Swinton H

HP Beans

Much better game management this week and a well deserved win. Swinton didn't offer a lot, but that was due to a much improved and disciplined defence. I'd like to think we've done enough to stay up, but we need to make sure at Newcastle next week.

• Like 1

I felt the scoreline didn't reflect our dominance. For the first time in a while it felt like our halves controlled the game. MOM for me was Bulmam closely followed by Wood and Emslie. 

For us to go down it requires: 

Swinton to beat Haven, Swinton to win away at Fax, Haven to win at home to Toulouse and Keighley to win at either home to Fax or away to London with us losing 2 games. 

I reckon the odds for that to happen are 1000/1. I'm probably going to stick £100 on it just in case. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

I think if was Connor  I would be ######.... but well done yo all today. Pretty mistake free and good discipline.  On saying that I was very disappointed with Swinton.  Very poor.

No you're wrong, Swinton were great but our lads made them look poor ☺️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

One thing I noticed today is Brett playing 9 in the final 10. We got away with it today as the game was done but what is going on with Saunders for him not to play especially in a crunch match like today, the lad never lets us down when he plays either

For me Saunders is very good in attack but his defence isn't good enough for this level and misses far too many 1 on 1 tackles which we can't afford. 

He needs to take a leaf out of Ryan Johnstons book. Ryan struggled initially but has become solid in defence with nothing but hard work. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

I think Swinton might turn Haven over next week.

Perfectly possible of course, but they will have to massively improve on today's disappointing showing. I expected more from a side desperate to avoid the drop. Still, if the jam eaters do win, we definitely stay up.

After today, I am far more confident that we will win the last two anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

One thing I noticed today is Brett playing 9 in the final 10. We got away with it today as the game was done but what is going on with Saunders for him not to play especially in a crunch match like today, the lad never lets us down when he plays either

Tbh I don't think it was the intention if the game was close for Brett to play there but with the game done and dusted it just gave Carter a 10 minute spell and wood a rest after a great stint. I'm sure if the game was close carter would have went in the centre, broady to FB and Cressy to 9. 

Saunders has improved but unfortunately his defence isn't at the level required just yet. 

On a side note I thought broadbent was outstanding in the centre.

9 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Yes very hard to pick MOM yesterday,Billington had his best game for us so far,Emslie tough defence and carries.Bulman,Brand and Broady all very good.

Could name more,great team performance👍🏻

Luke Cresswell outstanding too for me. Safe as houses at the back and made some telling breaks too. We are  blessed to have two players as good and as versatile as him and Broady

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raiderfan67 said:

Luke Cresswell outstanding too for me. Safe as houses at the back and made some telling breaks too. We are  blessed to have two players as good and as versatile as him and Broady

For me, Greg Burke is much improved than he was earlier in the Season. He made lots of powerful runs and I'd be happy for him to be with us for next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SJD said:

Didn't he have to leave the field with an arm/wrist injury, I'm sure I spotted the physio shaking her head towards the Dr, anyone know if it was a serious knock. 

Suspected broken hand or wrist I think, Josh Wood has to leave presentations early to take him to hospital. 

1 hour ago, bruner said:

greg Worthington is also worth a mention. i think he has been grate at prop

Made some good yard’s yesterday, good to see him finally looking fit. Also what a difference some confidence has made to Bulman, starting to see the best of him now. 

• Like 2