Half back - Ellis

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow

Hooker - 

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 14

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Unbelievable signing for this level of RL, will easily be the best player in the comp.

We could well be playing Championship RL at this rate-with Newcastle pulling out of the comp, surely L1 won’t stay as it is. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, philipw said:

We could well be playing Championship RL at this rate-with Newcastle pulling out of the comp, surely L1 won’t stay as it is. 

I did fear for Newcastle a while ago now . I predicted this loop fixture rubbish back on the IMG thread last month but that was before Newcastle pulling out of the comp . 
We have I would guess Super Leagues preferred 2 in the championship playoff final , for the last ever promotion on merit .
I just don't see how you can run league 1 on 8 clubs , it will become a farce and I can see Newcastle not being the last club the withdraw from the season at this rate . 
They need to restructure the Championship and League 1 , North/South , East/West whatever works best , but all of the clubs need to seriously look at the bigger picture and not just put their self interests first . 
Sorry gone off topic on this thread , squad looking great 😀 a lot of positives , the amount of 2 year contracts is a plus but that does obviously have some negatives particularly in view of this with Newcastle 

3 minutes ago, Rob95 said:

Yes 😪. On BBC Sport website too

Thanks. What a mess, for Newcastle, for rugby league, and for League One. I just looked elsewhere and there are suggestions (eg from Hunslet RLFC) regarding merging/restructuring the Championship and League One, This surely has to happen, if only to avoid League One being a complete waste of time, an embarrassment to the sport and even more clubs collapsing due to lack of support and public interest. 

• Like 5

Fullback - Johnson

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne

Centre -  Turner, O’Keefe, Morgan

Utility Back - Paga

Half back - Ellis, Craven

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow

Hooker - 

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 15

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 hours ago, herbie said:

Wilky plus Baker and Cameron accepted offers elsewhere now

Surely this can’t be true, Baker was quality for the majority of the season and Wilky won player of the year, would love to see both around quality teammates and see how they fit in especially Wilky who has been consistently a good performer for the club in 2 spells around average players. 

something must of gone on for them not to be announced as leavers then to take deals elsewhere ?

5 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Surely this can’t be true, Baker was quality for the majority of the season and Wilky won player of the year, would love to see both around quality teammates and see how they fit in especially Wilky who has been consistently a good performer for the club in 2 spells around average players. 

something must of gone on for them not to be announced as leavers then to take deals elsewhere ?

Perhaps they were offered deals but decided to take up offers elsewhere. Could be more money or guaranteed playing time. Personally, I thought that all three were pretty average, although Wilkinson did pick up when Littler left.

Edited by Roughyed Rats

2 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Perhaps they were offered deals but decided to take up offers elsewhere. Could be more money or guaranteed playing time. Personally, I thought that all three were pretty average, although Wilkinson did pick up when Littler left.

They will all be gutted that a guy like you thinks theyre average.

• Haha 1