The NRL Finals - Round 2 Thread

Going .. Going Gone...

This week its the case against the visitors

Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters

• Roosters on a seven game winning streak - all streaks come to an end
  • Roosters minus Joseph Suaalii, Joey Manu and Billy Smith - Stom without Xavier Coates and Jahrome Hughes - On balance it hurts the Roosters more
  • Last weeks was one of two titantic battles and the Roosters will be not just physically but mentally drained
  • Roosters defence kept them on the game against Sharkies but they lack, invention, speed and guile going forward
  • Melbourne havew a suspect pack but Bellamy has had a week to fix this with assistance from Brandon Smith "poking the bear" in the media so to speak.
  • Flying to Victoria is an advantage to the home team

New Zealand Warriors v Newcastle Knights

• Knights on a ten game winning streak - all streaks come to an end
  • Knights without Jackson Hastings but Shaun Johnson returns for the Warriors - a big swing to the Warriors
  • Last weeks was one of two titantic battles and the Knights will be not just physically but mentally drained
  • Ricky's depleted Raiders gave the Knights a joust to remember and exosed the chinks in the Knights Armour defensively.
  • The Warriors have the backing of a whole nation at Mount Smart - Big time mana for the Warriors
  • Flying across "the ditch" to New Zealand is an advantage to the home team

As always good luck with your Tips, and in the NRL it's not always obvious as to how the game pans out.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Just now, MZH said:

I'd feel pretty sick about that if I was a Roosters fan. That was obviously a knock on from Grant, you didn't need a replay to know that. How Klein thought he caught it I have no idea.

Especially when they go downfield for an unconverted try

2 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Especially when they go downfield for an unconverted try

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, it was a mediocre defensive set and a decent try, but they should have been attacking the Melbourne line. I'm surprised there wasn't a challenge. Even on the long shot at full speed it didn't look like there was any way he caught it clean.

Collins gets the ball with a yawning gap in front of him.

12 all with 13 minutes to go.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson