mokko as his successor? This is a whole can of worms, opened by Austin leaving Leeds and the knock-on effect is large for Cas, Leeds and Batley. Leeds are having to replace Austin at 6, Myler would step up normally but he's injured, they've taken Hooley back at an important time as we need to beat Bradford and then into the final, where everybody says 'no problem, Leeds aren't playing, they'll let him play' but it doesn't necessarily follow as if he is then earmarked for full back they won't want to risk him getting injured playing for somebody else. I think that Linners is a man who CAN separate one thing from another especially when the Cas situation isn't anything that he can control so for us at least for 2 weeks it'll be business as usual.

Didn't Lingard say that there was no cross over between jobs or cross over on games that's why he is doing both jobs now I say give linners a shot until the end of the season what have cas to got to lose now anyone coming in has a tough task, maybe linners can save them! Although in  desperation I would guess there already round at Powell house knocking on his door, although he didn't do much with a good team at warry, so can't see him doing much with a poor cas side either! 

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Either Radford or Powell will come back to Cas. Powell goes nowhere without Ryan Sheridan. Radford also could have an entourage. Either appointnent would I think put Linners in jeopardy which then begs a question, could he remain at Batley now we've officially appointed Mokko as his successor? This is a whole can of worms, opened by Austin leaving Leeds and the knock-on effect is large for Cas, Leeds and Batley. Leeds are having to replace Austin at 6, Myler would step up normally but he's injured, they've taken Hooley back at an important time as we need to beat Bradford and then into the final, where everybody says 'no problem, Leeds aren't playing, they'll let him play' but it doesn't necessarily follow as if he is then earmarked for full back they won't want to risk him getting injured playing for somebody else. I think that Linners is a man who CAN separate one thing from another especially when the Cas situation isn't anything that he can control so for us at least for 2 weeks it'll be business as usual.

You actually know nothing about rugby league if you think either of them 2 coaches will go to cas as coaches on was sacked by them earlier this season & one is on effective gardening leave from Warrington with full pay if he took a job in the next 6 months would lose all money - John Kear will come in for the next 7 games and try save them but if wakey carry on this roll whoever takes the job it’s a massive risk to your coaching CV 

Luke is on dual registration with us so he can play when needed but I’m sure if you ask the club they’d tell you 

Leeds might play Hooley tomorrow and he might not be up to standard with the pace of the game 

If he's not upto the pace a)that's Leeds' fault for not using him more, just what is he training full-time with them for and b) that's the reason they've been letting him play for us to get game practice.

Also, if they STILL don't think he's good enough, why did they chase him and why have they picked him on a corresponding match when he could still have been playing for us?