Serbia v France

1. I've never seen a French team play in red and white hooped shirts and black shorts before. Feels weird.

2. Serbian RL hasn't progressed for a good few years now. The game just hasn't done enough (or anything?) to help them. We're our own worst enemy.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

9 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

1. I've never seen a French team play in red and white hooped shirts and black shorts before. Feels weird.

2. Serbian RL hasn't progressed for a good few years now. The game just hasn't done enough (or anything?) to help them. We're our own worst enemy.

Is it a borrowed kit ? The Serbian kit is very ‘French’. 

Reminds me of when the France football team borrowed a green and white striped kit in the 1978 FIFA World Cup.

Yes I am that old…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanto said:

live stream on Facebook.

Ready to kick off.

https://www.facebook.com/SerbianRLF

No indication on X that there’s live stream for this game. I don’t understand why organisations don’t advertise the fact earlier rather than leaving it to the last possible minute to let fans know.

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Serbia don’t seem to be improving when it comes to the National side. Teams like Partisan and Red Star play with a lot more structure and set players. Serbia seemed to play one-out rugby the whole game. 

Ultimately the only real way to get an emerging side like Serbia closer to a team like France is to get their players playing professionally, or semi-professionally. When they're a fully amateur side from the domestic league coming up against a country like France with a strong RL history and players that have been in Catalans/Toulouse/Elite One development systems they stand no chance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Serbia don’t seem to be improving when it comes to the National side. Teams like Partisan and Red Star play with a lot more structure and set players. Serbia seemed to play one-out rugby the whole game. 

I don’t think RSB and PB being head and shoulders better than the rest does them any favours. It’s not as if either team seeks out better opponents to test themselves against. They seem happy to keep on winning 90% of the games they play by big scores.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2023 at 11:40, Gomersall said:

I don’t think RSB and PB being head and shoulders better than the rest does them any favours. It’s not as if either team seeks out better opponents to test themselves against. They seem happy to keep on winning 90% of the games they play by big scores.

You're right , they for some reason are happy to roll over smaller sides but not welcoming of new ideas and competition especially PB . Hopefully we can improve the Balkan super league but we need British and French teams to come here and boost the game as a whole

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2023 at 13:40, Gomersall said: