Squad for 2024.

jroyales

13 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

We heard Wilky and Baker had signed with Widnes a few months ago. Gutted about Wilky as he would have been sensational behind this pack but Baker was very poor. Can't believe the praise for him from others on this board.  Cameron tried hard and was very aggressive in defence but made very little impression with the ball.

I see Paga as no.14 next season. I agree it definitely didn't work when he went to hooker at the end of the season but I think behind a dominant back he would be unstoppable from dummy half and would be great cover if we get any injuries in the backs. Astley at full back for me with Craven and Ellis in the halves.

Delighted about Moran. He was excellent in almost every game. Could easily see him as Captain next year.

Johnson fullback for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

We heard Wilky and Baker had signed with Widnes a few months ago. Gutted about Wilky as he would have been sensational behind this pack but Baker was very poor. Can't believe the praise for him from others on this board.  Cameron tried hard and was very aggressive in defence but made very little impression with the ball.

I see Paga as no.14 next season. I agree it definitely didn't work when he went to hooker at the end of the season but I think behind a dominant back he would be unstoppable from dummy half and would be great cover if we get any injuries in the backs. Astley at full back for me with Craven and Ellis in the halves.

Delighted about Moran. He was excellent in almost every game. Could easily see him as Captain next year.

Wilky and Baker not at Widnes.

Cameron will benefit greatly with game time. Hes one to keep an eye on.

Pat Moran great signing

3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Struggle to see where Paga gets in with craven Ellis and astley. Be a good back up player.

totally agree regarding Wilky, would of loved to see him play with next years squad certainly deserves it with his performances for the club over the years. Regarding Baker I feel with a half back of the quality of craven instead of Paga he could be utilised a lot better and a solid defender. 

We will certainly have a very strong squad next year which I am excited about, I feel we will walk the league if it stays as League one. But would have liked to have seen how a few of last years squad would have gone with better tools around them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipw said:

All the best to the three of them.

Something doesn’t seem right, why would we wait till now to announce Wilkinson and baker leaving ? There’s no way Baker is moving to London. 

I personally would have kept them both, I know current new board members on here will disagree but people who have watched this club over the years know both players had something to offer under the new regime. 

4 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

All the best to the three of them.

Something doesn’t seem right, why would we wait till now to announce Wilkinson and baker leaving ? There’s no way Baker is moving to London. 

I personally would have kept them both, I know current new board members on here will disagree but people who have watched this club over the years know both players had something to offer under the new regime. 

Well seems you maybe on the board as you seem to know a lot of things before any of us 

13 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

I hope not, no better than what we’ve already got when he’s played this year. I’m hoping for a championship experienced hooker not a young kid in a key position 

Apparently he made a huge impact at Widnes in the champ.

2 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

The press release said he had agreed to stay but he has got a new job working in London and can’t play pt RL. 
on the Facebook thread it says Willy has signed for Salford 

Its all very well and good , who will be playing for Oldham in 2024, but there is NO Division 1 now , not enough teams to make a season, income etc etc etc unless the Championship is merged with 1st Division that is ?? Ive not heard anything about a 7 team League 1 ?, it would be a laughing stock

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg