Sat 16th Sept: SL: Hull KR v Salford Red Devils KO 19:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/23 at 19:00

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I always love a Huddersfield fan talking about Rovers fans. We took over your place last week, barely even knew you were there. Even with that daft drum. 🤣

Yep took over the whole stadium, 18,546 of you came dressed as blue seats, unfortunately 1,300 also came in red and white and spoilt it....enjoy your win and the play-offs.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Yep took over the whole stadium, 18,546 of you came dressed as blue seats, unfortunately 1,300 also came in red and white and spoilt it....enjoy your win and the play-offs.

Enjoy your taxi back from Hull FC, with the rest of your travelling fans 👍🏼

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

15 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Enjoy your taxi back from Hull FC, with the rest of your travelling fans 👍🏼

I've had 2 trips to Hull this year already, that was enough thanks, plus i usually go by train.

Edited by daz39

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

I've had 2 trips to Hull this year already, that was enough thanks, plus i usually go by train.

Presumably you all came on this one? 🤣

8170E70D-EC01-4E8C-A8F8-BDCC41674A3A.jpeg

• Haha 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

14 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Presumably you all came on this one? 🤣

8170E70D-EC01-4E8C-A8F8-BDCC41674A3A.jpeg

Despite your emoji's, your jokes are very boring and no-one is laughing at them, just give it up and go and celebrate your rivals getting stuffed and less importantly your team qualifying for the play-offs,

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Despite your emoji's, your jokes are very boring and no-one is laughing at them, just give it up and go and celebrate your rivals getting stuffed and less importantly your team qualifying for the play-offs,

Oh I don't know. It definitely raised a titter from me.

Then again it doesn't take much.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

Nah, it was a funny pic, and I make jokes for myself - the only audience whose judgement you can rely on! 

• Haha 1

Salford have cancelled the Players awards night this week due to the illness sweeping through the players. I heard an interview  with Rowley on Wednesday or Thursday saying they hadn't trained.

Suspect this is a covid outbreak as someone had it V Warrington.

6 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Salford have cancelled the Players awards night this week due to the illness sweeping through the players. I heard an interview  with Rowley on Wednesday or Thursday saying they hadn't trained.

Suspect this is a covid outbreak as someone had it V Warrington.

Hope it wasn't Covid seeing as they all played on the weekend... 😳

13 hours ago, Red Willow said:

No idea what the protocol says now. If they test negative on game day then I guess they are allowed to play.

My understanding is government advice try to stay at home if you have it but I don’t think there’s any legal requirement to do that or to take a test. 

Some unfortunate press coverage about fighting between fans at the game last Saturday :

"Humberside Police said: "Officers were called to support security staff at Craven Park stadium in Hull on Saturday, 16 September, following reports of antisocial behaviour at the match between Hull KR and Salford Red Devils. Two men were arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm following the match. We are also aware of a male who was in possession of flares and are working with both clubs to identify and appropriately deal with him."

Rather hilariously, some Hull KR fans on social media were complaining about Salford fans throwing bottles, imagine their hysteria if they'd been sat below them when this happened.

• Thanks 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

We are also aware of a male who was in possession of flares and are working with both clubs to identify and appropriately deal with him."

Been charged with a crime against fashion.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

Been charged with a crime against fashion.

Okay, okay...I'll put my hand up to this one...

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Some unfortunate press coverage about fighting between fans at the game last Saturday :

"Humberside Police said: "Officers were called to support security staff at Craven Park stadium in Hull on Saturday, 16 September, following reports of antisocial behaviour at the match between Hull KR and Salford Red Devils. Two men were arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm following the match. We are also aware of a male who was in possession of flares and are working with both clubs to identify and appropriately deal with him."

Rather hilariously, some Hull KR fans on social media were complaining about Salford fans throwing bottles, imagine their hysteria if they'd been sat below them when this happened.

