Is this the NZ warriors most successful season?

3 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

https://ministryofsport.com/warriors-winning-strategy-the-commercial-playbook-behind-their-nrl-uprising/

Warriors’ Winning Strategy: The Commercial Playbook Behind Their NRL Uprising

2023 in numbers

Really interesting, great share - thanks 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Enjoying the affronted outrage from RU fans in the comments, insisting that everything's the best it has ever been for their code and any criticism, however minor, is trolling and nothing else.

Reminds me of the "everything in the garden is rosy" mindset of English RU fans, before this season's long-predicted financial implosions.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another good read:

Last Saturday, less than 18 hours on from beating the Sea Eagles in Round 25, the Warriors hit send on a social media post that summed up just how popular the club has become in 2023. 

It confirmed a sell-out at Go Media Stadium for the fifth time this season, but the difference this time was that they had reached capacity a full six days before gates were even due to open for Friday night's 18-6 victory over the Dragons. 

On the back of a team that is on track to have arguably their most successful season ever – with a top-four spot secured and a record-equalling eighth straight win in sight in Round 27 – the Warriors are receiving huge levels of support and reaching historic highs off the field as a result.

With six total sold-out home games in 2023 and an average home attendance of 20,909 – not factoring in their 'home' game during Magic Round – the club coffers are burgeoning. 

Through their opening seven home fixtures they've generated the highest game-day revenues for merchandise in the club's 28-year history, while ahead of the 2024 season there are already 45 businesses on the waitlist for corporate hospitality packages. 

The Kiwi club's average home attendance after Round 25 – again removing the anomaly of Magic Round – trailed only the Broncos (32,932) and Dolphins (23,786).

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/08/26/sign-of-the-times-warriors-fandom-at-an-all-time-high/

• Like 2

On 25/08/2023 at 17:42, Futtocks said:

Enjoying the affronted outrage from RU fans in the comments, insisting that everything's the best it has ever been for their code and any criticism, however minor, is trolling and nothing else.

Reminds me of the "everything in the garden is rosy" mindset of English RU fans, before this season's long-predicted financial implosions.

Whilst no doubt a fun read it’s not something that interests me to be honest as I think our game on the pitch is unrivalled no matter what union does or says and we as a game shouldn’t always look to what union thinks or says about our game.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Through their opening seven home fixtures they've generated the highest game-day revenues for merchandise in the club's 28-year history,

That's insane. The Warriors are normally at the very top of the list of merchandise sales every year. 

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Havenlad80 said:

Not sure how I feel about this.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/132816057/eden-park-should-be-warriors-home-for-nrl-playoffs-not-mt-smart

the warriors would probably be better served by adding temporary seated stands taking the total capacity around 31k instead of taking it to the bigger venue Eden Park.

Unfortunately its not their choice it's up to the NRL. 

Mount Smart is their home and has a special atmosphere when full. Eden Park is synonymous with another sport and the redevelopment was a dogs dinner.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Unfortunately its not their choice it's up to the NRL. 

Mount Smart is their home and has a special atmosphere when full. Eden Park is synonymous with another sport and the redevelopment was a dogs dinner.

How much more money will be made from getting 40k at Eden park and 32k at mount smart?

2 minutes ago, Havenlad80 said:

How much more money will be made from getting 40k at Eden park and 32k at mount smart?

It's not 32k though, it's 25k. Temporary seating has its own cost on top of that. Eden Park is 50k. As the NRL will have to hire either, and as the Warriors are flying and the hottest ticket in town, the potential is there to make far more for the NRL. A full Eden Park would send its own message and speak volumes too as a statement for the NRL. I'm sure the respective hiring costs will be the big factor. 

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's not 32k though, it's 25k. Temporary seating has its own cost on top of that. Eden Park is 50k. As the NRL will have to hire either, and as the Warriors are flying and the hottest ticket in town, the potential is there to make far more for the NRL. A full Eden Park would send its own message and speak volumes too as a statement for the NRL. I'm sure the respective hiring costs will be the big factor. 

Didn’t the recent all blacks game against South Africa at mount smart get a crowd of around 31k-32k with temporary seating?

getting 50k at Eden park for a warriors came is a big ask even if they are currently flying and the #1 ticket in town.

10 minutes ago, Havenlad80 said:

Didn’t the recent all blacks game against South Africa at mount smart get a crowd of around 31k-32k with temporary seating?

getting 50k at Eden park for a warriors came is a big ask even if they are currently flying and the #1 ticket in town.

I know you can add temporary seating. I said the capacity is 25k and that temporary seating has a cost on top of that. The NRL will have to pay that.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

I know you can add temporary seating. I said the capacity is 25k and that temporary seating has a cost on top of that. The NRL will have to pay that.

I guess the NRL will have to weigh up the cost benefit analysis of adding temporary seating to mount smart which will 100% sellout at 32k to that of hiring out the much bigger venue of Eden park which would be a far harder task of selling out at 50k.