Wow,not like you to dig up any negative stuff about Hull KR

• Thanks 1

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

It wasn’t “fighting between the fans” it was aggressive behaviour from Salford fans. It was all caught on video, and the police dealt with it at the time. Salford, like all clubs, have some idiots and it’s not all of their fans fault.

Please try and hide your bias, Hull FC fans are no angels… as I reminded you following the last derby at Craven Park, where FC fans managed to throw bottles *up* into the West Stand from the Well, narrowly missing Lachlan Cootes son of all people. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

Wow,not like you to dig up any negative stuff about Hull KR

At least you've made a comment, I'm used to the hundreds of sad faces from you that accompany any post that doesn't show Hull KR in a favourable light.

I do sometimes post positive stuff about them but you never seem to comment on that.

13 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It wasn’t “fighting between the fans” it was aggressive behaviour from Salford fans. It was all caught on video, and the police dealt with it at the time. Salford, like all clubs, have some idiots and it’s not all of their fans fault.

Please try and hide your bias, Hull FC fans are no angels… as I reminded you following the last derby at Craven Park, where FC fans managed to throw bottles *up* into the West Stand from the Well, narrowly missing Lachlan Cootes son of all people. 

As was the behaviour of the bottle throwing Hull KR fans at the MKM derby.

What happened to the police dealing with that I wonder?

Perhaps if Rovers had lost the Salford game like they did the 2016 MPG it would have been a different story.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

As was the behaviour of the bottle throwing Hull KR fans at the MKM derby.

What happened to the police dealing with that I wonder?

Perhaps if Rovers had lost the Salford game like they did the 2016 MPG it would have been a different story.

Just myopic. Just because you experienced something horrible, doesn’t mean others don’t, that one club is worse than others, or that your club’s support is immune from the same issue. You really need to get some perspective. There’s more to life than your own lived experience, bad things happen to other people too. 

Look, it’s simple. One of us believes that many clubs have a problem with a small number of badly behaved supporters, including their own, and that all such clubs need to work to address it. 

The other believes that one club - which just coincidentally happens to be their cross-city rivals having a better season than their own team - is uniquely bad, and refuses accept their own club has any problems. 

I’ll leave it to others to judge which is the more reasonable, balanced position. 

On 19/09/2023 at 18:31, Old Frightful said:

If someone said there had been some crowd trouble at a SL game and asked which clubs fans could have been involved, I bet most people would have picked 1 of the 2 if not both?

12 hours ago, meast said:

If someone said there had been some crowd trouble at a SL game and asked which clubs fans could have been involved, I bet most people would have picked 1 of the 2 if not both?

I would say you're bang on there.

But hey, I'm not reasonable.

On 21/09/2023 at 04:07, Old Frightful said:

At least you've made a comment, I'm used to the hundreds of sad faces from you that accompany any post that doesn't show Hull KR in a favourable light.

I do sometimes post positive stuff about them but you never seem to comment on that.

You need to get a grip,You take every chance you can to have a go at Hull KR. You take any chance you can to add some snide remarks .lt's like bingo..50-0,five tries at Wembley ,bigger support ,1985,etc.Your noisy little neighbours are having a decent season and there seems a feel good vibe there.Your club will turn things around sooner than later The hundreds of sad faces are mostly from your comments,it is not healthy .There you are,more than one comment .

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

On 20/09/2023 at 19:07, Old Frightful said:

I like to think of it as a quality assurance mark.

If you get one you know you must be doing something right.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

You need to get a grip,You take every chance you can to have a go at Hull KR. 

I do indeed but my efforts at running down Hull KR pale into insignificance compared the the Hull KR fan who never stopped downing Hull FC at every opportunity, you know who I mean, the one who seems to have disappeared following his abusive comment aimed at HKB.

And I have, in the past, put positive threads and comments about Rovers but, aside from the token sarcastic gesture above, you've never commented or indicated appreciation about those.